ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #8431
Metallic Waste
Wearing the Cone Of Shame
 
Metallic Waste's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Paradise Falls
Oddometer: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters View Post
About 6 years ago we met up at a Hell's Kitchen for breakfast
No no no nooooooope. http://www.keyscafe.com/foshay-minneapolis-mn/

Mo' betterer and you can get there via the skyway.
-K
__________________
"Are you kidding? Did you see her? I'd carry a dead minature dog around for her".

--GSAnderson
Metallic Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #8432
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer
 
Powershouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Minn-knee-sooo-taaa
Oddometer: 2,159
Goldarnit!

Y'all turned this into a meat & eat thread and now it's broken! Nothing new here in daze. The thread has been faboonized all to hell.
__________________
Wisconsin Rustic Road Century
Powershouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #8433
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,794
Gopher hockey vs. Notre Dame tonight, 7pm.

Ranked 1 and 2 in the nation, gopher coach Lucia played for Notre Dame and his son Mario currently plays there.

Should be a hell of a game.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #8434
FirstPath
Beastly Adventurer
 
FirstPath's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Formerly Shoreview, MN
Oddometer: 2,127
OK.... so share your shopping list as you plan on heading to the bike show.

What is the main thing you want to see, check out or try on? Gear, gadgets, a new bike altogether?

and why?

I'll start.

I for one would like to update with a new bike if my old house sells. Looking at the NC700X or the Guzzi Stone V7. Both fit my riding style and I want to compare comfort. Both also fit my proposed budget. Why? .... my bike is 34 years old and would like to ride something new for once.


Scott in Shoreview
'79 Suzuki GS550
FirstPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #8435
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer
 
Powershouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Minn-knee-sooo-taaa
Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Gopher hockey vs. Notre Dame tonight, 7pm.

Ranked 1 and 2 in the nation, gopher coach Lucia played for Notre Dame and his son Mario currently plays there.

Should be a hell of a game.
A friend just asked me if I wanted to by tickets for this one. I guess it was originally scheduled for a Saturday - what happened to move it to a Tuesday?

I'm going to save 40 bucks a ticket and head over to Aldrich arena for some high school hockey action.
__________________
Wisconsin Rustic Road Century
Powershouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #8436
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer
 
Powershouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Minn-knee-sooo-taaa
Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Shoreview View Post
OK.... so share your shopping list as you plan on heading to the bike show.

What is the main thing you want to see, check out or try on? Gear, gadgets, a new bike altogether?
I"m going to be looking for some everyday street boots. Something that will be comfortable in the office when commuting. No boy-racer graphics.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Shoreview View Post

I for one would like to update with a new bike if my old house sells. Looking at the NC700X or the Guzzi Stone V7. Both fit my riding style and I want to compare comfort. Both also fit my proposed budget. Why? .... my bike is 34 years old and would like to ride something new for once.


Scott in Shoreview
'79 Suzuki GS550
Is the NC700X built around the same engine as the NT700? I rode one of those for a couple of days and decided that the NT stood for No Testicles. Very much the Honda motorcyle-as-appliance school of design.
__________________
Wisconsin Rustic Road Century
Powershouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #8437
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powershouse View Post
Is the NC700X built around the same engine as the NT700? I rode one of those for a couple of days and decided that the NT stood for No Testicles. Very much the Honda motorcyle-as-appliance school of design.
No, even worse, it is half of a honda minicar engine, redlines at 6k, they are using it in a scooter as well.

The new CB500F looks nice and simple, they made a version with a beak, and one with a fairing, if you're into playing dress-up.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #8438
FirstPath
Beastly Adventurer
 
FirstPath's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Formerly Shoreview, MN
Oddometer: 2,127
Not the same motor but the NC700X does not have a high redline. It's like 6500 rpm. Likes to be short shifted and finds most of its power in the lower rpm's. Great for in town. Bike isn't underpowered on the highway however. Should be a good commuter and light tourer. I would NOT get the automatic version.

However, I just have thing for retro bikes and the Guzzi keeps tempting me. Most likely the bike I would never get tired of owning.

Scott in Shoreview
'79 Suzuki GS550
FirstPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #8439
pineconeMN
Studly Adventurer
 
pineconeMN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: MSP
Oddometer: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Shoreview View Post
I for one would like to update with a new bike if my old house sells. Looking at the NC700X or the Guzzi Stone V7. Both fit my riding style and I want to compare comfort. Both also fit my proposed budget. Why? .... my bike is 34 years old and would like to ride something new for once.
I looked at the NC700X and it struck me as Honda's version of the Saturn SC.
pineconeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #8440
Spikehead
Two-Bit Throttle Bum
 
Spikehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Between Scylla and Charybdis.
Oddometer: 6,189
I plan to check out the models in the Ducati booth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Shoreview View Post
What is the main thing you want to see, check out or try on?
__________________
-Spikehead


"I was tempted by the Invisible Man, I surely was." -Propforward
Spikehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #8441
Spikehead
Two-Bit Throttle Bum
 
Spikehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Between Scylla and Charybdis.
Oddometer: 6,189
THAT is not complimentary. :lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by pineconeMN View Post
I looked at the NC700X and it struck me as Honda's version of the Saturn SC.
__________________
-Spikehead


"I was tempted by the Invisible Man, I surely was." -Propforward
Spikehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #8442
Klay
dreaming adventurer
 
Klay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: right here on my thermarest
Oddometer: 98,831
I'm hoping to see both the new Honda 500s and the new Suzuki GW250. Not sure if there are any GW250s in the US yet.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #8443
pineconeMN
Studly Adventurer
 
pineconeMN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: MSP
Oddometer: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikehead View Post
THAT is not complimentary. :lol
It's 7 grand and it will get you from point A to point B.
pineconeMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #8444
Vato Jinete
Feo del Norte
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Excelsior, MN via San Antonio, TX
Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Shoreview View Post
OK.... so share your shopping list as you plan on heading to the bike show.

What is the main thing you want to see, check out or try on? Gear, gadgets, a new bike altogether?

and why?

I'll start.

I for one would like to update with a new bike if my old house sells. Looking at the NC700X or the Guzzi Stone V7. Both fit my riding style and I want to compare comfort. Both also fit my proposed budget. Why? .... my bike is 34 years old and would like to ride something new for once.


Scott in Shoreview
'79 Suzuki GS550

Podium Girls
Vato Jinete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #8445
judjonzz
Beastly
 
judjonzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Not Fargo, not Butte, not Cheyenne
Oddometer: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Shoreview View Post
Not the same motor but the NC700X does not have a high redline. It's like 6500 rpm. Likes to be short shifted and finds most of its power in the lower rpm's. Great for in town. Bike isn't underpowered on the highway however. Should be a good commuter and light tourer. I would NOT get the automatic version.

However, I just have thing for retro bikes and the Guzzi keeps tempting me. Most likely the bike I would never get tired of owning.

Scott in Shoreview
'79 Suzuki GS550
That Guzzi looks like it still has essentially the same chassis as my 1982 V50 Monza. On the one hand, hopelessly outdated. On the other, one of the best backroad chassis you will ever encounter. It is a blade, very precise, and easy to ride fast, even with the gutless 500. I have always thought that it would be a lot of fun with just a little more power.
__________________
For deMille, young fur-henchmen can't be rowing.
judjonzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014