User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,443
Wink Mcallen TX -Reynosa -Real de 14 México and back in 4 days

Well, here we are talking, about this trip, planning since middle of August and making the decision to leave Reynosa Tam. to Real de 14 SLP, by Sep 13 and comming back by the 16th. We are at least 11 guys on KLR's, BMW, Suzuki and Honda bikes.

One week before, the date changes for the next following week of the original date. Everybody is cool and route plan still the same.

Next thing I do is contact my cousings living in ZACATECAS, and they agree to join us at Real de 14 on Sat Sep 20th. Cool, 5 more bikes to join the group.

Everybody is eager to meet the departure day. We all are sending emails among us to make sure all camping gear and other stuff is covered and not to duplicate things unnecesarily.

Finally the day arrives and we meet at the last Pemex gas station. our family went to say by and take a group picture. (I'm learning to post pics so I apologize if not done right the first times).

3 minutes later after departure, guess what..... Alan (Ricardo's son) realizes that he droped his cell phone right at the pemex station, so he gets back.
everyone else parks on the highway shoulder to wait for him, and guess what.....

Ricardo gets a flat tire..

20 min later the flat tire is fixed, so we continue our journey (Alan's broken phone is the only bad thing so far).
Attached Images

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013

Arte screwed with this post 09-30-2008 at 08:32 PM
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Here is Ricardo's flat tire
Attached Images

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 09-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Thumb Reynosa TAM to Montemorelos NL

After the first two little incidents, we continued and arrived to China NL, we had dinner (expensive) for the content, but hungry we were, happy we ended.

Continued and right crossing one of the several speed bumps at city General Teran NL, I hear a loud noise in my bike and immediately feel my rear tire getting jam and locked.
Luckly I was very slow due the speed bump. Then check on my passenger (my 12 yr old son) and stop the bike.

It happens that my poor tiein skill, caused to drop my sleeping bag and all the slings ended up in the rear sproket chain. tearing apart the chain guard. Thanks god that was all.
It was near midnight and several car and police offices stoped by as they passed to see if any help was needed.
Nice people at General Teran trying to help.
Later we got to MONTEMORELOS to spend the night there as planned.

Here is the next morning pics getting the bikes ready and Huicho fixing my bikes left turn signal (broken last night)
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Montemorelos - Sierra San Carlos (Linares)

So after the Electricians (Andres, Huicho and Jesus) helped me on my bike. Jesus leaded us to a nice place to have breakfast before hit the road.

At this place you can have an excellent buffet breakfast with the typical food of the area and more.

Here you can see Andres calling everyone to have our pray before mounting our mules...
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Here is my son enjoying the ride thru San Carlos Sierra
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

One more view of Sierra San Carlos (Linares to Puerto Pastores)
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Change of plans !

So after crossing Sierra San Carlos, Right after the detour to Doctor Arroyo, we decide that instead to arrive at Real de 14 this day, better stay at the antique hacienda house of Farid.
Farid's idea is to make a barbeque at his familys very antique property (full of gosths...) and next day early get to Real de 14.

So everyone likes the Idea and we get back few miles to take Doctor Arroyo road.

Here is everyone discussing the new plan.
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Puerto Pastores - Farids Hacienda (near Aramberry)

Well, remember Ricardo's flat tire right after leaving Reynosa?

Is again gettin problems, so he decides to stop at Tire shop "Talachas" to have a tube replacement.

in the mean time, we the ones were ahead on the line, stood by, hanging, telling jokes, even went to..... you know... wild restroom.

Notice Oscar Taking a Nap...
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #9
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Eek Getting to the Farid's GOSTH'S Old Hacienda

After almost couple hours riding thru a road FULL of donkeys, cows, horses, goats, dogs, you name it ! (DO NOT ride this road at night !!!)

we got to ARAMBERRI, where we had a good lunch and bought the steaks, beer and other stuff to do our "Carne Asada" barbeque this night.

Huicho was the designated rider to carry the dinner stuff.
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,051

Old 10-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer: 7,414
cool

be a man dodge tree bark!

We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating; the GS handles in ways a two-story building was never meant to.

Taking collections for Faye Butler Training please spare some change.

www.kmotorwerks.com

Remember red and yellow make orange.so to think orange is better means you have to use two steps to get there.
________
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #12
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
looks like an awesome adventure! I lived in McAllen for 12 years (went through school there), funny to see an adventure begin back there... looks like you found some beautiful places to ride! I really want to take a trip deep into mexico someday...
NitroRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroRoo
looks like an awesome adventure! I lived in McAllen for 12 years (went through school there), funny to see an adventure begin back there... looks like you found some beautiful places to ride! I really want to take a trip deep into mexico someday...
any chance you have to come down here again, letme know and we can schedule a trip with all the buddies and have a nice ride.

Arte

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #14
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Carne Asada (barbeque) at the Farid's Old Hacienda

After a thousand burros and cows, we get to the old little town where is the antique house hacienda.
Farid did make a phone call and when we arrived, the fire was settled, and surprisingly.... the beds where nice clean and ready for a good rest.

Thank you Farid !

So we immediately left all our luggage and get a quick wash, to start putting the steaks on the grill.

after most of us had a couple beers, we ask Farid tell his gosth stories that actually had happened to himself, right there in the house and... sheezz! almost next tho the bed I got!

Look at the nice kitchen and dinning room... not is not a gosth behind Alan, is Mauricio rushing out looking for something.
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #15
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

sleeping at the old house

The first dormitory... and beyond the end door, the other room, where use to show up the spirit or gosth that Farid mentioned... fortunately I was tired enough to see something.
Attached Images

Chiapas Ride 2013