ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #1711
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,266
I hit 60 at Mt. Pleasant Rd. then west to 635 at the Forks, down 635 to 130, west to Glasgow then up to Buena Vista. What little I saw of 60 was ok, going over the mountain on 130 was clean so I suspect 60 is fine.
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #1712
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Just saw on the news that the BRP was opened this afternoon.

Guess the Ranger at the Rt. 56 end didn't get the memo or I was slightly too early (1:30-2). Looked like a big gate with a "Road Closed" sign to me.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #1713
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 512
vabuckaroo

Hey vabuckaroo, racing isn't for me so I was out taking pictures at Oakridge while the guys rode. I am pretty sure I got one of you!!

If anyone else was riding there today, PM me your race number and I'll see if I have any of you. I took a lot of pictures and some turned out pretty good!

tuffstuff screwed with this post 04-06-2014 at 05:21 PM
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #1714
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
Hey vabuckaroo, racing isn't for me so I was out taking pictures at Oakridge while the guys rode. I am pretty sure I got one of you!!

If anyone else was riding there today, PM me your race number and I'll see if I have any of you. I took a lot of pictures and some turned out pretty good!
I was thinking about going to check out the races this weekend, but just had too much to do. Another ADV Inmate from the Midland area races (Motocox). I don't know his number, but he's on a blue & white Husaberg.

Feel free to post up more of the race pictures!
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #1715
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

I rode the weeStrom down early (brrr), was back home by 1. Pretty big event, lots of neat sights, sounds and smells. Sorry I missed seeing you guys.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #1716
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Since it's a rainy day - here are a few more pics from the race:

Old 04-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #1717
Motocox
We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer: 853
vchss

Yesterday was a great race day. Perfect weather and the track was really nice. Varied terrain with a little bit of everything. I ran in the afternoon race, number 731 on the blue Husaberg. The top 6 six guys in my class all finished within about a minute and a half of each other, so that makes for some good racing. When you see guys from your class and are banging bars with them, it makes the time and money investment worth it. I ended up 4th in class and only 9 seconds behind the 3rd place rider. I did get a little tired, as me and the 3rd place rider had spent Friday and Saturday at Hatfield/McCoy riding Buffalo Mtn. My body is pretty spent today. But have to get everything ready for the race this Sunday in Dillwyn.

www.vchss.org
Motocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #1718
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

^^ Cool, excellent results. I grew up on Rt. 731 so maybe I can remember your race # if I get to another event.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #1719
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Motocox - sorry we missed your event for photos but I did see you all take off as we were packing up to leave. Next time I'll look for you! If you travel with the family let me know and I'll hunt for you all :) Be good to see you all again.

Oldnogps - sorry I missed you too! Must have been a cold ride in. There was ice on the jeep when we were packing up! Nice pictures!

Here are a few of more of mine - I took almost 300 so too many to post here - but some of my favorites here:

Starting of course with my trust assistant pointing out the best shots for me.

And a man riding around with a little kid - very sweet - first place finishers of course!

And then random race shots:

And of course my assistant jumping at the opportunity to help take more pictures!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #1720
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Excellent pix tuffstuff!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #1721
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,152
VCHSS Race

Thanks for the pics Tuffstuff. It was a great course. Didn't really fit the big 450 in some sections. Loved the gnarly fire road section. Had a crappy start due to a weak battery. The old 450 doesn't like to start in gear. EarthX should be here in a day or two. Looking forward to the race at Actiontown. Grew-up racing MX there.
Motocox...how about that down hill/up hill with the muddy ravine in the middle? When we went through the first time guys were getting hung up at the bottom. I have a couple of those on my trails here in Madison. When I went through on the second lap guys were trying a steep down hill to left of it. It was more muddy, but not as tight at the bottom and no stuck bikes. If you're close to Madison, you're welcome to come out and ride. I don't have as many rocks and roots here (not yet), but most of the tracks are pretty new.
04 KTM 950ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '13 KTM 300XCW, '08 KTM 450XCR-W (selling), Husky 360WR/CR, Bultaco Frontera 250
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #1722
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
We went out Sat evening for the balance bike races at vchss event. So nice how family friendly the whole scene seemed to be. My son was youngest boy out there being 2.5 and had a blast and completed a full 7 minute event of riding laps his first time out in an organized event. I must say was pretty exciting for me to see him go round and round with a big smile on his face. They took a while to get started and we could hardly keep him contained at the starting line. Would be nice to have a real mini BMX type of course locally for the tykes. When I put him to bed he whispered to me "daddy I'm a racer" totally unprompted and he loves his first trophy. Pretty sure we'll wanna come out for more events, maybe daddy should race to in the slow 80-200cc 40+C class. Anyone know of anywhere else in VA they do these strider races on a more dedicated flowing course? So happy to see him enjoying the thrills of being on 2 wheels.

FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #1723
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

So adorable! I didn't know they did this!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #1724
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,161
Motocox - What model Husaberg are you riding? I didn't know there was another one around. Mine's a 2010 FX450.

Hey other race-goers - How about posting up future local events here so the rest of us know about it ahead of time?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #1725
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
So adorable! I didn't know they did this!
Gotta get them hooked on the joys of 2 wheels early!
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote