Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #6391
Menasco Pirate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by debaisley
good to know , the only concern I had was that maybe the support would get hot , and possibly melt the rack.
It could also make more noise than your fairing issue.

Steve
Old 02-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #6392
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,804
Steve,

I think I'm between family plans in the mid-July time zone. If you'd like company with the PCH part of your trip I'd be available for a ride along.

I'm not too good at the pirate thing but I could help you pillage a few of the smaller coastal towns and cleanse them of any tasty motorcycles that peek through the fences.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #6393
Santa
Focused on the Future

Oddometer: 1,398
I'm free July and August. (hopefully)
I think I am going to Colorado and West Fest. Never been to Utah or Colorado but I plan to ride as much dirt as possible on the route there and back.
Probably two to three weeks total time.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #6394
Menasco Pirate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Steve,

I think I'm between family plans in the mid-July time zone. If you'd like company with the PCH part of your trip I'd be available for a ride along.

I'm not too good at the pirate thing but I could help you pillage a few of the smaller coastal towns and cleanse them of any tasty motorcycles that peek through the fences.
We would love to have the company. I've lived in CA for 22 years and have never done the coast! We land at Bellingham, WA from Haines on the 3rd of July. Other than potential brief stops at Hillsboro, OR and Portland we are open.

My riding buddy is one on the nicest people on the planet.

PM me with you best contact methods.

Steve
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #6395
soupknotzee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa
I'm free July and August. (hopefully)
I think I am going to Colorado and West Fest. Never been to Utah or Colorado but I plan to ride as much dirt as possible on the route there and back.
Probably two to three weeks total time.
Santa,

Some of the best riding anywhere is in CO. West Fest will be a blast. I havent been but I plan on going this year. My house is about 65 miles from there. I also have a buddy who is a KTM "A" rider that lives in Buena Vista and we ride all summer long. I am going to try and talk him into going to the gathering. We both have KTM 300s but he just picked up a 08 KLR and he has not been shy about taking it on some pretty rugged jeep roads and anything just short of single track.
The Taylor Park reservoir has some amazing single track that just goes on for days. I could start a whole thread on it... And of course we spend lots of time in Moab area as well as Green River and the Rabbit Valley on the UT CO border.

Thats us up on Flag mountain

soupknotzee screwed with this post 02-09-2009 at 07:31 PM
soupknotzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #6396
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by azabeemerboy
Jeff,

I was just over there and got in ok.

I will Pm Russ for you
Hey Barry did you ever get a hold of Russ? I still can't get in. I received an email notification today that I have a PM but I can't get in to see it.
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #6397
Santa
Focused on the Future

Oddometer: 1,398
sounds like we are going ridin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupknotzee
Santa,

Some of the best riding anywhere is in CO. West Fest will be a blast. I havent been but I plan on going this year. My house is about 65 miles from there. I also have a buddy who is a KTM "A" rider that lives in Buena Vista and we ride all summer long. I am going to try and talk him into going to the gathering. We both have KTM 300s but he just picked up a 08 KLR and he has not been shy about taking it on some pretty rugged jeep roads and anything just short of single track.
The Taylor Park reservoir has some amazing single track that just goes on for days. I could start a whole thread on it... And of course we spend lots of time in Moab area as well as Green River and the Rabbit Valley on the UT CO border.

Thats us up on Flag mountain

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #6398
Dfender110
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Need help Panniers

I am looking for information on mounting caribou cases on my ALP. I have talked with them and they said the easy way was to get a Givi monokey rack. Problem is I cannot find one any where. No one is making a rack for the 1990 ALp I can find. I talked to Happy trail. And they have a rack but I am looking for other options. I contacted all of the venders I found mentioned but no one has anything. I might consider givi wing racks and boxes if they are weather proof.
Timmy
Stuck offshore on a platform
Old 02-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #6399
azabeemerboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,592
Jeff: I just went in again and sent Russ another PM. I did send a PM to Russ the other day but nothing shows in my sent file??? Not sure what's going on?

Barry

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TheQuadShop
Hey Barry did you ever get a hold of Russ? I still can't get in. I received an email notification today that I have a PM but I can't get in to see it.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #6400
Shandy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Gotta Go to CO!

Some of my best times riding and with friends was in Colorado! We went to the Gunnison area three years in a row each time picking up a new person to go with us.
We have not been back in two years and I want to go!!! Its just.....the drive from the right coast side killed us...and we were hauling the bikes.

A few of my favorites:

Shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #6401
soloyosh
Dad and husband

Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpknueven
I am looking for information on mounting caribou cases on my ALP. I have talked with them and they said the easy way was to get a Givi monokey rack. Problem is I cannot find one any where. No one is making a rack for the 1990 ALp I can find. I talked to Happy trail. And they have a rack but I am looking for other options. I contacted all of the venders I found mentioned but no one has anything. I might consider givi wing racks and boxes if they are weather proof.
Timmy
The Caribou ALS cases will fit on the Givi Wingracks.

Cheers
Brett
Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #6402
Lear60man
Sleeping

Oddometer: 715
I installed a RD04 bash plate that I picked up cheap on the 89 TAAT. Ill post pic tomorrow when I sober up. Easy install with little fabrication.
Lear60man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #6403
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,395
Where is the TA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy
Some of my best times riding and with friends was in Colorado! We went to the Gunnison area three years in a row each time picking up a new person to go with us.
We have not been back in two years and I want to go!!! Its just.....the drive from the right coast side killed us...and we were hauling the bikes.

A few of my favorites:

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #6404
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpknueven
Timmy
The only other TA specific racks easily available here in the US that I am aware of are the Moto Sport ones which are similar to Happy Trails.

http://www.moto-sportpanniers.com/brackets.htm

I use pelican cases on my TA, but made my own rack and mounting bracketts. I've been over to Rogers pace here in Boulder and really like his setup but his mounting system wouldn't work on my racks without significant mods.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #6405
Lear60man
Sleeping

Oddometer: 715
Ok here is the AT bash plate on the TAAT. If you are looking to keep your stock ta plate pristine here is an easy solution. I picked this one up on ebay for about $80 shipped. Remove the lower exhaust heat shield. the bash plate mounts in three points, left rear stock location, front upper stock location and right rear lower exhaust bolt. I took a piece of scrap aluminum flat bar and drilled three holes in it. It mounts behind the upper stock via the RD4 mount holes. I drilled an access hole for the socket between the two stock RD4 mount. I slipped the stock ta upper center bolt through the access hole and through the third (middle hole) in the upper brace that I made. The upper mount will roughly hold it in place. Now position the left rear of the plate over the stock TA mounting tab. Mark and drill a hole in the bash plate. Use the stock TA bolt and tighten. Now the tricky part. I used the lower exhaust tightening bracket and a longer bolt. I slightly indented the area where the bolt would be pulling the plate in towards the bike. This also pulls it away from the rear brake lever by about 3/4 of an inch so there is no interference. Very solid. More solid than the stock TA set up. Anyway something different to look at if you smash up your stock unit and cant find a replacement. I also finally found a stock rear luggage rack and base mount.......now if I could only find a key for the helmet lock!

Lear60man is offline   Reply With Quote