Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #61
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Oddometer: 1,134
It was an AWESOME weather day for riding. It was calm and crisp. Reached about 65 degrees and the sun came out after the first 5 miles of the ride.
MeRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #62
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Rode south and stopped at a covered bridge. There are a lot of them out here. This one has an asphalt road surface but the ones with wood surfaces are more fun to ride through for some reason.

Attached Images

MeRide screwed with this post 11-06-2009 at 06:17 PM
Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #63
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Interesting structures, aren't they?
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #64
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

More foliage and a river view......

Attached Images

MeRide screwed with this post 11-06-2009 at 06:18 PM
Old 09-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #65
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Attached Images

Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #66
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet
You definitely got me jonesing for my old HD. Haven't felt the withdrawal symptoms in quite awhile.

The way a old V-twin eats up cold heavy air and exudes a peaceful forward motion...argh.

Happy B-day

Thanks man!

These bikes are fun for sure. I really enjoy my modern bikes but it's a real treat to experience where what we ride today came from. Seeing the evolution of design and technology then playing with it.....how great is that?!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #67
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown
Nice! Now that's livin'!

BTW, if you bring kids they'll want theirs after about 1.75 miles.

I prefer them steamed. But you do what you can. Oh, the sacrifices I make......

I can see it now. Go into the fine dining establishment and order up the chow. "How would you like that cooked?"....."I'd like it 2.5 miles, thank you".
Old 09-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #68
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettech01
Reminds me of times gone by, living a simpler life, and many times a more enjoyable life, thanks for the reminder, and thanks for taking us along. Nice Bike, nice ride, nice day............
Thanks for the good words.

You're welcome. We all need reminders. I had mine today too. Simple is good. Things are too crazy and even over the top now. Savor the simple things. I'll try to do better with this myself. Heck, not doing a mega-mile ride was something I wrestled with for this ride. During the ride I relaxed and savored the ride and the machine. It was plenty to enjoy. Actually, too much in some senses.

MeRide screwed with this post 09-23-2008 at 06:43 PM
Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #69
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjbmw
New England in the Fall is THE best. And the dogs look nicely cooked.........................I'm hungry...........

BTW, I love old bikes, but I am way too spoiled to ride them for all the technology...........sad really. I gave up my BSA because it was so frustrating......
The Fall is awesome and riding it is great. Oh, I savored those dogs.

My regular street bike is a BMW R1100RT. Yah, I admit it. Besides, EvilClown already outed me. . I love that bike. It does everything I want it too. Dirt roads, crazy uphill streambed , twisties, regional, and cross country and it does it well in all weather. Love the heated grips, suspension, fuel injection, etc. But the old bikes really are more enjoyable than we think they are because we get spoiled with the newer machines. There is a place and a ride for all of them.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #70
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBuell
MeRide - Ride on dude! The old iron is awsome to ride, I love old bikes.
I have a 1924 Chief, that I once took on the Bonehead Enduro in Washington St. Its been many years since I had the old chief out.
I have suspended operations on my 1953 Chief project because it is such an expensive undertaking to restore it. But I look foward to puttering in the shop as an old man and finishing the job!
Cheers.
Dude, you gotta share some of those old bikes with us! Enlighten your fellow riders!! A '24 Chief !!! On an Enduro Thats great stuff there!!!! Yah, half the fun is the shop time, history, and research. Good fun.

MeRide screwed with this post 09-24-2008 at 02:03 AM
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #71
Lambo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Aerostich also sells an inexpensive clip on retractable lanyard. Clip it on your jacket and if the camera slips out of your hand while you are riding it retracts back to you. Saves the camera & lowers the stress of inflight photos. Great bike by the way.....

Support Mental Health or I'll Kill you.

Ironically, Chuck Norris’ hidden talent is invisibility.
Lambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #72
tommcbride
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeRide
My regular street bike is a BMW R1100RT. Yah, I admit it. Besides, EvilClown already outed me. . I love that bike. It does everything I want it too. Dirt roads, crazy uphill streambed , twisties, regional, and cross country and it does it well in all weather. Love the heated grips, suspension, fuel injection, etc. But the old bikes really are more enjoyable than we think they are because we get spoiled with the newer machines. There is a place and a ride for all of them.
Modern bikes have their place as do our old bikes,
they help to bring balance in the the recreation we so enjoy called motorcycling and it's ADVriders like yourself that really help more than you know to keep it all in perspective.

We are traveling vicariously with you and appreciate taking us along for the ride.
Loving every moment~
Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #73
England-Kev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,404
Nice one meride, I think you are now an official bimbler.
England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 AM   #74
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

OK, so here I am on vacation and I wake up at 4:00am when I can sleep in . So many things went on yesterday even in addition to the ride that I just couldn't rest I guess. I fought it for a while but I finally gave up.

The ride continues......
Old 09-24-2008, 01:54 AM   #75
MeRide OP
Me like bikes!

I'm riding along and this smell hits me. An interesting smell but I can't place it. A little while later I get the smell again. Its a sweet smell. Then it dawns on me, its the ripe Concord grapes that grow wild by the roadside. They tend to get ripe at ths time of year and become very aromatic. So much so that the scent can be picked up while riding 45mph with a full face helmet on. Reminds me of riding a motorcycle through the pineapple planations in Hawaii many years ago. These are things you miss if trapped inside a car.

I ride on....