ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 06:44 AM   #1
allkidd OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Chadwick cycles only (MO)

As some of you know, Chadwick from Camp Ridge North is now closed to ATV's and is cycles only. The forest service has installed a fence all the way down fire road 110 to prevent 4-wheelers from getting into the area.

For those of us who like single track, this is a great opportunity. The forest service desires our input and help. Typically, they are not riders so they don't know what we want unless we provide them with our input. And, my impression is that they not only are willing to listen, but are desperately seeking our input.

It seems to me this is our one time opportunity to develop this part of Chadwick however we desire. The forest service is requesting help regarding input on what this area is going to look like and help in development and maintenance of the trails.

My vision is to see this area modeled after Brock Creek where there is legal single track co-existing with ATV trails. The only way this is going to happen is with our input and help.

Please let me know what you think either by replying to this posting or sending me a PM. If you would like to contact the forest ranger directly, her contact information is listed below:

drein@fs.fed.us

Thanks!
allkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:54 AM   #2
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,784
That's interesting they would fence out the quads,quad people are somehow a different culture then dirt bikers,at least around here.

Never seen quads building their own trails,never seen a quadder at a USFS meeting about trails. Some of them will try to force their way down singletrack we build but that only goes so far.

There are 0 quad clubs here,and where quads go Razors go next and the destruction is very apparent when this happens. Most seem happy to burn around on what ever dirt roads they can get onto though.

Its just a different mindset,the fence sounds expensive but they must have fenced it for a reason. Of course it would make it easier to fence bikes out next.