in time

Oddometer: 823
cross post....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614351
Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #92
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Let's revive the South MS riders thread.....

I'm trying to put miles on my new bike to get to the first break-in service. This Saturday I'm going to be leaving Ocean Springs, MS and making a big sweep up towards wiggins back over to benndale and maybe to Wade and then Vancleave. Haven't worked out the final details. If someone wants to ride with me, let me know. I'm hoping to ride some dirt, but don't know how much of it. It all depends on if the roads dry out enough because I don't have knobbies and I'm not quite ready to drop my bike. I'm looking to do minimum of 150 miles.
Grits&Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #93
Jay Robson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
New here and located in Mobile. I'd love to catch up with you guys on the next ride.
Jay Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #94
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Robson View Post
New here and located in Mobile. I'd love to catch up with you guys on the next ride.
You're not able to go this weekend?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #95
geauXplor
gō-ikˈsplôr

Oddometer: 288
I live in Ocean Springs myself and pretty much rode this route last weekend; always a fun ride. Unfortunately, my kids all have games this weekend, so I won't be doing too much riding... at least on Saturday. BTW, awesome looking bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneggz View Post
Let's revive the South MS riders thread.....

I'm trying to put miles on my new bike to get to the first break-in service. This Saturday I'm going to be leaving Ocean Springs, MS and making a big sweep up towards wiggins back over to benndale and maybe to Wade and then Vancleave. Haven't worked out the final details. If someone wants to ride with me, let me know. I'm hoping to ride some dirt, but don't know how much of it. It all depends on if the roads dry out enough because I don't have knobbies and I'm not quite ready to drop my bike. I'm looking to do minimum of 150 miles.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
geauXplor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #96
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laharjag View Post
I live in Ocean Springs myself and pretty much rode this route last weekend; always a fun ride. Unfortunately, my kids all have games this weekend, so I won't be doing too much riding... at least on Saturday. BTW, awesome looking bike.
Get with me in the future and we can ride. Thanks for the compliments on the bike. Last night I got my GPS wired up and tonight the crash bars came in so I installed them.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #97
redneck23ms
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
i recently picked up a drz400 from davidq on here. i'm also in the ocean springs area. not able to go this weekend but will be ready to ride before too much longer.
redneck23ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 AM   #98
nanohiccup OP
in time

Oddometer: 823
Have fun on yer new bike! Unfortunately I have obligations Saturday as well.......but I'll probably be out Sunday. Been learning northeastern area of Desoto the past few Sundays. Kinda near Leaf and New Augusta. Fs314 and Fs317 are a couple of good ones. Sign says bridge out but its not. Most of the roads that have a letter attached (ex. Fs 317A) are dead ends.
nanohiccup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #99
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanohiccup View Post
Have fun on yer new bike! Unfortunately I have obligations Saturday as well.......but I'll probably be out Sunday. Been learning northeastern area of Desoto the past few Sundays. Kinda near Leaf and New Augusta. Fs314 and Fs317 are a couple of good ones. Sign says bridge out but its not. Most of the roads that have a letter attached (ex. Fs 317A) are dead ends.
I'm going Sunday too
Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #100
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner

Oddometer: 378
I live and ride around the Desoto area if anyone's interested.
XR80r
2008 XCRW450
antpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #101
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

A new seat is in order. My @$$ is hurting. Between riding to work this morning and the ride this afternoon I totaled about 250 miles today and WHOOF, my butt is numb......

We had a good ride today. Glad you were able to ride with us Laharjag. It was nice meeting you and maybe we can do it again in the near future.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #102
geauXplor
gō-ikˈsplôr

Thanks for letting me tag along with you and Frank. I had a great time. I look forward to riding with y'all again. Take care and ride safe.

Quote:
A new seat is in order. My @$$ is hurting. Between riding to work this morning and the ride this afternoon I totaled about 250 miles today and WHOOF, my butt is numb......

We had a good ride today. Glad you were able to ride with us Laharjag. It was nice meeting you and maybe we can do it again in the near future.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
Old 03-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #103
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, I'm ready for my break-in service. Saturday morning the odometer had 336 miles on it. When I got home this afternoon, Sunday evening, I had 791 miles. I also filled out the request form for a new Renazco Seat too. Hopefully I will hear good news from them this week. It was great riding both days and I look fwd to doing it again.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #104
geauXplor
gō-ikˈsplôr

Quote:
Well, I'm ready for my break-in service. Saturday morning the odometer had 336 miles on it. When I got home this afternoon, Sunday evening, I had 791 miles. I also filled out the request form for a new Renazco Seat too. Hopefully I will hear good news from them this week. It was great riding both days and I look fwd to doing it again.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #105
Jay Robson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Man, I'm really bummin now. I really want to ride Desoto. Maybe next trip. Glad Y'all had a safe ride.
Jay Robson is offline   Reply With Quote