User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
jak OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Leo Vince pipes and Dicks Racing.

OK I finally get to tell my story. A while back I posted about the issues of fittment on my Leo Vince pipes. It was no secret it seemed that a few others had problems as well.They leaked, I had to bend a tab on one side to get them to mount up and they didnt even line up when on the bike.

So I bought my exhaust system from Dicks Racing in Roseville Ca. I told him about the problems I had and so he requested that I bring the bike to him in which I did. Now he has 950 SE that is going to be featured in a magazine next month so it getting loaded with aftermarket stuff, Leo Vince pipes being one of them and he worked his majic on the carbs and suspension so I have a feeling thats what the magazine guys are really going to be talking about. I havent rode the bike but he says its SCARY Fast and I believe him. Anyways he called Leo Vince and explained the problems on his bike and mine so they came and picked up both bikes and took them to the Bay Area where they did what ever they did. They put a Dyno Commander remote EFI chip/remapping device on my bike along with a new designed H tube.They put my bike on a Dyno but I dont know how to post a picture of the copy. The first thing I noticed is how cool my bike runs now. I complained to Dick that I always thought the bike was way lean from the factory to pass emmissions and I suspect I was right because its a totally different bike now. It pulls very hard in 3rd,4th and 5th. Only a slight pop on decel.Getting on the freeway and up to 80 is a snap. My fan only kicks on at lights and stop and go stuff. With the stock stuff it was always kicking on and was quite annoying. I still have a very small leak but we are trying to address that. Its going in for the first service tomorrow and Im not so sure about the aftermarket chip/mapping as far as the warranty goes. Leo Vince says that it wont effect the warranty but Im not so sure.

Anyways Dick also did a revalve and put 54s in the forks. WHAT a difference. No fork dive, stays up in the stroke, goes right over stuff. He also installed a 16 tooth sprocket and a GPR stabilzer and top fork clamp.All I have left to do is install is my Kaoko control, grip heaters, new grips, and my G2 throttle cam system. Im thinking about some new hand gaurds as well.

This bike is a money pit but it sure is fun.

This is Dicks Racing web site. For those of you that dont know of him , He is a MASTER at WP and other brands suspension. He is a genius when it comes to jetting and motor mods. He really has his 950 SE dialed in and Im positive those magazine guys are going to either poop their pants or have a grin ear to ear after riding his bike.
http://www.dicksracing.com

Call him with any questions and Im sure he will answer them all.

Id like to post some pictures but not sure how to.
jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
Venteuri
I don't give a shit

Oddometer: 14,576
Can you please ask him his recommendation with Leo's and EFI mapping?

keep the std. can maps or have the ktm akras mapping?
KTM 990 ADV 07 sold Member #68,893
An exmilitary fast-jet pilot that is well aware of the challenges in keeping complex machines running, which owns and runs a string of aviation companies and teaches daily the management of complex engineering said: Above all stop pandering to posts from morons like Venteuri who can't even spell Venturi properly.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
jak OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
He didnt do the re map. Leo Vince did. They put the power commander on my bike and it stays on it. Its like a powerchip for your diesel truck. Here is the link to their website.

http://www.dynojet.com/

Hope this helps.
jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
gaspipe
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 11,340
I've ridden some old-timey KTM big bore two strokers (440's and 550's) set up by Dick Wilks, and they friggin' ripped. He knows his stuff and builds some kick ass motors and very, very nice suspension setups for the KTM.

Hair of the dog....
gaspipe is offline   Reply With Quote