ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #826
Zman1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Nice ride vfrpilot!!!! I know what you mean about putting marks on her. I rode the Elefant today and laid her down twice! (At least they were slow easy lay downs!!)

I bet you can't wait for nice weather!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #827
vfrpilot
Stress Relief Rider

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by William42
Damn, nice bike. But it doesn't look like any F800GS I ever saw.

If you ride with Big Bore and company there will probably be a few marks on it.
I still have the X for the times that I feel like I must fall. I'll ride the GS with you cause I know that you don't fall!
*2012 Gas Gas TXT250 **2014 Beta 520RS
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #828
bigjako
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Guess I will chime in hear. First time posting here. Don't worry about the SE that was posted on Craigslist. Sitting in my garage now. I will keep my eyes open on this thread. I live in Charleston and am planning on doing some rides this year.
bigjako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #829
Pansy
Not much of an Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,875
Pansy's 4th Annual Open House

That's right folks mark your calendars for Feb 26th-28th, Fri-Sun.

I would like to invite everyone to Pansy's 4th annual Beat the Winter Blahs Open House. It keeps growing so I've added an extra day so folks coming from a little farther away will have more time to visit.

Let me know who gets 1st dibs on the guest rooms... there's a couple of sofas and plenty of floor space if needed.
Good idea to bring your bedroll if you plan on staying over.

I'll provide the food.. BYOB on beverages.
Rapid Roy's bringing his guitar

Hot tub is NOT working at this time. Looking for a repairman Cross your fingers.

Please RSVP by PM or to get directions etc.

It looks like several of the Wisconsin folks will be coming back.... I don't think we'll run out of floor space but it might be cozy There's a couple of hotels nearby.. I'd be happy to check room rates if anyone feels the need for privacy.

I've had a great time meeting all the new folks that stopped by.. hope more of you can make it for 2010!

Deb

Pansy screwed with this post 12-27-2009 at 06:45 PM
Pansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #830
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,530
Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot
I still have the X for the times that I feel like I must fall. I'll ride the GS with you cause I know that you don't fall!
Well big bore would tell you that I sometimes do fall down. He really enjoys it when I do. But you can ride with me and help me pick up the DL650. Damn thing is heavy, especially when it is covered in mud.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #831
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,531
I think I may have some kind of mental disorder. The only time I laugh out loud is when I see some serious carnage. Broken hips, compound fractures, those make my day.

I did part of the TAT this summer. A KTM 950 ADV went down big time right in front of me. The guy was moving pretty good. Huge dust storm, parts everywhere, panniers in the ditch, handlebars snapped off. Miraculously the guy did ride it out to the hotel, a good 20 miles. He was running on pure adrenaline. I was laughing the whole 20 miles. I think I cracked a rib laughing.

Needless to say, the guy will not ride with me now. These Midwestern folks sure are a sensitive bunch. I thought this was the heartland, fortified with rugged farmer types, good Republican stock. I mostly meet a bunch of John Deere hat wearing emos?

BigJack-off, I cant believe you bought that 950SE out from under me. We need to ride together, soon...

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

bigborefan screwed with this post 12-29-2009 at 10:31 AM
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #832
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,308
Ya know BBF...

admission of a problem is the first step towards the healing process, even if it is an incurable mental disorder tinged with orangaphobic KTM tendicies.

Went to the Colts game tonight, not real fun drive over but got to watch their first loss in 14 games tonight when they pulled Manning out early. WTF! There is something wrong about watching football in a 70 degree enclosed stadium but I think I could get used to it!

We got to get a winter ride together soon once I get my heated grips on!
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #833
bigborefan
Making new friends

We just live in the wrong part of the country.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535122

Old 12-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #834
Iman501
n00b

Oddometer: 3
hey guys, i'm in the peoria area!
Iman501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 PM   #835
bigborefan
Making new friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman501
hey guys, i'm in the peoria area!
OK Imam, you can bring the Honda, but leave the Harley at home.

As-Salāmu `Alaykum

Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #836
DualDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Iman reply

Iman,
Most on this central Illinois list appear to be from Bloomington on east. I am from Galesburg and drop in once in awhile to check out the replies. I see you are from Peoria. Just curious what kind of riding you do over your way. I ride some of the back roads between Galesburg and Oak Run. Sometimes up to Princeville and down by Kickapoo. I will stop a Ludy's in Kickapoo for lunch or ride into Peoria to eat at Hickory River.

DualDog screwed with this post 01-03-2010 at 06:00 PM
DualDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #837
bigborefan
Making new friends

There are quite e few guys in the Peoria area. Drop a line to a guy named Critic on here. He can give you ideas for your neck of the woods.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #838
dynodon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
I live in Washington (near Peoria) and have been to Pansy's party once. Went to FL over the holidays and got in 2 days and 600+ miles on a rented HD Ultra. Very nice, and what a shock to come home to zero degree weather. Can't wait for the roads and my drive to clear a little more to use my new heated gloves again.
My Avitar? Intake manifold of the V6 Yamaha engine in the 89-95 Ford Taurus SHO. My "cage" love!
dynodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #839
sumwon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
I was planning on heading over to Pansy's party Saturday morning, anyone in the Bloomington area headed over around the same time?
sumwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #840
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,308
Went sledding today......

Took my 5 year daughter to experience the thrill of the hills at the local park. Pulled the new label off my slicker than shit orange plastic superfast sled, yea the one similiar in speed to the KTM 690 with bigborefan on it.

The hill has some good slope to it and was packed down smooth for some smooth sailing down the hill. That is until we, yes my daughter was in my lap, hit the 1 foot tall white fuckin' snow impossible to see ramp at the bottom of the hill.

That little jewel gave us about 2 feet of liftoff at our speed and with the hill still falling away after the ramp gave us the equivalent of a triple on the Supercross track.

I would of thought my fat ass would have plenty of cushion for the landing, ya know, kind of like the funny videos of the chubby lady dancing at the reception in high heals who slips on the dance floor and you see the blow ripple thru her body thru the all too revealing dress. Yea, that kind of cushion.

Evidently, I was wrong! Holy shit did that hurt my butt!! Not to be obscene about it but that felt like a prostrate check by a doc with XXXL hands.

It's gonna be sore for a while I'm sure. Glad it's Sunday and I have to go to work tommarrow 'cause my daughter wants to go sledding again!

Next time I'm wearing my 661 bomber shorts!
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote