ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #1
wiswoodsguy OP
Kmart shopper

Oddometer: 2,118
WDSR Ride for Research Dual Sport/Big Bike ride June 6/7

Happy spring everyone !!!

Its that time again, time for our annual Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders Ride for Research event on June 6-7th (Fri check in is advised)

What is it you ask ??? Well, nestled in the north woods of WI is a little town called Wabeno, otherwise known as the Dual Sport Capital !!! Every year in June we host a 2 day DS spring ride (another one in Fall) that gathers enthusiasts from all over. We mix in a good assortment of entertaining "hero" sections connected by various mixtures of trail to create 2 full days of riding adventure. We orchestrate fuel stops, along with a scenic lunch destination on day one, followed by a big dinner with plenty of bench racing from that days ride. Camping is included on the premises with your entrance fee or there is a variety of places nearby that offer accommodations. Join us for breakfast on Sunday, then head out for another day of trail mayhem.

This year, we are happy to announce that we are expanding our horizons and welcoming our big bike brethren. BMW GSAs, KTM Adventurers, Triumphs, V-Stroms, or any bike that can withstand some of the best adventure riding North East Wisconsin has to offer. The crew has assembled a great mix of gravel,pavement, and 2 track proving to entertain the masses, which also includes all of the previous mentioned amenities.

Lets recap: Hundreds of miles of entertaining trails, challenging hero sections, Lunch-Dinner-Breakfast, and free camping on the premises (hot showers too)

Do I have your attention now ?? Then come join us in Wabeno

Heres the link to our brand new website: http://widualsportriders.org

Better to sign up sooner than later to ensure you get a spot, as we do limit the amount of riders

WDSR is always looking for like minded DS enthusiasts to Join our motley crue, Our club has many great things to offer, so if interested in that venture, give us a holler

I'll expect some past enthusiasts to post up their experiences from our events and encourage pics to get everyone all frenzied

"9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me Im crazy, one just hums"

wiswoodsguy screwed with this post Yesterday at 07:49 AM
wiswoodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #2
tedmarshall
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Signed up and excited for it

I and 2 other Chicago area riders (2 1190 R's and a GS) are looking forward to Craig Johnson's big bike route. And the camping

Ted
tedmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:03 PM   #3
wiswoodsguy OP
Kmart shopper

Oddometer: 2,118
Forgot to mention that much of the proceeds for our R4R ride are donated to the Carbone Cancer Research facility in Madison WI. They have discovered huge advances in the fight against Breast and Colon cancer. Over the past 14 yrs, this little event that we put on has raised well over $100,000 for Carbone. And for that, we thank all those who have attended, we couldnt have done this without you

"9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me Im crazy, one just hums"
wiswoodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:14 PM   #4
little john
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswoodsguy View Post
Forgot to mention that much of the proceeds for our R4R ride are donated to the Carbone Cancer Research facility in Madison WI. They have discovered huge advances in the fight against Breast and Colon cancer. Over the past 14 yrs, this little event that we put on has raised well over $100,000 for Carbone. And for that, we thank all those who have attended, we couldnt have done this without you

um just to make a small correction this year is only the 9th R4R and we have raised over $138,000 and this fall will be the 14th Big woods.
little john is offline   Reply With Quote