Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #256
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindeberg
Anyone having ideas how the BMW Original works compared to the bags from Touratech? The BMW bag looks very high, is it?
Yes. Do not buy the BMW tank bag under any circumstances. It is too high, impossible to access the map pocket and is not fully waterproof despite their claims. There are much better bags available. Touratech bags are expensive and not waterproof. I sold my BMW bag and bought the Wunderlich; much better.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #257
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,715
Wolfman small expedition tank bag... tried and true, doesn't get in the way of your balls when you move around, holds just enough stuff (unless you are a girl). Enough said lol
EnderTheX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:57 AM   #258
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman
Yes. Do not buy the BMW tank bag under any circumstances. It is too high, impossible to access the map pocket and is not fully waterproof despite their claims. There are much better bags available. Touratech bags are expensive and not waterproof. I sold my BMW bag and bought the Wunderlich; much better.
+1 on the Wunderlich - but it still needs a rain cover when the rain gets really heavy. the zippers will eventually leak otherwise.
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #259
GSranger
blacksheep

Oddometer: 83
Just bought my new Wunderlich tank bag at the Seattle international motorcycle show and I could not be happier. Mounts on and off easy and no exposed straps. It is designed specifically for the 800GS and there is a nice rain cover available for $25 with a clear top so you can still look at your map.
GSranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:23 AM   #260
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
Has anyone with the TT big tank on an F800GS managed to get the Kriega TANK to fit? It's a smidgin too small for the stock one and I'm hoping it'll fit the bigger tank...

I used to use this coupled with a US-20 tailpack to make an easily detachable, 100% waterproof tankbag on my SV and it was superb, despite only costing about 75 total.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #261
never.ride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Anyone try the new Giant Loop Fandango yet? Pics?

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/products/fandango-tank-bag
never.ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #262
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,098
Another Wunderlich tankbag ... better accessory

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSranger
Just bought my new Wunderlich tank bag ... Mounts on and off easy and no exposed straps. ...
I haven't installed mine yet, but looking at the installation sheet it looks like we have to undo one quick release clamp and two Velcro straps in the front plus one Velcro strap in the back before we pull the full tankbag length 'tongue' out? I guess it's sort of quick. Now I have to figure out where to store the rain cover....

Personally, I'm fonder of the other bit I got today, Wunderlich's horn guard. Finally no inadvertent honking the horn in parking lots! Cheap thrill for $20.
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mm5...Category_Code=
Old 01-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #263
Vstromjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Laugh Maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExciteBike
Nah, it won't flap, it's too stiff. Plus, it's pretty well out of the wind due to the windscreen. You're just trying to make yourself feel better again. Also, I haven't seen Cortech Tank Bags at WalMart. I don't even know where a WalMart is around here!

You're kind of stuck up there, WoodWorks... Turning out to be the classic BMW owner!
I kind of like the small bags, and saving money. The map thing doesn't bother me as I never look at mine while I am riding. I just stop, get out the map then put it back and go. I do the same when driving a cage. My girl friend inside my GPS tells me where to turn mostly. Saving money on tank bags means more $$ for beer and hot dogs.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #264
klarue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSranger
Just bought my new Wunderlich tank bag at the Seattle international motorcycle show and I could not be happier. Mounts on and off easy and no exposed straps. It is designed specifically for the 800GS and there is a nice rain cover available for $25 with a clear top so you can still look at your map.
Just got mine and will install this weekend. Totally psyched - looks like a very nice quality piece of merchandise!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #265
gsrichie
Adventum RC

Oddometer: 17
New style BMW Tank bag on fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
gsrichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #266
KLRscoob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
bag

Has anyone had one of these cortech bags on for any amount of time. I am liking the looks of it but hate how strapped bags will damage the bikes finish after they have been on for a while. Any info would be great.
thanks
-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz

I am very impressed with the Cortech SuperMini. Paid $50. Came with a rain cover. Connects like it was made for the bike. The bottom is very soft and seems like it will not scratch the paint at all. I can't believe the price of the Touratech or Wunderlich bags!

In honor of Gregory N. Millard
Son - Brother - Hero
KLRscoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #267
Dieselboy
Journey not Destination

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRscoob
Has anyone had one of these cortech bags on for any amount of time. I am liking the looks of it but hate how strapped bags will damage the bikes finish after they have been on for a while. Any info would be great.
thanks
-J
Been running one for several months. No noticeable issues to bike or bag. I blew out a seam trying to stuff in my ACER netbook and had it patched. Love the bag.
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #268
KLRscoob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
cool, thats enough info for me, I just dont want to damage my baby. thanks for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselboy
Been running one for several months. No noticeable issues to bike or bag. I blew out a seam trying to stuff in my ACER netbook and had it patched. Love the bag.

In honor of Gregory N. Millard
Son - Brother - Hero
KLRscoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #269
smeagol
Beemer Virgin

Oddometer: 100
Cortech Super Mini

Just picked mine up, here's how I mounted it:

Use the stock underseat strap, clip the ends off (i.e. cut out the sewn in loop and folded ends so it's just straight fresh nylon)

Go to an MEC or REI type store and pick up 2 double bar D-ring buckles (same as the sliding ones on the head straps)

Secure the new line to the mounting points, ensuring that the buckles are fairly close to the mounting points (the plastic under the seat has cavities moulded in, so there is plenty of room there. This avoids interfering with the latch that holds the seat on.

Get rid of the nylon extension on the underseat strap: (this is too bulky, makes it harder to latch and un-latch the seat, and is not necessary as none of the straps touch paint without it)

Voila! you have attached your bag securely, the seat doesn't notice it's there and you don't have zip ties all over the place

brum-brum!! I has a motorbikes!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #270
FatBuoy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Wunderlich tank bag. It looks to have everything I could ever want. My one concern is interference while standing when riding off-road. Can anyone speak to that please?
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote