ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #22546
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,093
NC has three distinct tagging areas...

Hillbillies, up in those mountain thingies were you have curves

Flat land, basically 95 to somewhere west of Winston Salem.

Tag killing land, anywhere east of 95....


Not calling you out or anything, just a long running joke... :-) Welcome to nc.
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #22547
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy
 
JoeWannaB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Sylva, NC
Oddometer: 1,896
Boatman,
I am certain Whitebread is not calling you an A-hole and you did nothing wrong. In fact you did good. You may not be aware that the NC tag game has had a long tradition of a friendly rivalry between the flatlanders and the hillbillies. The flatlanders will come up to the hills and grab a tag and take it to BFE on the coast where it'll lay until it rots and stinks like a washed up fish carcass. Then a flatlander will rescue it and it will eventually make it back into the hills and then the process will start all over again. Most of us hillbillies are too afraid to come down out of the hills to get a tag so we really are at the mercy of a kind hearted flatlander who will bring the tag back into the hills for us. Sometimes we have to wait a coon's age before that happens and that is why we don't place tags where flatlanders can easily bushwack 'em. Welcome to NC.
__________________
JoltFilmz
JoeWannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #22548
Ninjafreak
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: NC Mountains
Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWannaB View Post
Boatman,
I am certain Whitebread is not calling you an A-hole and you did nothing wrong. In fact you did good. You may not be aware that the NC tag game has had a long tradition of a friendly rivalry between the flatlanders and the hillbillies. The flatlanders will come up to the hills and grab a tag and take it to BFE on the coast where it'll lay until it rots and stinks like a washed up fish carcass. Then a flatlander will rescue it and it will eventually make it back into the hills and then the process will start all over again. Most of us hillbillies are too afraid to come down out of the hills to get a tag so we really are at the mercy of a kind hearted flatlander who will bring the tag back into the hills for us. Sometimes we have to wait a coon's age before that happens and that is why we don't place tags where flatlanders can easily bushwack 'em. Welcome to NC.

Ahhh...I didn't know that JoeWannaB. So now I see why the flatlanders were trying to coax the "new hillbillie guy"-me, to take the tag east.

Ninjafreak screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 06:34 PM
Ninjafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #22549
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
I guess I'm stumped..... did I do something wrong. I checked the rules and didn't see anything the said certain areas were off limits.

The above pic can be interpreted that you are calling me an a-hole.

Sorry if I made any mistakes.
You didn't make any mistakes at all. However, if you're moving to the NC mountains, you better get used to getting tags stolen by us flat landers.

Although, I can't talk too much smack right now considering I haven't been around to grab a tag since January.
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #22550
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,256
I've seen folks in the central part of Flatlandia steal tags from both directions and we've had a couple long distance poachers from out this way, but I don't think I can ever recall someone from deep in them thar hills doing the long haul.

Didn't there use to be a lot more active taggers around the Asheville area?
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #22551
Aarrff
Gravel Grinder
 
Aarrff's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Ol' Smokie
Oddometer: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
I've seen folks in the central part of Flatlandia steal tags from both directions and we've had a couple long distance poachers from out this way, but I don't think I can ever recall someone from deep in them thar hills doing the long haul.

Didn't there use to be a lot more active taggers around the Asheville area?
Huh? Maybe I should renew my poaching license
__________________
**Aarrffin' Around**
Born with nothin'.... still got most of it.

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #22552
doogiepooch
Studly Adventurer
 
doogiepooch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, NC
Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjafreak View Post


This is a terrible color....I don't know how you live with yourself riding this thing, personally I wouldn't be caught dead on it
Good tag, its well within my riding radius....hmm, can I get off work early enough?
__________________
Current: 13 Ninja 300 Past: 12 KLR650, 09 Ninja 250, 98 VFR, 88 KLR650, 88 XT350, 07 ZX6R
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves....Edward R. Murrow
www.nationalmssociety.org
doogiepooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #22553
FishHunt
slow poking...
 
FishHunt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Asheboro, N.C.
Oddometer: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
Huh? Maybe I should renew my poaching license


I'm overdue on mine also.

<>< Fish
__________________
V-Strom 650 Averaging 100 Smiles per gallon

Be good and you will be lonesome - Mark Twain
____________________________________
FishHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #22554
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
Huh? Maybe I should renew my poaching license
Yep. Sorry. Forgot. It's been a good while... Someone else on a KLR too, right? Foggy remembery right now.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #22555
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunt View Post


I'm overdue on mine also.

<>< Fish
Yeah, but you're one of the folks that can cover Murphy to Manteo....
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #22556
Ninjafreak
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: NC Mountains
Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiepooch View Post
This is a terrible color....I don't know how you live with yourself riding this thing, personally I wouldn't be caught dead on it
Good tag, its well within my riding radius....hmm, can I get off work early enough?
Oh Yea...Well I've seen your bike. Its ugly as sin. I wouldn't have it.
Ninjafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #22557
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 9,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
NC has three distinct tagging areas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWannaB View Post
Boatman,
I am certain Whitebread is not calling you an A-hole and you did nothing wrong....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
You didn't make any mistakes at all...

Thanks guys,,,, looking forward to moving down there in the near future and getting some riding in.

Just for the record,,,, I like to ride!
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #22558
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,093
Eventually I'll have another street bike, then there won't be a safe dry cleaners in NC...
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #22559
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
Eventually I'll have another street bike, then there won't be a safe dry cleaners in NC...
You in the shopping phase yet?
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #22560
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
You in the shopping phase yet?
Sort of...

Every time I save up the loot something comes up...
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014