Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #61
Gravel Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Hey guys, Nice bikes!! I keep saying I'm going to get rid of mine, but every time I ride it I just like it too much.

Here She is brand new, well just after she went back to the dealer to have the woodrif (sp?) key fixed after it sheared off on the first start once I got it home. Of course it was Friday morning and we were getting ready to leave to go riding for the weekend.
Photobucket

Shortly after that I had to make her Road Legal to race in Enduros but also didn't want to get hassled by the LEO's riding it on the street, so I added a Dakar kit with the Acerbis hand guard signal and UFO tail light, signal, plate holder.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The hand guards were all plastic and resulted in one of these almost every time I crashed
Photobucket

So I ended up adding ASV levers and hand guards with the aluminum bar running through them. Some where along the line this got added

Photobucket

And here is the control for the computer and a shot of the levers. Eventually the UFO tail light got smashed and I switched it and the headlight out for lighter less legal versions.
Photobucket
That headlight assembly sucked, (mr-16 household lights) and now I'm back to either the stock one, or the one that came with the Dakar kit.

Most of my riding buddies have switched to Orange
Photobucket

But my WR has won me more of these than them
Hardware From the Beagle Bash

I love the WR, it is a great trail and very capable enduro race bike. Somewhere along the line it got a Rekluse clutch that works great
Photobucket

Photobucket

Now it looks something like this
Photobucket

I really like the new Husaberg Fe450, Much lighter than my WR. I think in the next year or 2 one may come home and then I will make the WR a more Dual Sport dual sport bike. I'm thinking of adding the 08 head and tail lights and maybe even some signals and a bigger tank. Only time will tell, but she has been great bike.
Gravel Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #62
stevh0 OP
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,355
Nice to see how this thread is evolving.

I too would like to fit the 08 headlight on my bike. But in the end it would still look like a WR.. nothing different.. Id really like one of those big roundheadlight jobbies up front.. i think They called Baja lights?

I dont race enduro's, Im far too noob to go stupidly fast in the dirt.. however im getting better every time i ride...

Id love a 6 gal tank on my bike. with my gearing sorted out, the bike will take me places where few heavier bikes will ever go.

If things dont go as i plan... I could always turn it into a super motard and give some guys on the tar a hiding.

My ultimate bike would be a KTM 950 Super Enduro
Ex 950ADV
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #63
Gravel Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
it's a Great thread thanks for starting it!! I thought about 950 but thats one big trail bike. I would have considered it but the landscape around here is more trees and rocks, not the type of place to stretch the legs of a 950.

Now on the street is a different story!! I ride one of these!!
Photobucket

I figure any where my wife can get an XT250 I can ride my 990, makes it a challenge to ride with her!!

Photobucket
Gravel Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #64
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,019
Man, I miss my WR, but I couldn't get it plated...

BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #65
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub
Man, I miss my WR, but I couldn't get it plated...
Why not?
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #66
stevh0 OP
Super Retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Traveler
it's a Great thread thanks for starting it!! I thought about 950 but thats one big trail bike. I would have considered it but the landscape around here is more trees and rocks, not the type of place to stretch the legs of a 950.

Now on the street is a different story!! I ride one of these!!

I figure any where my wife can get an XT250 I can ride my 990, makes it a challenge to ride with her!!

Here in South Africa, the places we go with those 95/90 adventures are instane! they are heavy, but the power makes up for it!
Ex 950ADV
Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #67
enzo087
Honda CB 350

Oddometer: 31
Dakar version

Hello,

I found a WR 450 " Dakar " in the Netherlands... (Not mine !)

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?...tml%3Fxref%3D1
enzo087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #68
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo087
Hello,

I found a WR 450 " Dakar " in the Netherlands... (Not mine !)

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?...tml%3Fxref%3D1
That's one cumfy looking seat. Where do I get one? And what's in the tank on the skid plate?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #69
stevh0 OP
Super Retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo83
That's one cumfy looking seat. Where do I get one? And what's in the tank on the skid plate?
I would asume that its an oil expansion tank (oil cooler thinga magig)

That seat does look comfy!!
Ex 950ADV
Old 12-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #70
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,727

does anyone have a picture of how this type of gas tank fits on the bike. im looking for one of these to fit on my XRR and no one makes one for it. also after i find a way to fit the tank i would like to add the fairing.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #71
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Why not?
California...
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #72
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,322
the "tank" on the bash plate is part of a mandatory requirement for the riders to carry "X" number of liters of water. most guys stash the water down low in the bash plate, all the KTM guys do (as do almost everyone else). the other side can be used for tools or more water. the oil cooler is usually mounted on the lower triple clamp.

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #73
lvdukerider
Las Vegas Nevada

Oddometer: 523
That WR looks so frigging cool, dosent any company either import or manufacture fairing, tank, seat, combos like that? Or is it all strictly custom fab one off stuff? I would think the factories could sell a few more bikes by offering those items as an accessory kit even if they charged a preimum (which im sure they would) would save them the trouble of manufactureing a whole new model.
lvdukerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #74
enzo087
Honda CB 350

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
You could drop an email to the owner... there is an website adress on the side of the tank on the photo : www.hollandmotoren.nl
enzo087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #75
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo087
You could drop an email to the owner... there is an website adress on the side of the tank on the photo : www.hollandmotoren.nl
Good call, Enzo. That link didn't take me anywhere, but http://www.hoflandmotoren.nl did. The Dakar 2008 section seems to be the right place to go. Unfortunantly the "equipment" section is blank, but the sponsors section has a link for The Rally Bike Center which sells the JVL seat for 225 euros ($313 USD). That's not too bad of a price, but I'll probably let my ass keep hurting another couple seasons before I feel the need to invest in one.