User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
foxj OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
motorcycling boots and narrow foot

This is a little different than most posts on boots here. I have read the various threads about which boots are best/recommended/etc. My problem is that I inherited a pretty narrow foot. Usually measures as a "B" width and finding narrow/B width boots is like finding an honest person in Congress. The standard widths (usually "D") sometimes fit or sometimes I can wear thicker socks in fall or winter to try to compensate for the narrow foot, but this is a problem in warmer weather. Have tried additional inner soles too with some limited success. Anybody out there know of a brand or style of MC boot that fits a narrow foot, has a narrow width or tends to run narrower than others?

Thanks

Foxy
foxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
NJ-GS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 768
I have the same issue.

Try an aftermarket insole: entire insole or just the heel. I put a heel-only insole underneath the factory insole of my Sidi's. They now fit like a glove.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
fiep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,894
same here, I use thick cushioned sports insoles
and two pairs of socks
fiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
Bad-Tat
800 XC

Oddometer: 125
Prexport 539 WP were the only narrow boot I have found. Now discontinued and I have worn out the sole so doing the same search for narrow. I wear Tech Sox for heat and cold and being a bit thicker they help with the D boots. http://www.techsox.com/index.htm Best socks I have found in 51 yrs of riding.
Sometime you can find a ladies boot that fits without the high heel look. My cowboy boots are ladies, the difference? They fit!!!!

1995 XR 650L, Tiger 800 XC, 72 Triumph T100R, 86 SRX 6, 05 FLSTSCI, 13 Vespa 300, 08 Versys, 14 Grom
Bad-Tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #5
Cam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
I would look into womens boots actually. The Thor Womens Quadrant and MSR Jewel boots are likely to run narrow and not look like a womans boot.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
jsrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,495
My feet aren't narrow, but they are narrow in the back. I often have trouble finding shoes (especially American style) that don't flop around on my heels. My Alpinestar Tech 3's fit me really well. Might be worth a try.
jsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
foxj OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
MC boots & narrow foot

Thanks for all the replies. Have a pair of Heine Gericke MC boots now, touring style, and think I will start by trying the in-sole approach suggested, Maybe try some of the socks suggested.

Again, thanks for the help and here's to all the narrow feet and heels out there!

Foxy
foxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
Goride851
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Dainese Torque Outs

This is a road boot but it is the best fit that I have found. (Size 12 Narrow) I have Alpinestars for the road, Sidi for the Adventure and Fox for dirt. The Sidi Canyon boots are a new and fit ok. I usually wear the big socks and hate it. After putting on a pair of Torque Outs I can now see how poorly all the other boots fit. I am now waiting for a pair of Virunga D to try. Last bit of babbling... Take a look at the new Puma boots.
Goride851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #9
dlh62c
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,603
Your not alone. I have low volume feet and narrow heels. Inserts help with the volume but the heels are still a problem. I've been using these socks which help. When winter comes I may take my boots to a repair shop to see if any type of heel padding can be added.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/33628866.html

daryl
dlh62c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #10
bmwblake
upside down parker

Oddometer: 3,278
i have really narrow feet. sidi's road racing boots come in narrow sizes. i also have a pair of alpinestar tech6 offroad boots and with a dyna step heel insole they fit great.
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #11
SpaceManSpiff
Man of Mystery

Oddometer: 1,075
there is a long sub-thread about narrow feet in one of the boot threads around here. Hmmmm...now where is it?
Not sure what kind of boot you are looking for, but....

I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX-Plus (I think that is the model) boots. They are one step below MotoGP quality, but still used by many racers. Point is that they have internal laced booties that secures my girlie ballerina feet quite nicely, better than any other boot I own. (The other boots have insoles and that does help alot).

SpaceManSpiff screwed with this post 10-13-2008 at 08:18 PM
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #12
gus1980
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I also have narrow feet. For example, my euro-sized Shimano bicycle shoes close all the way up in the center, and they're still not snug. I once ordered a pair of Aerostich Combat Touring Lites, and returned them because they were way too wide in the foot and heel. (I unfortunately didn't think to try an aftermarket insole in the CBTs, but I doubt it would have made enough of a difference to warrant keeping them.)

Some moto boot manufacturers (including Sidi) offer options for wide feet, but there's not much out there for narrow widths. Also, the dealers in my area don't carry many (if any) boots, so trying them on first isn't usually an option.

Of the brands that I've been able to try on, Icon boots (the SuperDuty and the now defunct Motorhead) fit me pretty well. Harley Davidson lace-up boots also fit okay, but there you're getting into more of a work boot.

Anyway, I'm on a never-ending quest for the right boots, so thanks for the contributions to this thread.
gus1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #13
beck49
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Revit Fighter boot

I have a very narrow foot. Recently purchased the Revit Fighter boot. They lace up, then the laces are covered. Fit very snug, couldn't be happier. Review at http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/rev-it-air-blend-fighter-boots
/

As a fit comparision, previously I had a pair of Ikon SuperDuty 2's. They were also lace up and fit well. Had to replace them after a get-off.
beck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #14
decodent
CyberGypsy

Oddometer: 1,404
How about Alpinestars?

I have narrow feet, plus I have that cursed "longer big toe" syndrome, so I have to go at least a half size bigger in anything I wear anyway.

I have two pairs of Alpinestars, and they fit me really well, w/o even adding an insole. I have the old Tech 4s and some sort of road boot that I bought a few years ago. Still got 'em, still like 'em.

If you really need to take up a lot of room inside, the "Superfeet" are especially good for this ... I often do it with my running shoes. Plus, they're nice and comfy!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
stevegoch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Have the same problem 12B

I have the same problem too! I wear a 12B.

I have tried on Alpinestar Tech 3 and Fox Comp 5 and the Fox boot fit better.

The best fitting MX boot I have tried on is Alpinestar Tech 8 boots. But $425 for a boot that I'm going to wear on 8-10 rides per year is a bit much.

I'm headed to Atlanta this weekend to try on the Tech 7s and see how they fit. $299 is better than the $425.

Good luck and let me know which boot you buy.

Thanks.

Steve
stevegoch is offline   Reply With Quote