User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #31
sandplow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
kick my own ass!

here is on that was for sale in San Francisco craigslist about 2 years ago, that I passed on. What an fu_____ Jack ass. I am still kicking myself 2 years later. By the way does anyone know where it went? Please!
sandplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #32
Uncle Conan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandplow
here is on that was for sale in San Francisco craigslist about 2 years ago, that I passed on. What an fu_____ Jack ass. I am still kicking myself 2 years later. By the way does anyone know where it went? Please!
Go back to #30, I bought it from a guy in the Borrego Springs. He said he bought it from a friend in SF. It was originaly from New Zealand.
Uncle Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #33
sandplow
Gnarly Adventurer

blue paint

what blue paint? don't tell me somebody started painting that beauty! You lucky man. It sure would make a sweet companion to my 86, when you get tired of it, you know who to call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Conan
Go back to #30, I bought it from a guy in the Borrego Springs. He said he bought it from a friend in SF. It was originaly from New Zealand.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #34
Uncle Conan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
what blue paint? don't tell me somebody started painting that beauty! You lucky man. It sure would make a sweet companion to my 86, when you get tired of it, you know who to call!
# 30 in this thread. I'm hoping to save the graphics on the tank, paint remover took it down to the metal on the top of the tank. Not ready to get rid of her yet, gotta get the new suspension broke in!
Uncle Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #35
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,018
Spotted near Vegas...

2008 model XT660Z Tenere...

So I got back on it and rode away...

xxx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #36
GStry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
JMo, Hope you are having a great ride. Look forward to hearing more about your trip and the Tenere. I've ordered one (black as well) but they only arrive in January in South Africa. At least that's better than in the US but its still unbearable.
GStry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:51 AM   #37
LC8TY OP
must......find.......fuel

Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAkic
cheers.

man this thread had to be dug out from page 5 already.

I was going to ask about the screen too, as it looks wider than the eagle (normal ones), but you already gave that info.

so, can I ask about the down pipes? they look good. custom made jobs?
The stainless steel exhaust headers are made by Motad and I brought them via internet from Worlds End Motorcycles in sunny old England for about $360.00 Aus.
to hear the cannonball a roar'n!
LC8TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #38
Gilb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
As soon as Yamaha announced these I had to have one and knew it would do everything I wanted from a bike. Haven't been disappointed so far.

5 days old today.

Gilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #39
sandplow
Gnarly Adventurer

Yamaha WTF!!!

You guys over the pond are killing with pictures of that bike! I wish Yamaha would pull their heads out of there ass and realized that that bike woudl give the orange invasion a run for its money in the US! Does that bike have as much travel as it looks like in the pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilb
As soon as Yamaha announced these I had to have one and knew it would do everything I wanted from a bike. Haven't been disappointed so far.

5 days old today.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #40
Gilb
Adventurer

Quote:
You guys over the pond are killing with pictures of that bike! I wish Yamaha would pull their heads out of there ass and realized that that bike woudl give the orange invasion a run for its money in the US! Does that bike have as much travel as it looks like in the pictures?
According to the manual 8.26 inches front and 7.87 inches rear.

I'm happy with the suspension so far, still taking it easy but I've ridden with a pillion on and off road and it feels really solid with no bottoming out, in fact it seems to work better with more weight onboard.

Once I've fitted some decent offroad tyres, I can report how it rides in the rough stuff properly, initial impression - way better than a DRZ400S.

Apart from looks I doubt it is much different to earlier water cooled Teneres in performance, comfort or range.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #41
sandplow
Gnarly Adventurer

mileage?

I read somewhere that they get terrible gas mileage, what are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilb
According to the manual 8.26 inches front and 7.87 inches rear.

I'm happy with the suspension so far, still taking it easy but I've ridden with a pillion on and off road and it feels really solid with no bottoming out, in fact it seems to work better with more weight onboard.

Once I've fitted some decent offroad tyres, I can report how it rides in the rough stuff properly, initial impression - way better than a DRZ400S.

Apart from looks I doubt it is much different to earlier water cooled Teneres in performance, comfort or range.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #42
Gilb
Adventurer

Quote:
I read somewhere that they get terrible gas mileage, what are you getting?
Early days but the fuel tank holds 5.06 imp gal. The warning display came on at 230miles today which if the manual is to be believed happens when 1.46 imp gal remain.

So 63.8 mpg imperial or 53.4 mpg US.

If I can use all the remaining gas that gives a total range of around 323 miles, I'll find out in the next few days if the reserve amount is accurate.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #43
vander
full-time dreamer

Oddometer: 909
Hello everybody!!

This is my new bike:

Well, I'd better say I own 2 Teneres as it was a pack of 2 identical 660 Teneres, one of them non rideable (no license anymore, just for pieces, but it's 90% complete).

I'm happy now and preparing a trip to Morocco with it

vander screwed with this post 10-12-2008 at 12:17 PM
vander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #44
sandplow
Gnarly Adventurer

Pissed regularoe rectifier

Hi , can anybody from over anywhere but here (USA) find out what the regulator part number is for a 86 tenere? Trying to find parts for this pig like pulling teeth over here. The kid behind the parts counter did not even know what a xt600 is! What I need is a yamaha part number for a 1vj tenere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 AM   #45
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,347
Hi sandplow

Have a look here

under the "electrical" section, it may help.