ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
AngryScot OP

Oddometer: 18,307
Wicked Redwood Rendezvous II - Pic thread!

Post them if ya got them.....I think I took a few?

Fantastic time of course....Just got home.

Big thanks to Tiny, Josh and crew for a wonderful few days!
Hope everyone got a sticker or three.......my wee gift-tee-pooo to you FF's

AngryScot screwed with this post 09-28-2008 at 04:39 PM
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer: 23,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
Fantastic time of course....

Big thanks to Tiny, Josh and crew for a wonderful few days!
X a gazillion!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Too much beer?

Oh dear!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

The morning after the night before...

...and the night before... Our gracious hosts. That be Tiny below (he got that name as he is only 5 feet 4 inches tall btw).

and Whammo.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556
Road (house) Report

Super Suz here with a road house report. You'll have to insert your memories or actual pics for me since my camera juice was all dried up and I doi not have any pics except for maybe one or two that I'll tend to later.

I left work at 12 and thought I'd be there early. I was thinking around 2:30 was my bet. But had to go home and get my stuff together. I figured it would not take me long since a lot was packed from last week's little trip. As it turned out, it took me longer than expected (isn't that always the case) and I started to think in my mind... "when am I going to get rolling here. Gotta hurry up or there will be no grass left. Gilla warned us. Finally got out of the house aroun 2:15ish and rode like a bat through late afternoon Friday taffic to ensure my spot on the grass.

You see, I had not been to one of these before and they sure did look like fun according to the pics from previous years. Teeth on the lawn can mean only one thing. A fine time with a good head of grass and someone who partied with a bad set of falsies in their moth. What struck me as possible fun is that the poor bloke lost them. Lost items after a party means only one thing. A good party indeed.

So I rushed up to the back parking lot, very excited and relieved to get there. Of course and like always, there he was. That dude with the suspenders....Hurty! Perched in his BMW owner's club chair and already 3/4 done with his cigar, he had a grin on his face and said it even before I did! "There he is again. You're everywhere". One of my goals that weekend was to finally introduce myself and meet the famous Hurty. (I did just that and he's a really nice guy. His buds were great too).

__insert pic of Hurty here
Make sure he's smokin a road trip cigar, please

Before I go on to the next paragraph, allow me to premise that I was pretty worked up about this party and really exhausted by not getting any sleep (hardly) and having a cold the week before. That's my excuse for the pic to follow:

--- insert pic of Andy making a fool of himself trying to put up my tent here--

Right now, Sr. Peligro is gasping at the screen thinking to himself it was not him who was giving the tent prep instructions and how the hell did he get involved with that in the first place. That tent that I bought off of a dude at the WMRS ride is a real pain to assemble. The seller did not tell me that it would be so difficult to put that friggin tent together- even with two people. I guess I should have asked. And I take the blame for that and bow down graciously for entertaining the Kermit chair ring of riders. If any of the bikes parked near the grass have little scratches on them, please let me know and I'll promptly deny the whole thing. Senior Peligro will too.

What a nice and relaxing Friday night it was. Good beer, good people, got my spot on the grass (way overplayed that anxiety), and good pizza. Andy and Nixels entertained me at our dinner table. Nicky and Andy were so funny that my cheeks hurt from laughter. It is entirely possible that the beer was laughing and not "me", however.

Also on Friday, Tiny showed me a geocache that he knew about and I cheated. I logged my name in the logbook of that cache as if I found it. There are two in the area but I could not find the second. Thanks, Tiny.

At about, oh.., 3 or 4 am, I awoke from my tent slumber. I popped out one earplug just to hear what was going on and had to laugh. There was this rhythm of snores that actually had a pretty good beat and riff going. The base player of the band was Mongox who had set himself up at the other end of the grass and around the thick-barked sound barrier redwoods as further protection for us sleeping partiers.

---insert Mongo's pic with famous grin here----

The morning nosh was very good and the coffee far above Denny's standards. Darth Peach Jams had my bagel jammin quite tastily. Darth is a "Bad Mamma Jamma"!

----insert Darth Peach pic of her holding jam jars here----

After getting pretrip info and gas, we were lead off to a ride that was just great. At the top, we took a group pic in front of what could be called a sign that portrayed one of the more technical challenges of our road. That and the narrow road super twisties that could have had a big mac hauling tons of grapes barreling down at any moment of our ride. We all made it out alive and I commend our grape-growing road captain's speed and agility on his $$HP2 Megamoto$$. The pace was not too fast and not too slow. Just right and plenty of fun.

--insert pic of at the top of Skagg's here---

Lunch. Well lunch was. Well, uh.

ok.

Naw! Lunch was megaliscious! I had a "Tiny" sausage of garlic and "graw-y-air" WITH KRAUT (I capitalized that because I am saluting one of the best things in the whole wide world of food) while being lulled by Billy P."s Southern accent. And the accent was accentuated by our very own Rockin and Rollin KLRocket pasta salad and obviously from scratch brownies. Oh, that was really the bomb, guys. The only thing that I would like to suggest is that the Ranchero band that you guys hired to entertain us didn't really start until many of us left to go back. That's really too bad because I really like that stuff, man. The music reminded of my time in Baja and I thought it was a fine finishing touch for an adv rally lunch. Ah, well.

---insert pic of lunch here----

After a splash in the big pool, it was time to party and to play it up. The hooka came out. The lounge wear came out. The afro came out. The tie came out. The mu mu came out. The hand-decorated and very flashy t-shirts came out. The super star sunglasses came out. And, of course, the tassles came out to play too. Phew! I really thought for a minute that I was gonna have to eat my words and wear pasties! I really did. Thank goodness there were "options". Anyway, everybody and their "schtick" came out and had a good -ol time.

Ted's talk was fantastic. What a great way to express both experiences that Ted had, both as a younger man and "seasoned" geezer (said in the nicest meaning possible, Ted) to explore the differences of both travels. The photographs had much to say about what he saw and what he had to overcome. Funny how some things change and some things stay the same.

---insert pic of Ted and Pete here----

The rib dinner was delicious. Everything was totally worth the wait and there was PLENTY of it with plenty of people eating way, way plenty.

Oh. Make sure you ask Twsty Sister about the autographed copy of her book. It's worth egging her on for it.

In the morning, we had more delicious jam and a big brunch of great brunch delights. We winded down and packed up. I was one of the last to leave because I tried to find that last cache on the corner of the road. The bros were seen sitting. They gazed over our remnants looking beat but content that a good time was (probably) had by all.

Thanks to Tiny and Whammo!

I had a great time on the way home via Occidental and Bohemian Hwy. They have great grub in Occidental but only nibbled since I was already satiated from great food and good libations and really good people.

---insert pic of people adv'rs having a good time here---

SS

PS pardon the spell mistakes.
Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.

Super Suz screwed with this post 09-29-2008 at 07:55 PM
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

...and some other nutjobs...

Mongox. Lock up your daughters!

Hurty. Only a Mother could love that face!

Microwave. Where your crash hat, Mike?

OK give me a clue here, the beer is still gurgling around my noggin...

'Twisted' Sister. I have a very incriminating picture of Lori...

But alas, I promised not to post it So one of you dummies send me your dogdamn email addy so that you can post it!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Ps...

It only gets worse...

Old 09-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #8
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Rio Nido-Fantastico!

Jeff on the right and I were first ones to show up at the Pine Cone-designated meet up spot at Point Reyes Station. Joined shortly by Vincent on left only to find out we been snubbed. Everybody else went to the other cafe around the corner. Rich from SF (no picture-sorry Rich)
Showed up thereafter and we had a bite to eat and took off for Rio Nido. Except, after a few miles I discovered I had dropped my wallet. Back to the Pine Cone in a hurry, heart thumping, head steaming at my stupidity.
Walked into the restaurant and up to our waitress and inquired (still holding breath since five miles back), "did you happen to find a wallet?" She didn't acknowledge anything, only said to some guy in the back, "Hey George, where's that wallet you found?" Yep, item recovered.

Here's Tom (TR1200) on the left (white hat) and Bob (2old2race)on the right (blue hat). I've ridden with them before on some other ADV rides but it was our first to Rio Nido but likely not our last! I think Bob might get the award for longest ride up to the event-all the way from Apple Valley in SoCal. Great food!

Hey, I didn't win anything in the raffle, but seeing another example of the spirit that Brad, Josh and crew put into this thing was priceless:

More to come-maybe

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #9
SF GS Rider
Work Sucks! Lets Ride

Oddometer: 26
The best side stand of the event, who needs a kickstand when you got wood !
Attached Images

SF GS Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
AngryScot OP

Oddometer: 18,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF GS Rider
The best side stand of the event, who needs a kickstand when you got wood !
SNORT!

Nice pic!
The not sooooo luscious upload speed of my DSL will limit my interaction until tomorrow

Oh maddy, did you get the wig on jocflier! I will give you the $5

"I promised......"

Oh did someone say wig?

AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #11
pirahna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 17,634
pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #12
mongox
ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer: 2,489
Great seeing everyone. Thanks Brad and gang for the great party and food and drink and well everything. I'd post some pics but I never took my camera out of the jacket pocket it went into when I left home, just too busy having fun.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" unknown
mongox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
Oh maddy, did you get the wig on jocflier! I will give you the $5
Alas no...

I think he was too hungover from Friday to attempt that!

But.... I did get some other bastidges doing some crazees...

Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #14
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Oooh look!

A chicken!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #15
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

No-one could find the sheep....

But me thinks some inmates were up to no good...