ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #661
FATNBLD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Charlottesville TAG is on!

Hey folks,

For those that don't always want to riude over the mountain in search of a rubber childs toy under a rock next to a tree, you don't have to. You can do it on the Charlottesville side of the mountain.

In fact there's a small purple monkey next to a fence post in Orange County just waiting to be taken on a trip somewhere else in the Charlottesville area. Here's the TAG thread, and yes, as nOOby, I'm struggling to get the hang of posting pics and such on this site, but, after a lot of effort the pics and first clue are up.

Check it out here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...9#post17137359

Here's a pic of the Monkey (TAG)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
FATNBLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #662
hppyfngy
not dead yet

Oddometer: 4,036
Who's the best upholsterer in Charlottesville or pretty near by?

That Gassman place in Waynesboro? Or is it the guy beside him...

I have to do something about my Nissan Frontier's seats. I love the truck but the seats suck.

Hoping to find somebody who can rework them, add lumbar, or something...

'13 KLR650 ~ For Sale!
hppyfngy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #663
cameron110
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Anyone wanna go ride anytime in the next three days? I'm off and would be up for a ride any time.

The big bike is down so I am more aiming for a local-ish back road/DS ride on the DRZ.

I'll also be working on the big bike if anyone wants to swing out, have a beer or help to point out what I am doing wrong
(we all need backseat mechanics in the peanut gallery )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
Who's the best upholsterer in Charlottesville or pretty near by?
If you hear anything let me know my truck could use some love too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATNBLD View Post
For those that don't always want to riude over the mountain in search of a rubber childs toy under a rock next to a tree, you don't have to. You can do it on the Charlottesville side of the mountain.
I spent about 5 min looking for that s..t (the sum total of my attention span for googling) trying to figure out the tag and decided to be a quitter and that I would rather just go ride . That being said if anyone has figured it out and wants company going to get the tag I am always up for a ride.

Also at the moment the Valley tag is on this side of the hill and ~ 60mi from C-ville to the southwest, it has been stuck since I helped MTNFLOW stash it a few weeks ago and FWIW it is in a pretty cool little spot. The connector road to the BRP is fun.
cameron110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #664
FATNBLD
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron110 View Post
I spent about 5 min looking for that s..t (the sum total of my attention span for googling) trying to figure out the tag and decided to be a quitter and that I would rather just go ride . That being said if anyone has figured it out and wants company going to get the tag I am always up for a ride.

Also at the moment the Valley tag is on this side of the hill and ~ 60mi from C-ville to the southwest, it has been stuck since I helped MTNFLOW stash it a few weeks ago and FWIW it is in a pretty cool little spot. The connector road to the BRP is fun.
I know where that Valley tag is, if I only had the time get down there this week. I'm on the wrong side of Charlottesville. If it's still there Friday, I just might.

And yeah, that connector road is fun in any vehicle, I have yet to ride it on my KLR, would be a lot of fun.

"You've got to put your shoulder up against the stone, it don't matter if you ever get it rolling." Band of Heathens - Shine a Light.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #665
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Oddometer: 482
Hey Charlottesville Riders. This weekend I have a few friends from PA coming to our neck of the woods to ride. I'd love some good recommendations on dual sport riding leaving from Earlysville. Also, if any of you want to join, let me know and I'll setup a meeting point and time. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates!
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:44 AM   #666
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,126
I'd love to go, but still waiting for this thumb lac. to heal. Set your first way point for Ruth, then your second for Rapidan Camp. Upon reaching Rapidan Camp. Set you next one to Criglersville. That would make a nice ride across Blakey Ridge Fire Road.
04 KTM 950 ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '08 KTM 450 XCR-W, Husky 360 WR/CR, Bultaco Frontera 250
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #667
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuckaroo68 View Post
I'd love to go, but still waiting for this thumb lac. to heal. Set your first way point for Ruth, then your second for Rapidan Camp. Upon reaching Rapidan Camp. Set you next one to Criglersville. That would make a nice ride across Blakey Ridge Fire Road.
Sorry you can't join us! Hope that thumb heals soon!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #668
grimmboy
Chris Grimm

Oddometer: 867
If it's Saturday SST and I would like to join you guys. He's in E'ville I'm on the other siide of the airport just name the place to meet.

Ruth Mtn fire road would be great.

Everyone enjoy the evening, Grimmy
grimmboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #669
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmboy View Post
If it's Saturday SST and I would like to join you guys. He's in E'ville I'm on the other siide of the airport just name the place to meet.

Yes it will be Saturday so that's perfect!!

I'll talk to the guys and post a time and place to meet. I'm thinking a good starting point will be the Eville Grill parking lot around 10am? I'll confirm that for you. We aren't on a schedule so feel free to let me know if you need to head out earlier or later.

:)
Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #670
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,126
You folks let me know how the mud holes are through there. I was going to try it, but riding alone and not knowing the depth of the first one....I decided to turn around. That was when I was riding the big GS. There's a great road/trail that goes past Graves Mill. If you follow it all the way to the yellow pole at the end, it's a nice ride. When I shut-off the bike you could hear the Harleys above you on the drive.

Got the stiches out Monday Hopefully, be riding next week.
04 KTM 950 ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '08 KTM 450 XCR-W, Husky 360 WR/CR, Bultaco Frontera 250
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #671
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmboy View Post

Gotta work on Saturday!

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #672
FATNBLD
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff View Post
Yes it will be Saturday so that's perfect!!

I'm thinking a good starting point will be the Eville Grill parking lot around 10am?
:)
I very well may join you guys. Have yet to actually meet anybody else from this forum, or go riding with another person. Looking forward to it!

"You've got to put your shoulder up against the stone, it don't matter if you ever get it rolling." Band of Heathens - Shine a Light.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #673
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuckaroo68 View Post
You folks let me know how the mud holes are through there. I was going to try it, but riding alone and not knowing the depth of the first one....I decided to turn around. That was when I was riding the big GS. There's a great road/trail that goes past Graves Mill. If you follow it all the way to the yellow pole at the end, it's a nice ride. When I shut-off the bike you could hear the Harleys above you on the drive.

Got the stiches out Monday Hopefully, be riding next week.
Glad you'll be riding again! Sorry you can't make it this weekend :( Soon though!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #674
tuffstuff
Livin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATNBLD View Post
I very well may join you guys. Have yet to actually meet anybody else from this forum, or go riding with another person. Looking forward to it!
You should definitely join us :)
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #675
grimmboy
Chris Grimm

Oddometer: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack90210 View Post
Gotta work on Saturday!
What's it been John like five or six years since we rode together ?
grimmboy is online now   Reply With Quote