ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #1786
vfrpilot
Stress Relief Rider

Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborefan View Post
Gary, I got the opposite problem, I guess I love my wife. She fell, hit her head, which caused a stroke. Right side is paralyzed. She can still talk just fine, no brain damage, just motor skills, so like you all she continues to cuss me daily.

If she don't get better I guess I will get a loan from Bege and get her a carbon fiber chair. Of course we will paint it orange. Maybe put some panniers on it.

Maybe Gary's wife and I need to start a support group for each other.
Really sorry to hear that news! If you need anything that I can help with, let me know! Hope she recovers.
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #1787
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,293
Sorry to hear this..

We went thru this with Sara's Mom who suffered a stroke last Summer. Sara spent most of last Summer getting their farm ready to sell over in Tremont. In the last year she has shown some really good improvement and has gone from wheelchair to walker to cane. She still cusses me too however...

Quote:
Gary, I got the opposite problem, I guess I love my wife. She fell, hit her head, which caused a stroke. Right side is paralyzed. She can still talk just fine, no brain damage, just motor skills, so like you all she continues to cuss me daily.

If she don't get better I guess I will get a loan from Bege and get her a carbon fiber chair. Of course we will paint it orange. Maybe put some panniers on it.

Maybe Gary's wife and I need to start a support group for each other.

Funniest truthism ever.....
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #1788
dirtfarmerrich
Richard

Oddometer: 97
Best riding ever!!

My wife and I are in Silverton Co. Rode Black Bear Pass today and Ophir, Kendall Mountain, Stoney Pass yesterday. This is the best area to ride I,ve ever been to.
dirtfarmerrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #1789
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,318
Thanks guys for the comments on the wife. She walked today at PT.

Is Black Bear the one with the nasty rock steps? looks like your riding off the edge of the earth?

Some of those passes freak me out. I get agoraphobia above the tree lines on certain passes out there.And I hate those damn shelf roads.

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #1790
dirtfarmerrich
Richard

Oddometer: 97
Yes Black Bear has the steep narrow steps next to the cliff looking down on Telluride.
dirtfarmerrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #1791
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,425
Sunday Ride

We got out today and rode to breakfast. Need to feed and all that. Then we hit some back roads.

When I first saw this I thought of vfrpilot.

Then I thought no, there is no cliff/very deep ditch for him to drive off of first.

We did find some nice spots to ride.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #1792
vfrpilot
Stress Relief Rider

Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by William42 View Post
We got out today and rode to breakfast. Need to feed and all that. Then we hit some back roads.

When I first saw this I thought of vfrpilot.

Then I thought no, there is no cliff/very deep ditch for him to drive off of first.

We did find some nice spots to ride.

Ha ha........ You're quite the comedian.

I may have to rethink the possibility of you riding my new bike home.

(I wish that mattress had been at my most recent "get off")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #1793
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
But, all in all I'm getting along superbly! I thought that you all might wanta little update on things.

They will remove the cast again on the 9th for more x-rays, and check my progress. I'm told that the pins will stay in untill all the healing is done. I'm gonna try to get actual x-ray photos, so that I can see just how everything "inside" is being held in place. Also, some poor stiff donated one of his wrist bones so that I could twist a throttle again! Thanks buddy!
The bike is totaled, but don't worry ...... I've already paid for the new one and should bring it home next weekend.
I still can't do much..... thank goodness that my wife still loves me! She's been doing all of those "private" things that we take for granted. Just hope I heal up before she gives out!
That's all for now ...... Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers! I feel pretty fortunate
Gary,
They look a LOT better than the last time I saw them, when you took your bike down to St Louis.
Looks like most of the swelling is gone. That has to help.
Keep heeling and let us know how it goes later this week when you visit the doc.
That mattress could have helped.. I think you'd have needed about nine more though. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #1794
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
Gary,
They look a LOT better than the last time I saw them, when you took your bike down to St Louis.
Looks like most of the swelling is gone. That has to help.
Keep heeling and let us know how it goes later this week when you visit the doc.
That mattress could have helped.. I think you'd have needed about nine more though. Ha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The real reason he looks better is you can't see his face.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #1795
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,318
You suck William.... I am still stuck at home.

At least I got to play in the garage today. Did an oil change on the 950SE and washed it. I thought about putting my gear on and escaping but I have to stay close to the wife. She is making progress. She says if I get her a baby sitter I can go for a ride soon.

I want to do a three day ride/camping trip. What do you guys think, Missouri, Wisconsin, Mississippi River north of Quad Cities, Shawnee forest?

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #1796
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You suck William.... I am still stuck at home.

At least I got to play in the garage today. Did an oil change on the 950SE and washed it. I thought about putting my gear on and escaping but I have to stay close to the wife. She is making progress. She says if I get her a baby sitter I can go for a ride soon.

I want to do a three day ride/camping trip. What do you guys think, Missouri, Wisconsin, Mississippi River north of Quad Cities, Shawnee forest?
I am interested. The problem is I don't camp. Motel or cabin for me.

Sure hope your wife gets well soon.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #1797
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,338
I was just talking to a buddy about a weekend in Shawnee. Haven't decided on when, but I'll post up here when we do. I'm thinking we'll haul the thumpers down in my Haulmark and sleep in it. Anybody have a campground suggestion? I might hit up Sampson for some routes. He's always willing to share.
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #1798
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
Narrow it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
I was just talking to a buddy about a weekend in Shawnee. Haven't decided on when, but I'll post up here when we do. I'm thinking we'll haul the thumpers down in my Haulmark and sleep in it. Anybody have a campground suggestion? I might hit up Sampson for some routes. He's always willing to share.
The 'Shawnee' is about the bottom 25 - 30 % of Illinois. Which area are you looking at? Most likely over by Harrisburg. There is some neat riding near Cairo on levee's also, levee riding is flat tho.
Themastermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #1799
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themastermike View Post
The 'Shawnee' is about the bottom 25 - 30 % of Illinois. Which area are you looking at? Most likely over by Harrisburg. There is some neat riding near Cairo on levee's also, levee riding is flat tho.
I'm not familiar with the area at all. That's why I asked for campground suggestions and planned to ask Mark for routes.

tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #1800
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
As usual vfrpilot has routes down there. He will probably chime in. I think he has routes everywhere.