ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #15046
_anatic
Plated

Oddometer: 1,114
Tag #722

Sign says 217, let me know if ya need anything else.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #15047
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,104
.. two hooligans ..

.. lol .. man I wish I could have hung another day .. y'all have a great time and get home safe .. great meeting you both this weekend ..

::: edit ::: ... I should say .. "Great meeting you three this weekend" .. I recognize that third bike, who's rider I am guessing is the photographer .. lol ..

RevBill screwed with this post 05-08-2011 at 11:28 AM
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #15048
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,902
I think I know where that one is and since I wasn't along on that ride, I won't feel bad about grabbing it. The interesting thing about that tag is you could ride a cruiser to it and only have to ride about 200 yards of gravel if memory serves me right. Or you could ride about 15 miles of FS roads and get there just the same. Anyone who goes after it is in for a great ride no matter what type of contraption you're on. It'll be a couple of days before I can have enough time to go after it so here's a chance for any of you flatlanders who didn't make it to the cabins this weekend to steal it back out of the hills.
I hope everyone who was here makes it home safely. See you all next time you're up in the hills. Joe
Old 05-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #15049
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,804
Ok you dam Hill-billy's keep it moving don't let me regret bringing it west!

As soon I win the lottery I am moving lostmarbles and family and myself high in them there hills!!

Hell I am still west of 77 I might go get it!!
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #15050
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,107
OH so it's the road and not Okie's bike. Damn. I was going to slip over to Okie's house and snap a picture of the back of his bike for a grab.

Hope you guys had a good weekend. I did get the Nighthawk engine sealed up between jobs. All I have to do now is pull the broken one out (ie; manhandle by myself ouch!) and drop the new one in. Still need a clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit and swap out the new clutch I had just put in old engine before it went south. The Hawk is more comfortable on the longer rides and has "Longer Legs" than the FT500 single. Maybe by the end of the month but we shall see. If it bounces around the hills a bit I might be able to make a run for it when it comes east again. ( I hope)

Keep up the good Taggin folks.

Ray
truck6driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #15051
_anatic
Plated

You know I thought about tagin' Okie's bike. Hmmm... I had a blast, but didn't take near enough pics this weekend. Didn't have another file tag with me, well except for deep in the woods. Joe, I think with a little creative parkin' an imaginative photography someone could get that tag without getin' in the gravel.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #15052
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,625
Well, this here thread needs activity

I ain't had no chance to gofer this tag but I did get out a while and on the way back......well...

I am so popular around here that th women just start showing up to warsh my motorsickle. Just terrible ain't it....

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #15053
_anatic
Plated

Normally I say why wash it, you jus gona get it dirty again. But in this case
Old 05-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #15054
drgnslayr72
smokeater

Oddometer: 108
Check your email.....theres a rebuild kit on the link I sent you

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck6driver View Post
OH so it's the road and not Okie's bike. Damn. I was going to slip over to Okie's house and snap a picture of the back of his bike for a grab.

Hope you guys had a good weekend. I did get the Nighthawk engine sealed up between jobs. All I have to do now is pull the broken one out (ie; manhandle by myself ouch!) and drop the new one in. Still need a clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit and swap out the new clutch I had just put in old engine before it went south. The Hawk is more comfortable on the longer rides and has "Longer Legs" than the FT500 single. Maybe by the end of the month but we shall see. If it bounces around the hills a bit I might be able to make a run for it when it comes east again. ( I hope)

Keep up the good Taggin folks.

Ray
Old 05-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #15055
FishHunt
slow poking...

Oddometer: 1,318
Well this is proof enough that Hillbillyville has thawed out, why isn't anyone playing tag?

<>< Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
I ain't had no chance to gofer this tag but I did get out a while and on the way back......well...

I am so popular around here that th women just start showing up to warsh my motorsickle. Just terrible ain't it....

Be good and you will be lonesome - Mark Twain
Old 05-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #15056
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Grab

USFS Tenn 217, but on the other side of the road( Cherohala Skyway) it is USFS NC 81. Crosses at about the point where the Skyway skirts the Tenn line for the third time going west. What I knew from many years ago I think as the Old Santeelah Road. I did not get to ride it with the GS but will trailer my KTM back real soon and ride the whole thing. Tried to post this up from Robbinsville but could not get my 'puter to connect anywhere.

Ok, will be back later tonight with a new tag.Give me some opinions....any Hillbillys wanting to play tag? If not, I'll throw this back to where it came from

Honda XR 70 R
Old 05-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #15057
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Additional pic

Honda XR 70 R
Old 05-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #15058
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnslayr72 View Post
Check your email.....theres a rebuild kit on the link I sent you
I will get to it soon I hope anyways. I will pick up one after I have the engine sitting in the frame.

Ray
truck6driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #15059
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,902
Aarrff, YOu should have come by the cabins to post. I'm still here but leaving soon to head home. I'm glad you grabbed it. I don't think there are too many hillbillys playing tag these days. Did you see how long the Appalachian Tag has been sitting around lately? I say either punt it back and one of them flatlanders can bring it back or put it closer to Asheville and it should see some action. nice grab BTW. Let me know when you come back with the KTM. Joe
Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #15060
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWannaB View Post
Aarrff, YOu should have come by the cabins to post. I'm still here but leaving soon to head home. I'm glad you grabbed it. I don't think there are too many hillbillys playing tag these days. Did you see how long the Appalachian Tag has been sitting around lately? I say either punt it back and one of them flatlanders can bring it back or put it closer to Asheville and it should see some action. nice grab BTW. Let me know when you come back with the KTM. Joe
Will let you know Joe. I guess I can find somewhere to park my Jeep and the little trailer. Its been a long time since I was on those roads...looking forward to it. I sent my KTM saddle off to be rebuilt and it should be back soon...no fun riding on that battery

Honda XR 70 R