Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 AM   #841
Bengaz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong
Happy new year all
I am trying to get one of these manufactured as the person(s) are not contactable who made this one.

I have been in contact with a company in the UK that said they can make them with some help. The biggest step is getting a mold made up of what I want, (something very close to this). I am investigating if I can make the mold myself then send it to them for manufacturing only. But if that is not possible then they will make the mold. For them to do this I need a UK volunteer that would be willing to take their MM to the company for measuring/mold making. I'll confirm what is involved first of course .
The company is based in Stokesly, Cleveland. Is that near anybody?

The next thing to ask of course is....
who would be interested in having one of these? the more people the cheaper it gets and if I can make my own mold it should be cheaper still. In any case I am hoping to keep the price to around 200 pounds but certainly under 300 but that is all guess work at this stage.

any interest?
cheers
I live near there but on another note I work for (subcontract) for a VERY large plastic manufacturing company who do vaccuum forming and CNC machining. They could make that easily. I have a screen on too which would make a good template but I didnt want it damaged? I will help if I can just let me know?

BTW, was it me that bought the bike you were after from Lind Motorrad?
Bengaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:06 AM   #842
Bengaz
Adventurer

Ive sent an email to my mate there for their initial reaction in case your interested.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:11 AM   #843
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
I could be tempted :-) I have the Wunderlich screen and it's incredibly noisy for me. I prefer my MM with no screen, but on a very cold, wet and long trip it does it's job. I guess this one is lower?
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #844
Maineroads
Ridgerunner

Oddometer: 831
Looks cool. Not sure of the benefit?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #845
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,728
Screen

I have the Wunderlich screen, much better for me than no screen at all... Anyway, that tricked out screen looks pretty similar to the Wunderlich. All you need to do is take the Wunderlich screen to a vinyl graphics business and show them what you want. They can apply vinyl graphics of ANY design to ANY surface...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rubQ-9937lM
hankgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #846
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankgs
I have the Wunderlich screen, much better for me than no screen at all... Anyway, that tricked out screen looks pretty similar to the Wunderlich. All you need to do is take the Wunderlich screen to a vinyl graphics business and show them what you want. They can apply vinyl graphics of ANY design to ANY surface...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rubQ-9937lM
Its not the colour or design art work I want to emulate its the size of the screen. the Wunder screen is just too big and ugly IMHO for my needs. I would rather a clear screen as per the Pikes peak bikes but was told the process for this is very expensive which is why I have gone down the carbon route. If it was to be painted I would make it in a cheaper material TBO.

bingbong screwed with this post 01-07-2010 at 01:23 PM
bingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #847
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengaz
Ive sent an email to my mate there for their initial reaction in case your interested.
Thanks very much Bengaz, seems like you will know alot more about this than me. I look forward to knowing more, I have wanted the screen before I even bought the bike.
Yes you would have bought the bike I wanted or my buddy Bruno's can't remember now. but I was getting a little twitchy at the time
Old 01-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #848
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineroads
Looks cool. Not sure of the benefit?
I just want to loose a little bit of wind pressure when on the main highway without loosing the looks of the bike, I think this small screen improves the looks no end. Just my view
Old 01-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #849
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie
I could be tempted :-) I have the Wunderlich screen and it's incredibly noisy for me. I prefer my MM with no screen, but on a very cold, wet and long trip it does it's job. I guess this one is lower?

Exactly my point, I have tried big screens (not on the MM) and have tinitus to prove the effects. naked bikes are much better for noise, trying to find a good looking compromise.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #850
Maineroads
Ridgerunner

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong
I just want to loose a little bit of wind pressure when on the main highway without loosing the looks of the bike, I think this small screen improves the looks no end. Just my view
I like the looks. Just afraid it would cause dirty air at speed. The problem I have with windscreens is the cost of finding the right one. You don't know until you buy/try.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #851
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

very true, not many major manufacturers do proper testing let alone after market providers. Being fairly small I'm hoping for a reasonable out come.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #852
HPSaucy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I'd be into it if it was a dark plastic like the Wunderlich screen. My biggest issue with that screen is the wind hits the helmet dead on, thus makes it a bit noisy and turbulent. I think the airflow was much better under 60 without the screen, but despite the noise it makes going over 60 much easier, so maybe something in between could be good?
www.HP2.info
HPSaucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #853
Bengaz
Adventurer

You cant have everything!!!

Unfortunately, riding without the screen was fantastic on the head but a killer on the chest, The wunderlich screen was just right for me, hardly any buffeting on the helmet but brilliant chest protection.

I too have damaged ears off my GS ADV screen. They are the worst thing ever for buffeting.

I thing the screen the bingbong wants looks just right for a smaller rider. (well not as tall as me anyway)
Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #854
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
I like it in white with the graphics. I have the isotta/wunderlich screen and i think the white one is better looking.
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #855
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandsand
Joe, do you have green or cinnamon?

The autotune is a very interesting tool. However, it can only make maximum adjustments for air/fuel ratios of 20% at a time. So if you are below 11.5:1 or above 16:1 at any given point in the tables, you must manually plug the PCV into a computer and accept the trim/fuel tables before the autotune can make further adjustments. Another point to consider is that sometimes 13.2:1 makes the best hp/torque and sometimes 13.9:1 makes the best hp/torque. You can't determine the absolute ideal parameters without a dyno.

I thought long and hard about where I might find a perfect hill of 7% grade that's straight for miles so that I could replicate runs that can be done on a dyno at all the different throttle openings from idle to redline. I settled on the dyno. That being said, dyno time is expensive and if I were not 15 minutes away from a good shop with the newest dynojet dyno and a good tech, I would have probably purchased the autotune myself. (that does not take into consideration that I've known the owner of the shop for 20 years and I got an incredible deal for the tuning) I'm assuming that you're in Norway rather than motorhead southern California, so dyno time could be far and expensive. To come to think of it, everything is expensive there!! :)

If you're going to leave the bike stock or use the Aros as I did, I probably wouldn't bother with the autotune as maps are already available for those configurations. Those base maps would however provide a good starting point to use the autotune with other exhausts.
I have the Akra full Ti exhaust and KandN filter. Could I use the PCV 5 with the map for the aros header? This would be better than running stock ECU right? Assuming no access to a dyno, is the autotune a waste? Thanks for any input.
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote