Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #106
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,901
If I tell the misses I am going riding, she gets jealous of the bike and starts making comments about all the things that need doing around the house. If I invite her to go along, it eases a lot of the tension. She doesn't usually go, but sometimes she does and we have a good time. I am always grateful for her company.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #107
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
i know that i'll probably get flamed for this, but what is the appeal of riding 2-up? i've never done it, so i have no point of reference. it has just always seemed to me that riding your own ride would be much more appealing. but, when in a car, i hate not being in the driver's seat. so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

Sex after the ride!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #108
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Sex after the ride!!!
Bingo!!!

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could've become beer, but didn't.
Mr_Gone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #109
Adios Pantalones
AdventureDeficitDisorder

Oddometer: 2,323
All that PC, ATGATT shit aside.

Riding north on A1A out of Key West, her arms over my shoulders, her legs around my waist. In shorts and flops, warm, firm boobies pressed into my back, singing Thunder Road along with The Boss on the stereo at the top of our lungs.....

Gawd, i luv motorsickles...

and the sex after the ride!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #110
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,958
Laugh

This is a great thread. We both ride and have done some long rides together and both of us solo tour. When we shipped my KTM to Europe we talked about sending over 2 bikes but thought we would get the European experience the first year two -up.

We had seldom ridden two up mostly out for dinner and a few 100 mils trips so we went and took the two up riding school at Streetmasters.

Riding in Europe defined our two up riding and confirmed that the heavy technical riding in European traffic was deemed by my wife as something she would enjoy or do.

After we arrived at our hotel in Florence (a rush hour event I found exhilarating ) Susan got off the bike and said, if I was riding in that traffic I would have ridden my motorcycle to the bank of the Arno River, pushed it in and flown home rather than ride another 10 feet. She then noticed that I had ridden up and along the sidewalk and parked directly in front of the hotel. (a group of Harleys were blocking the regular entrance) and said well I guss that your motorcycle won't end up pushed into the River).

It has taken me some time to deal with the onerous responsibility of now having a second soul onboard.

A night I used to think she was rubbing my neck with affection now I realize she is sleeping. A back rest is quite important and an intercom is a true luxury.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #111
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,627
When one pillion can be such a pleasant experience ----

- - - - you just know that TWO are sure to be DOUBLE as pleasant!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #112
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,438
I keep reading the solo riders mentioning the "added responsibility" of having a passenger vs. each riding their own bike.

For me, I'd much rather have my GF on the pillion with me than have to worry about her on her own bike.

If she was to get into street riding, I would be "responsible" for that. I would also have no control.

I'd rather rely on my 30 years of riding experience to keep us safe.
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #113
PMC
riding rider

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
For me, I'd much rather have my GF on the pillion with me than have to worry about her on her own bike.
Same here only it's my wife... She actually rides but prefers to ride on the back of our Ultra.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #114
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
When one pillion can be such a pleasant experience ----

- - - - you just know that TWO are sure to be DOUBLE as pleasant!
I can't tell which one of them has the biggest boobs. I think it's the one with the hat.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of grains that could've become beer, but didn't.
Mr_Gone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #115
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 2,039
Love sharing the rides with my wife, stateside she rides her own 99% of the time, but in Europe she prefers pillion so she can look around and soak in the beauty. She has ridden there twice, but knows I like to ride a little more spirited than she, so less fatigue for her too.

She tells me to keep my eyes on the road, when the road gets narrow and there are 1000+ foot cliffs and no guardrail, and that she will tell me what I missed. She has invoked this a couple times along some of the rivers where topless sunbathers hang out too

Richard
PFFOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #116
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
"in Europe she prefers pillion so she can look around and soak in the beauty.
She tells me to keep my eyes on the road, when the road gets narrow and there are 1000+ foot cliffs and no guardrail, ..... some of the rivers where topless sunbathers hang out too
Could I please have the location of that road by the river

where topless sunbathers hang out
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #117
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 2,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 310 View Post
Could I please have the location of that road by the river

where topless sunbathers hang out

They are MUCH less up tight about topless/nudity in Europe. Most saunas in hotels you can expect non-inhibited people just enjoying the steam, throughout the Alps regions.

Pick any spot S of Munich in Germany, heck there is a topless/nude area in the middle of Englischer Garten (park) in the middle of Munich, some would be better covered but many add a pleasant addition to the scenery. Heck, just a few blocks E of the Glockenspiel, there is a pedestrian walk over the river overlooking a popular sunbathing area, you get a birds eye view.

Along a road, same, on a warm sunny day there is good "pre-Alps", views, the ones I remember are along the Walchensee, and along the river S of Bad Tolz, but really any place there is a beach/bathing area, expect topless sunbathing, many even with kids in tow.

Our puritanical roots, I believe, turned North Americans into believing breasts were sexual, when in reality they are there to nourish offspring.

Richard
PFFOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:44 AM   #118
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
They are MUCH less up tight about topless/nudity in Europe. Most saunas in hotels you can expect non-inhibited people just enjoying the steam, throughout the Alps regions.
BTW I was kidding I live 3 miles from a nude beach

http://www.wreckbeach.org
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #119
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,438
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #120
blacktruck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Thumb My opinion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Sex after the ride!!!
That does have to factor in. My GF does enjoy the day out and relaxing and that is probably good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
I keep reading the solo riders mentioning the "added responsibility" of having a passenger vs. each riding their own bike.

If she was to get into street riding, I would be "responsible" for that. I would also have no control.

I'd rather rely on my 30 years of riding experience to keep us safe.
This is the big one for me. She can ride by herself. I've been riding for decades and just feel better if she is riding on my scooter. I tend to ride slower and enjoy the time together. Makes for a better experience in my opinion.