ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #31
AKStrom OP
Just call me 'Magellan'

Oddometer: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
Hmm,

I may just have to swing by on my way home from Engels Pub.
I think we missed you, unfortunately. We were there until about 8:30 tonight.

Celtic Bayou was packed pretty full but the covered deck outside was quite comfortable.

As always, the food and the grub and the company were all fantastic.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #32
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

Oddometer: 1,567
[/quote] Celtic Bayou was packed pretty full but the covered deck outside was quite comfortable.
As always, the food and the grub and the company were all fantastic.[/quote]

Oh that is where you were. I was there around 715 and saw the bikes out front. I thought the back was where the staff smoked. I did not know there was seating out there. I had a burger and pint at the bar. Kept looking around but did not see anyone with gear on or around there table.
Next week I will check outside.
Drew
The blind one.
Tail Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #33
AKStrom OP
Just call me 'Magellan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew

Oh that is where you were. I was there around 715 and saw the bikes out front. I thought the back was where the staff smoked. I did not know there was seating out there. I had a burger and pint at the bar. Kept looking around but did not see anyone with gear on or around there table.
Next week I will check outside.
Drew
The blind one.
Got a point there. I should've told the server that there might be more motorcycle people and that we were out back.

Or we can let Ranjan do it. Project Managers gotta be useful for SOMETHING after all.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #34
Dude69
Usurper of Gov'ts

Oddometer: 913
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStrom
... Project Managers gotta be useful for SOMETHING after all.
Hey! I resemble that remark!
IBA #32752
Dude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #35
intr1gue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStrom
Got a point there. I should've told the server that there might be more motorcycle people and that we were out back.

Or we can let Ranjan do it. Project Managers gotta be useful for SOMETHING after all.
HA! Actually turns out my skills as a PM are much better served annoying PM's who manage projects I sponsor now. It's nice being management =)

I'll bring a Gantt chart for the next one just in case...

--Ranjan
intr1gue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #36
Dude69
Usurper of Gov'ts

Oddometer: 913
I'll be there early tomorrow.... I'm skipping practice to go test games @ MSFT @ 7P... so gotta bail around 6:30
IBA #32752
Dude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #37
AKStrom OP
Just call me 'Magellan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude69
I'll be there early tomorrow.... I'm skipping practice to go test games @ MSFT @ 7P... so gotta bail around 6:30
s'cool. I'll be there shortly before 6, as usual. If the weather is still decent, I'll be out back. I'll leave instructions with the host.

I will SO need a beer by the end of the day tomorrow. Non-stop meeting hell.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #38
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,136
I may try to slide down the hill and say hi but it won't be till after 7ish.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #39
AKStrom OP
Just call me 'Magellan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
I may try to slide down the hill and say hi but it won't be till after 7ish.
oh yes, I'll be there. Drowning my misery in a Gorgonzola Bacon Cheeseburger.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #40
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

I should be there around 730ish. Looking forward to a Pint and burger.

Drew

I will park the cage in back again and bring in my helmet so I can fit in
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #41
gabrielu
who's a berg?

Oddometer: 440
Offroad clininc at Reiter this Saturday

Wanted to flag to yall in case you had not seen this-

Russ (PacWestGS) is teaching an off road clinic this Saturday to raise money for his Baja team-
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386319

Russ is one tough sob, ex military guy, now a US Marshall on planes, he knows what hes talking about- He rides a 1150 and a x650- Class will be very small, 7 people I gather, so youd get lots of 1-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacWestGS
Edit: There is enough interest that this will move forward. I'm working on the classes and look forward to this Saturday. I am still planning on being there Friday afternoon and spending the night at one of the camping areas. It is my plan to ride as much as I can into the night (remember I'm still racing the Baja 1000 probably at night) and still take whatever time is needed to set up the training area for a great day of off-road "Adventure" training. I hope too not only see the students that have signed on, but anyone else in the area to come out and provide mutual support and motivation. We have food, soft drinks, and a terrific riding area that challenges the beginer to advanced rider.

Even if you are not lucky enough to be a student, please sign in so that we have enough food on hand for everyone that will be there. Thanks!

Who's interested in an off-road "skills" clinic on Saturday October 4, 2008, location depends on most number of willing participants locality. (Edit: Location is Reiter Pit. One mile east of Gold Bar, WA on Hwy 2. Turn left on Reiter Road, (just past the Fire Station on left) go straight at May Creek Road (main road "May Creek" turns left "Reiter Road" continues straight) I will be located in lower pit area - first one you come to - at about 08:00 until about 08:45.) Before you get there a great place to eat breakfast is Sultan Bakery downtown Sultan on Hwy 2.

All procedes will go to support the Snortn' Boar Racing effort to compete in this years Baja 1000 in November.

Let's get dirty, let's have some fun, let's learn to push the envelope a bit, and let's learn some techniques for getting your D/S bike to perform like you and it should.

Who's interested? (First FIFTEEN are IN... alternates that are there on time replace those that are missing)

Some basic topics: Balance, braking, control (body positioning and mechanics), ascents/descents (hill climbing), log crossings, water crossings, root control, hopping rocks, and whatever else I can throw in on a days outing.

Big bikes or small bikes are all welcome - I'll bring one of each. (but you can't ride mine )

I'll provide lunch at a reasonable cost - dogs/brats/burgers and soda pop. (marked up of course)

The cost for this is $150 per rider and I am NOT resposible for any damage/injury to you or your motorcycle. (Just to be clear, this is a donation, I am not profiting from this in any way. All money raised will be used directly to support our race effort in the Baja 1000)

Details and location to follow if interest is shown. (Edit: See above for location - Reiter Pit. If you have a small bike bring it, if you don't bring what you have)

(Edit costs were established after speaking with another local instructor, he says $150 is a bargain, I should charge more. Also, I'm going to cap the course at 15 students although others are welcome to come out watch and enjoy the fun and eat.)

Riders should wear adequate body protection: shoulder, elbows, hips, and knee armour in addition to mandatory: helmet, good over the ankle boots (Off-Road boots prefered), gloves, eye protection and coverage for exposed skin - pants/long sleeve shirt.

Seven spots filled (eight open positions left)

Beelzabob (out but possibly replaced)
Sound Uly
Dude69 (out)
Watercat
Faustus +1 (out) (I understand)
WaAdvRider
jason_n
ducwad
StoneAgeMan

PWGS
Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #42
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

I wish I could go. Russ is a great rider and good teacher.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #43
gabrielu
who's a berg?

Oddometer: 440
Busy getting scared....

sorry I could not make tonite - had to watch me some comedy/horror show in tv, the veepees...
Lesson learned: Gosh darn it, I don't have to have me answer them questions, bacause I have the answer already memorized, wink wink- Oh, and it's back to nucular instaed of nuclear-
Old 10-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #44
AKStrom OP
Just call me 'Magellan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielu
sorry I could not make tonite - had to watch me some comedy/horror show in tv, the veepees...
Lesson learned: Gosh darn it, I don't have to have me answer them questions, bacause I have the answer already memorized, wink wink- Oh, and it's back to nucular instaed of nuclear-
Heh. Hung out with His Dudeness and one of the new guys for awhile.

A beer is exactly what the doctor ordered, even if I did have to step out in the rain to have an after-dinner smoke.

Trust me, far better an after-dinner smoke than an after-dinner going-postal spree. Far better indeed.

Gotta figure out a way to get the beers into the middle of the day. Damn East Coast customers always want to schedule meetings from 10 to 2 PST.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #45
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielu
Wanted to flag to yall in case you had not seen this-

Russ (PacWestGS) is teaching an off road clinic this Saturday to raise money for his Baja team-
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386319

Russ is one tough sob, ex military guy, now a US Marshall on planes, he knows what hes talking about- He rides a 1150 and a x650- Class will be very small, 7 people I gather, so youd get lots of 1-1.
Gab,
Don't forget about the 1200GSA, and the YZ, maybe more. Yep he's got a garage full, and rides them all very well.

I finally made it over to the Celtic for a brew tonight, after one of Skip's BBQ sandwichs at Engels Pub. I pulled up at the same time as GSguy, (good looking Elevenhundy). We didn't see anyone else there. Yes, Dale even looked out back.