ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #23536
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Cool. Then go get it, wise guy.
Thats still alot of ridin...prolly would be a record for me for chasing down a tag...I'd do it as a posse run that always makes it more fun too...but theres nuthin like ridin all that way to be bruced or worse ...I recall a few yrs back when i came to NC...I felt the need to prove i could go the long distance in NC to ride and grab a tag...MotoFetcher punted a tag out to Currituck on the Charles Kuralt Wildlife Nature Trail...it runs a long ways along the coast...when he first posted it his clues were not really specific enough but I still thought i could find it...I think I rode over 400 miles and never found the tag...turns out it was up in the extreme N.E. corner of the state and the only road into the area is coming in from VA! By the time I was on the return leg then it became clear where it really was....I was a good 200+ miles in the wrong direction... Anyways they all had a good laugh at my expense...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #23537
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
Thats still alot of ridin...prolly would be a record for me for chasing down a tag...I'd do it as a posse run that always makes it more fun too...but theres nuthin like ridin all that way to be bruced or worse ...I recall a few yrs back when i came to NC...I felt the need to prove i could go the long distance in NC to ride and grab a tag...MotoFetcher punted a tag out to Currituck on the Charles Kuralt Wildlife Nature Trail...it runs a long ways along the coast...when he first posted it his clues were not really specific enough but I still thought i could find it...I think I rode over 400 miles and never found the tag...turns out it was up in the extreme N.E. corner of the state and the only road into the area is coming in from VA! By the time I was on the return leg then it became clear where it really was....I was a good 200+ miles in the wrong direction... Anyways they all had a good laugh at my expense...

I've got a couple of VA tag locations that require going through NC to get to them.

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #23538
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,343
Well that was a tough one for sure...I wish i would have waited a bit longer and asked for better clues because later Fetch did get more specific...by that time i was already coming home... there was a huge lapse of internet coverage or the lack of it where i was so i was out of the loop ...by the time i got internet back...then it was clear where the tag was...I pretty much waved the white flag...the only time i have ever not found a tag in any of the games i've played so that kinda sucked...

STBNE screwed with this post 03-20-2014 at 02:24 PM
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #23539
doogiepooch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
Hell as tags go this is in my back yard but Renazco Racing has had my seat for the last month making it nice and comfy. I get it back Thursday but I'm out of town till Friday. I bet it's moved by then but who knows. Nice to see that BMW tourer running down some gravel to place that.
doogiepooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #23540
daGeeeze
Geeezed lightning

Oddometer: 1,999
Hey y'all. In light of the worsening weather should I move the tag to another location? I figured someone would have ventured out to get it this past weekend.

Noted by Pat
Old 03-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #23541
doogiepooch
Studly Adventurer

Heck no, that's not how this works. I think you put it in a great location, if I had a seat I'd have owned it already. Someone will go get it, if not I'll go end of week. Weekend looks like mid-60's. Cold weather tags in the less populated areas of the state always seem to take a little bit.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #23542
turtlemoye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiepooch View Post
Hell as tags go this is in my back yard but Renazco Racing has had my seat for the last month making it nice and comfy. I get it back Thursday but I'm out of town till Friday. I bet it's moved by then but who knows. Nice to see that BMW tourer running down some gravel to place that.
You mean you only have one bike? Ride it without the seat, as you said it's in your backyard.

2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511
turtlemoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #23543
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
You mean you only have one bike? Ride it without the seat, as you said it's in your backyard.
Sitting on your battery can be comfortable, and a downright electrifying experience is performed correctly.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #23544
doogiepooch
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
I also said I was out of town till Friday. It's in my county lets put it that way, with gravel, it's still probably an hour+ away. But yes only one bike at the moment But heck whether I get to get it or not...still doesn't need to be moved to an "easier spot", that just feels wrong.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #23545
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiepooch View Post
But heck whether I get to get it or not...still doesn't need to be moved to an "easier spot", that just feels wrong.
I guess that depends on whether you feel it should be a difficult thing for most to get to or it should be kept in play and moving around. Is it about riding or keeping it well hidden?

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #23546
doogiepooch
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I guess that depends on whether you feel it should be a difficult thing for most to get to or it should be kept in play and moving around. Is it about riding or keeping it well hidden?
I suppose I understand that. But my personal opinion is the biggest part of this game is going to places you wouldn't normally ride. I've been on the road this one is on but in my Jeep but it would never occur to me to ride my street bike there. But seems like there are some good paved twisty stuff getting there, so why not.

The Jet location from the end of Oct stood for 20 days

The Union Point Park Tag stood for 27 days

The current tag has been up for only 11 days.

And that's just recent stuff...I still say it should stand till someone goes and gets it no matter where it is but that's just me. I suppose there is a point where a sneaky or diffucult location causes lots of buzz on the "where is it front" but then after so long of it sitting the chatter dies and most are just waiting for someone else to go get it.

doogiepooch screwed with this post 03-25-2014 at 09:06 AM
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #23547
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
You know where it is right?
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #23548
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeeeze View Post
Hey y'all. In light of the worsening weather should I move the tag to another location? I figured someone would have ventured out to get it this past weekend.

Noted by Pat
Its fine. The weather is turning, and spring weather is just around the corner. There is also going to be lots of folks in the area this weekend no matter the weather. MMM.
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #23549
daGeeeze
Geeezed lightning

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgajohnymac View Post
You know where it is right?
Just in case he doesn't;

3540'02.0"N 8304'22.0"W

On Old Cataloochee Turnpike

(edit: turns out preview won't show an embedded map)
Old 03-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #23550
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,393
The tag is an easy find. It took a few minutes, but it is clearly visible on Google Earth.

I tossed the tag up to Marshall knowing that the nice weather could turn. It looks like it has gotten nasty today. However, with MMM happening this weekend, I can't see the tag lasting much longer. Just sayin...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote