Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #122
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 7,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
Oh yeah, we've got quite the little email chatter group going on with him. He's somewhere in Mexico - his map shows his latest is down near Loreto. Probably hooking up with some beautiful Mexican woman, trying to learn the language...!

Reminds me of the lyric, "I don`t know what she said, but I sure like the way that she said it".

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #123
squonker OP
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,959
Here are some more D2D pics...
Some nice bikes in town

Downtown Hotel was the centre point of the event

Can you see Hecktoglider in this pic? Alright then, what about Spicy McHaggis? (Hint - niether can I!)

That's Friar Mike in the pants, and I believe that's AKDuc standing by the door in the red T-shirt.

Red V-Strom with knobblies looked magnificent. Really smart looking bike.

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here

Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #124
Leecifer
Just like to ride

Oddometer: 91
Thanks squonker, your rr has been a great way to waste most of a day at work! Sure makes a guy want to head north.

Bringin' up the rear in Death Valley
Leecifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #125
Pelayo
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker
Thanks Pelayo - your comment is all the more appreciated because it was your first ever post on the forum. You certainly chose a very good thread to start out on ! Thanks for posting, welcome to the forum!
No thank you for that. not know if there is a place for the presentations in this forum, sorry but my level of English is a bit low. some time that you read a lot of you because from now on you will see me write more often around here, a hug.
Pelayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #126
squonker OP
Eat my shorts

and more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leecifer
Thanks squonker, your rr has been a great way to waste most of a day at work! Sure makes a guy want to head north.
No problemo dude - the pleasure was all mine, believe me! And if you want any tips on wasting time at work, I have dozens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelayo
No thank you for that. not know if there is a place for the presentations in this forum, sorry but my level of English is a bit low. some time that you read a lot of you because from now on you will see me write more often around here, a hug.
It's all good, my friend - I look forward to seeing you around more - especially if you keep saying nice things about me!
And by the way, your English is a hell of a lot better than my Spanish!

Yet more D2D pics...

Look at the demonic expression on this guy's face - it's great! We had already noticed him standing across the street 'cos he had a t-shirt that read, "Chicks want me".

I believe that the fella on the ladder with the white top on is Legion, one of the organizers of the event.

Don't know whether this young lady made it into Spicy's 'Girls of Dawson' thread, but she certainly deserves to.

Argh, my eyes! MY EYES!

Mike, put some (other) pants on, would ya?!

Sgt. Marty and Motomac at KLR Corner

Yeah, we're all getting pretty drunk by this stage....

...but we all obviously had enjoyed eachother's company enough and were sad enough that that the fun was coming to an end that we thought a group shot was appropriate towards the end of the night. Good friends....

And here's Motomac displaying the true ADV rider spirit and giving the term 'Motorcycle Friendly' a whole new meaning....!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #127
Spicy McHaggis
Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer: 3,789
Thumb

I just gotta add these few pics in...

And what I think might be the greatest photo ever taken at 3am (or whenever the hell it was) in the morning...

Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #128
the Chanteuse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12

Seems to me, this was when I was the only one polite enough to let out a huge burp!! It was a gooder too!

the whole weekend with you guys was such a blast!
the Chanteuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #129
Spicy McHaggis
Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Chanteuse

Seems to me, this was when I was the only one polite enough to let out a huge burp!! It was a gooder too!

the whole weekend with you guys was such a blast!
Yup, that was just moments after one of the loudest belches in Yukon history came outta that beautiful woman!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #130
squonker OP
Eat my shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
Yup, that was just moments after one of the loudest belches in Yukon history came outta that beautiful woman!!!
I'm still a little turned on every time I think about it!!And Andy, I love that shot of all of us on the ladder - thanks for posting that one.

One of the highlights of the evening for me was this:

A bunch of us were standing along the sidewalk watching the biker games when I looked over and saw Sgt. Marty directing traffic. This was particularly funny for a couple of reasons - firstly Marty had only just retired from a being a traffic cop for the past 20+ years and just couldn't help himself from doing so here, and secondly his body language. I guess The Chanteuse said it best in her blog - you really had to be there - but this was one of the funniest things I saw all night. The street was closed off for the bikes, and in his defense Marty said that as one bike had finished its event he saw it almost get smoked by a tour bus as it rejoined traffic so he simply decided to help out. Look, here he is giving someone a ticket!!

As soon as I'd seen what was going on I told the rest of the gang and we all fell about laughing...but then Marty busted me taking pics of him and gave me a special message. Thanks for holding this pose while I zoomed in, Marty!

And lastly for tonight a couple of random shots I left out earlier. Here's Sander on the Dome Rd.

And Mr. McHaggis himself...proud member of the Fuckengruvers.

squonker screwed with this post 10-23-2008 at 07:07 PM
Old 10-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #131
motomac
Mac

Oddometer: 463
Ben, please e-mail me a copy of that ADV Rider Salute picture. Thank you sir, and a heckuva fine job you're doing with RR. It's almost like it were yesterday.
'13 Gold Wing 19,670 miles
motomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #132
squonker OP
Eat my shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac
Ben, please e-mail me a copy of that ADV Rider Salute picture. Thank you sir, and a heckuva fine job you're doing with RR. It's almost like it were yesterday.
Done.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #133
the Chanteuse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I had totally forgotten about Sgt Marty directing traffic! that was piss yourself funny! I actually think it was the old farts that were getting off the tour bus and wandering around stunned, that almost got hit by the bikers coming thru the gate thingys.

And Spicey, thanks for saying I am beautiful because sometimes at home, after I have let out equally as large, if not larger rippers, Homeontherange doesnt think I am that beautiful!! hahaha
the Chanteuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #134
squonker OP
Eat my shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Chanteuse
I had totally forgotten about Sgt Marty directing traffic! that was piss yourself funny! I actually think it was the old farts that were getting off the tour bus and wandering around stunned, that almost got hit by the bikers coming thru the gate thingys.

And Spicey, thanks for saying I am beautiful because sometimes at home, after I have let out equally as large, if not larger rippers, Homeontherange doesnt think I am that beautiful!! hahaha
Chanteuse, Spicy and I think you'd be beautiful even if you didn't belch like a D9 without a muffler.... Whatever is Homeonthe range thinking? Most guys'd kill for a gf that wasn't afraid to belch, 'cos then she couldn't give us grief for doing so!

Good old Marty, eh! I still have the pics of him doing the sour toe cocktail to post, but he also gave me his camera to take some shots with and I remember falling over on my seat laughing after one - only he's the one with the incriminating shot and I can't remember what he did to make me laugh so much!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #135
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,005
Now, where's that Hecktoglider...figgered he would be in those pictures somewhere....

He usually is.