Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #226
DolphinJohn
Really, Really Cool

Oddometer: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR356
Yes,entry/exit hole on right rear for power cords,hydration bladder tube or ??
The pouch is actually a sock that can extend pretty far into the bag.
This bag holds a suprising amount of gear.

JR356

I'm holding my Super Mini in my hand right now.

Seriously though, I am and the hole for cords or headphones is front right not rear right, near the handle. Also the small front zipper pocket is not a sock that extends into the big compartment.
16 oz. water bottle just fits but it's roomier than it looks.

My Ride Reports
DolphinJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #227
Bushwhacker
Dirt, Sweat & Gears

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinJohn
I'm holding my Super Mini in my hand right now.

Seriously though, I am and the hole for cords or headphones is front right not rear right, near the handle. Also the small front zipper pocket is not a sock that extends into the big compartment.
16 oz. water bottle just fits but it's roomier than it looks.
I have a Cortech Super Mini on my GS.

I do not know which is the front or rear but on mine the hole for cords is on what I would call the front right near the handle, ie closest to the rider and the front pocket is a sock type pouch that extends 5-6 inches into the body of the bag.

When you look like a rude, crude, scum sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions!
Bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #228
DolphinJohn
Really, Really Cool

Oddometer: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwhacker
I have a Cortech Super Mini on my GS.

I do not know which is the front or rear but on mine the hole for cords is on what I would call the front right near the handle, ie closest to the rider and the front pocket is a sock type pouch that extends 5-6 inches into the body of the bag.

Huh, mine just has a small pocket in front, they must have made a change.

My Ride Reports
DolphinJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #229
kevinr1247
oregonRider

Oddometer: 44
I'm not a big tank bag fan. They seem to affect the position at which I stand on the pegs. I prefer the tail bag.
kevinr1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #230
ncooper
starting again

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1247
I'm not a big tank bag fan. They seem to affect the position at which I stand on the pegs. I prefer the tail bag.
I agree with your statement Kevin. I just prefer to not have my camelbak on so I always stuff the badder into my tankbag. That being said my current setup does not interfere when standing up on the pegs. I was just going to keep my older TT tankbag (I think it's called the VP45 or something) from my Dakar and deal with the size. However, as luck (mostly not luck) would have it my apartment was robbed in May, and the bastards stole that tankbag! I was thinking of just replacing it with the Cortech mini, but decided on getting a new bag from TT. I got the "Daytripper?" bag and have been pretty happy with it.

It has a place for the gloves on the side, and some organizational loops in the lid.

I am sewing velcro for the open top pocket portion, so the stuff in said pocket doesn't shift out when the top is closed. The safety pin is a temporary band aid.

Here is the Velcro mounting area for the bag. I was a little sceptical about just using this instead of the weird straps, but it has been rock solid so far.

here are the clips for the front. This pic also shows the Powerlet hookup.

these loops keep the clips from falling into the abyss when the bag is not in place.

Finally, I use this D-ring to attach a retracting lanyard that I attach to my point and shoot when on the bike:

The bag is cost prohibitive, and I would not have bought it without having the replacement cost of my other bag being even more than this one!

ncooper screwed with this post 08-24-2009 at 06:02 AM
ncooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #231
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,128
NCooper:

I just got the Cortech Super Mini and like the size.
The pad to keep the bag from scratching does not look like it will hold up very well but otherwise ok.

Did the loops that hold your front clips up top come with the bag, is is that a modification of your own design?

That is one think I had not thought about ... and the Cortech bag doesn't "address it" ...

thanks,
Jim

PS: I guess Cortech did change the design, as I do have a wiring port on the rear right side, and the small pocket is in the rear and is not much bigger than what is needed to stash the rain cover....
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #232
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT

Oddometer: 1,499
I like the Coretech Super Mini, but it does end up touching my "junk" when I stand up. I was hoping to avoid that. I can fit my Cannon A530 in the small pocket. Also it is a little larger and easier to use than the BMW tail bag.

I like a tank bag over a tail bag especally when trying to take pictures while riding.

David
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #233
ncooper
starting again

Oddometer: 101
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden
NCooper:

Did the loops that hold your front clips up top come with the bag, is is that a modification of your own design?

That is one think I had not thought about ... and the Cortech bag doesn't "address it" ...
That setup is all Touratech design. They came with the bag.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #234
easyman05
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncooper
That setup is all Touratech design. They came with the bag.
I bought the same TT Daytrip bag and added their raincover& But use it with the side straps. Not good as the bag moves from side to side. But what really does not suite me is it affects riding in the standing position. In fact it makes standig uncomfortable.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #235
MCMXCIVRS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks
+2 on the Wunderlich. I'm glad I held out for it rather than settle for less than optimum (for me). But I've had a little trouble getting the front straps to fit the way I think they ought to (they don't lay quite flat enough, and pull to the right side) when attaching the "off-road" D-rings. How about you guys?
I too had trouble with the front D-ring strap not being long enough to get much of a bit on the velcro. Today I got a suprise package in the mail from Wunderlich. In it was a replacement mounting pad for the tankbag with a note stating that the originals were inccorrectly sewn and the straps may not secure properly. Compared the two and the new one has the strap sewn up closer so it can be better secured through the D-ring. They noted that since the cost of returning the original from Canada was not worthwhile, I get to keep it as a spare.

I like dealing with companies that treat customers this way. Unlike TT when my F650GS tank bag mounting zipper broke and they gave me the royal run around then never did pony up for the repairs.
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #236
edfetz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 994
Cortech Super Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwhacker
I have one of these and the power outlet is covered by the base of the bag, but it moves to the side easily and things plug easily and it is really not a problem.
-
I just got mine yesterday and installed it. As far as the anti-scratch pad. I trimmed mine along the side and at the key / assy plug area. It trimmed real easily with a straight edge and a sharp razor blade. No problems with the plug and looks better along the sides.
Attached Images

JGRMX-Pirelli Tires
edfetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #237
edfetz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 994
Cortech Super Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTroy
So I agree the Cortech Mini is a great fit for the bike. Where are you guys attaching the strap that goes under the seat?
I attached the rear strap under the seat to the hole for storing the shock tool. I used a few zip tys to keep the strap from interfering with the seat latch (which is offset to the Rt just a bit). That tape is just holding the excess strap. You could just cut it shorter.

I suppose with that upper zip ty holding it centered you could just use the left factory mount point bracket instead of the shock tool hole. ( didnt see that till I looked at my own pics)

I think this is a great little bag for the 800. Cheap too. About $60 shipped from MotorcycleUSA.com
Attached Images

JGRMX-Pirelli Tires

edfetz screwed with this post 09-19-2009 at 06:49 AM
edfetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #238
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Edfetz:

I ran a large zip-tie between the two "factory" locations horizontally and then tied off the rear strap around the center of the zip-tie.

With the seat in place it doesn't wiggle around any and it all stays centered.

When I get a chance I think I"m going to try I am considering making some "spacer screws" like the TT bag uses and then cutting "key hole" slots in the bottom of the front buckles of the Cortech bag (the half of the buckle that is attached to the bag).

Then I could just engage the keyholes in the front buckle-halves, snap the rear snap and be ready to roll... I think the dimensions will work out ok to make that happen. I'll glue a little felt on the bottom of the front buckles so they don't rub....

If I get it done I'll post pics.

JRWooden screwed with this post 09-19-2009 at 02:02 PM
Old 10-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #239
Xskydiver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Cortech 10 liter

I looked at the super mini and decided it was too small. I measured the area I had to work with and decided it would be really close but the 10 liter cortech might work. I found one on Ebay with "make an offer" I got it brand new for 75$ shipped. I took about an hour and a half of trying different positions but I finally changed how the rear of the bag attached and it worked great. Now THIS bag is the perfect size for day to day use.

Here's an overview

The front mounts as designed except I rerouted the slack instead of using the little three bar sliders.

This shows how the slack gets routed back through the buckle and tucked under the bag.

The back buckle gets folded under the bag because it sits right where the gap is between the seat
and "tank". The long strap gets routed through the webbing loop the buckle is attached to.

The strap then gets routed down to both stock mounting locations. Notice the three bar sliders
scavenged from the front.

The strap goes through the sliders around the mounts then back through the sliders. The excess
goes back up through the elastic to be tucked under the bag.

All tucked in.

Seat back in place.

I chose not to cut anything in case I want to use the bag elsewhere later. You could easily cut off
the rear buckle and trim all the webbing. I have used this bag for a couple of hundred miles of varying
terrain so far and it hasn't loosened at all. The size it great. The only drawback is it isn't easily removed.

Xskydiver screwed with this post 10-14-2009 at 07:27 PM
Xskydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #240
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Yeah!!! Post some pics!
If you did that much tweaking I GOTTA see it