ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
BeeDub OP
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,022
Any good routes to Desert Bar outside Parker, AZ?

Mods, I'd post this in the GPS forum but I don't think it'd get any hits...

I'm looking for a good GPS track from somewhere around Buckskin Campground (maybe somewhere else) to the Desert Bar. I'm not into taking the main tourist dirt road. I'll be going with a group of guys on green sticker bikes, so a staging area would be important. If someone knows of good maps, I'd check those out too. I'm used to riding the CA side of the river, so I don't know the off road areas on the AZ side.

Thanks a lot guys!
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,720
Not sure I recall where Desert Bar is, but there are some trails to the E of Buckskin Park. Many of them are mine roads, so they are likely legal to traverse on motorcycles. I did some on my MTB and they were pretty challenging. Lots of quick ups and downs. Rugged terrain. Stay away from the golf course.

I know you can link dirt from Castle Rock Shores to AZ Shores and bypass most of the river road.

Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck.
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
bent fork
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Buckskin to desert bar

Took my jeep thru there once. Trail at buckskin starts @ 34*15.338' N ,114*08.860' W. Desert bar is 34*12.100' N ,114*08.950' W . " googlemaps.com" satellite view shows those trails very well. lots of side trails off of main one. The mines are cool to check out also , flash light helps.

Hope this helps.
bent fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
BeeDub OP
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,022
Sorry for the late response guys, I've been doing things all weekend. Thanks a lot for the tips. I'll check out the google maps as suggested. I just don't know how to transfer a google route to my GPS, but I'll play around with it. Any tips on that would be great. We've got a couple of AZ boys on the ride, so maybe they'll know more too. I've still got to load up my National Parks West Garmin cd to my new computer, but maybe that's a covered area, but I doubt it...
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote