ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #391
crash279
DFW Supermoto Crew
 
crash279's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Supermoto Central (DFW Texas)
Oddometer: 39




Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
crash279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #392
fedswith
fedswith
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Perth Western Australia
Oddometer: 45
Wink

New to me 2007 WR450F. Got the bike end of 2012, xmas just gone was the first time using the bike. Came with 2750km from dealer at a good price and it was just serviced, did few km's while on holidays and when got home dropped radiator fluid, oil, checked valves (right on the money) also fitted some foam grips, new spark plug,,

I have bar risers on there way along with bigger fuel tank...still got to grease some bearings, header and swing arm etc.. oh yeah forgot I also put new fork seals in cleaned everything really well, rides very nice..
After doing lots of slower stuff with my wife on her xt250(just lowered and serviced that too) I also put heat wrap on the header pipe to get the heat away from my leg, took it for a ride on the weekend and seems to of helped!!
Can't wait to go off road again




fedswith screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 06:37 AM
fedswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #393
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer
 
T-cosmic's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Split,Croatia
Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedswith View Post
New to me 2007 WR450F. Got the bike end of 2012, xmas just gone was the first time using the bike. Came with 2750km from dealer at a good price and it was just serviced, did few km's while on holidays and when got home dropped radiator fluid, oil, checked valves (right on the money) also fitted some foam grips, new spark plug,,

I have bar risers on there way along with bigger fuel tank...still got to grease some bearings, header and swing arm etc.. oh yeah forgot I also put new fork seals in cleaned everything really well, rides very nice..
After doing lots of slower stuff with my wife on her xt250(just lowered and serviced that too) I also put heat wrap on the header pipe to get the heat away from my leg, took it for a ride on the weekend and seems to of helped!!
Can't wait to go off road again


Congrats on your new ride. Looks mint.


__________________
Share the best off road tracks you have ever ridden on www.adv-tracks.com
T-cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #394
SMIFFXC
Adventurer
 
SMIFFXC's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Oddometer: 68
Safari tank pic

Any chance someone has a pic of a 2012 with a BLUE 4gal Safari tank? I've seen the natural one and although you can see how much fuel is left I just can't warm up to the look. I'm also curious how wide they make the bike feel. Thanks.
Cliff
SMIFFXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #395
motoxer667
Gnarly Adventurer
 
motoxer667's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Lebanon, Ohio
Oddometer: 473


new bike
__________________
Which way did they go? They are suppose to be following me, I am their leader.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720349
motoxer667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #396
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough
 
ThereisnoSpoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Petersburgh NY
Oddometer: 1,723
I love the WR450's!

Had this one for the past 6 years



I liked it so much I got a new one and parked it in my living room for the past 2 weeks.



Show me a wife who like's a motorcycle in the living room and I'll tell you it's not mine. Just take the handlebars off and say, well it can't be moved now. Problem solved.

After two weeks I put them back on and took it out for a ride. I have the 07 for a back to back comparison.



The new one feels very similar, just better. It's an awesome machine.

__________________
German Wall of Death Certified

ThereisnoSpoon screwed with this post 10-12-2013 at 08:22 PM
ThereisnoSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #397
ThereisnoSpoon
High Enough
 
ThereisnoSpoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Petersburgh NY
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BygDaddee View Post
Would you mind writing a bit about what you notice the difference is

Also can you tell me the oil change qty with and without an oil filter change for the 13. I've been trying to download an owners manual for a 12 or 13 but can't find one
Just from the short rides I've done the main difference seems to be the suspension and handling. This one soaks up all the small stuff much better. Where the 07 would bounce off roots and rocks the 13 just floats over them. It also doesn't get deflected off line like the 07 did. It goes straighter and is more compliant at the same time. The seat is a little softer and it feels easier to mover around on the bike.

The power also feels right on, it runs really crisp. I dialed in the carb on the old one and have it running really good, but this one feels a little better.

The oil capacity is the same as the 07, 1 qt without a filter and 1.06 with. I see you guys get a street legal version right off the floor in Aus. I don't know why they won't bring those over here. You probably don't get the choked off version either. I needed to buy a new ECU so it would run right. I didn't play with the ECU tuner yet, once it's broken in I'll try some different settings.

It's definitely a step up, maybe 2 or 3.
__________________
German Wall of Death Certified
ThereisnoSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #398
crash279
DFW Supermoto Crew
 
crash279's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Supermoto Central (DFW Texas)
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereisnoSpoon View Post
Just from the short rides I've done the main difference seems to be the suspension and handling. This one soaks up all the small stuff much better. Where the 07 would bounce off roots and rocks the 13 just floats over them. It also doesn't get deflected off line like the 07 did. It goes straighter and is more compliant at the same time. The seat is a little softer and it feels easier to mover around on the bike.

The power also feels right on, it runs really crisp. I dialed in the carb on the old one and have it running really good, but this one feels a little better.

The oil capacity is the same as the 07, 1 qt without a filter and 1.06 with. I see you guys get a street legal version right off the floor in Aus. I don't know why they won't bring those over here. You probably don't get the choked off version either. I needed to buy a new ECU so it would run right. I didn't play with the ECU tuner yet, once it's broken in I'll try some different settings.

It's definitely a step up, maybe 2 or 3.
We get the same WR here, just some assembly required. The harness is all there...just needs a headlight switch and a brake switch/trx master cylinder.



Both of these are street legal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
crash279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #399
doug913
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Oddometer: 4
I so want to plate my '12 wr450. Frick'n CA!

I'm about to buy a 12x12 plot of land someplace to say I live there. That or pay the $500 and take my chances on getting a plate in ca.

You guys are so lucky (g)
doug913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #400
crash279
DFW Supermoto Crew
 
crash279's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Supermoto Central (DFW Texas)
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug913 View Post
I so want to plate my '12 wr450. Frick'n CA!

I'm about to buy a 12x12 plot of land someplace to say I live there. That or pay the $500 and take my chances on getting a plate in ca.

You guys are so lucky (g)
Problem solved:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=144432

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
crash279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #401
BygDaddee
Where do I get a pie
 
BygDaddee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane Northside, OZ
Oddometer: 1,148

__________________
Relax and enjoy the journey, not just the destination.
2013 WR450F(The best bike KTM never built) and KLE500(don't knock it till you try it)

Pauls Spot Tracker http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...mgxmQRRUCqrKiY
BygDaddee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #402
revelstokerider
n00b
 
revelstokerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Revelstoke B.C.Canada
Oddometer: 5
Wr Snowbike

http://http://
revelstokerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #403
Marco Moto
Voyager
 
Marco Moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: surrounded by the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 1,134
^^^Neat! ^^^

...any videos of that setup?
__________________
-Marco Moto
Marco Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #404
revelstokerider
n00b
 
revelstokerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Revelstoke B.C.Canada
Oddometer: 5
Gonna try & get some vids this weekend, stay tuned!
revelstokerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014