User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #346
wetdog1965
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Tank Bag

I have a nelson rigg bag that worked great on my FJR 1300, but I have to use the backpack straps and a bungee to make it work on my F800. I like the bag but setting it up is a pain with straps everywhere. I saw a bag attachment thingy on twisted throttle. You attach a base plate to you tank and then the back snaps in and off real easy.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/2131/723/

They call it a gas tank mount and they say if will go on the f800gs. Has anyone ever tried this on the F800 or F650. I would really like to to see it up close.

Previous = Yamaha FJR 1300
Yamaha GS1100
Yamaha 750 Special
Honda XL 250
Suzuki 500
Honda XL 175
wetdog1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #347
wetdog1965
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Tank bag on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3_RE7QEOwc

Maybe a security issue, but it looks easy to take with you!

Previous = Yamaha FJR 1300
Yamaha GS1100
Yamaha 750 Special
Honda XL 250
Suzuki 500
Honda XL 175
wetdog1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #348
Bushwhacker
Dirt, Sweat & Gears

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetdog1965 View Post
I have a nelson rigg bag that worked great on my FJR 1300, but I have to use the backpack straps and a bungee to make it work on my F800. I like the bag but setting it up is a pain with straps everywhere. I saw a bag attachment thingy on twisted throttle. You attach a base plate to you tank and then the back snaps in and off real easy.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/2131/723/

They call it a gas tank mount and they say if will go on the f800gs. Has anyone ever tried this on the F800 or F650. I would really like to to see it up close.
I had one of these on my Tiger and thought it was a great bag.

The only way to mount it on the F800GS is to remove the center panel and drill and reinforce it so you can attach the mount.

I chose to use the Cortech Mini rather than do this.

Here is what it looked like mounted on the Tiger -

When you look like a rude, crude, scum sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions!
Bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #349
Pyranha7
Shiny Side Up, Right?

Oddometer: 15
Wolfman Enduro

I have a Wolfman Enduro that I ran power into directly from the ignition powerlet. Inside the tank bag I have a plug in for my iPhone and a "cigarette" lighter plug for my camera charger. It is a small bag, but I prefer that over some of the backpack-sized tank bags.

Photobucket

2010 BMW F800GS

South Park's 12th episode of their 13th season is proof that there is still some truth in television.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...e12-the-f-word
Pyranha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #350
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyranha7 View Post
I have a Wolfman Enduro that I ran power into directly from the ignition powerlet. Inside the tank bag I have a plug in for my iPhone and a "cigarette" lighter plug for my camera charger. It is a small bag, but I prefer that over some of the backpack-sized tank bags.

Cool bag, I have the small expedition tank bag from Wolfman and I really like it! The small expedition is waterproof (much more so than I originally expected but I never got anything wet inside even after leaving it outside in heavy rain for days).

Is the Enduro also waterproof? I couldn't find anything on their site...

Another thing I like about the small expedition is it is not too stiff but stiff enough to hold it's shape and not let rain in or stuff fall out. This means if I'm moving my body around in the rough stuff I can easily push it out of the way and it doesn't crush the nuts

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #351
Bayner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,457
Do you have any more pictures of it mounted Ender?
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 AM   #352
Pyranha7
Shiny Side Up, Right?

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX View Post
Cool bag, I have the small expedition tank bag from Wolfman and I really like it! The small expedition is waterproof (much more so than I originally expected but I never got anything wet inside even after leaving it outside in heavy rain for days).

Is the Enduro also waterproof? I couldn't find anything on their site...

Another thing I like about the small expedition is it is not too stiff but stiff enough to hold it's shape and not let rain in or stuff fall out. This means if I'm moving my body around in the rough stuff I can easily push it out of the way and it doesn't crush the nuts

It is not waterproof, though I have never had any water get inside. If it was submerged I am sure that it would let plenty of water in.

2010 BMW F800GS

South Park's 12th episode of their 13th season is proof that there is still some truth in television.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...e12-the-f-word
Pyranha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #353
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayner View Post
Do you have any more pictures of it mounted Ender?

Yep, here is one close from behind.

The mounting straps consist of two clip straps that are permanently mounted under the seat and the clips poke out at the front of the seat. The bag has a clip for each of these straps. You can see one of these clips clearly on the back left side of the bag in the picture.

There is a strap permanently attached to the front of the bag that wraps under the instrument cluster support tubes and then clips back into the bag. (You can kind of see this clip on the front left side of the bag)

The top of the bag has an interior strap across the top of the contents to help keep things tidy if you want. There are also two clips at the back of the top of the bag (seen in photo, unclipped) that mate to the bottom of the bag. I usually only keep the left side clipped and just loosely fit the top of the bag over the bottom, it hasn't opened up during any rough stuff yet, makes for quick one handed access with gloves for the camera, etc.

All in all the bag has very versatile mounting straps that should mount to any bike and it fits well to the F8. I'm very happy with the bag.

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #354
Moab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Question Cortech Mini instructions - strap mount - help

Hey all....feel like a goob for askin, but i cant figure out how to install the cortech super mini back on my 800gs....i have the bmw comfort seat, but i don't suppose that matters.
I bought the bag second hand, no instructions.... and everything i find on the net doesnt show what to attch it to under the seat .... or really around the handlebar post....

I know it should be easy :)

also, on of the straps has a different shaped clip than the other 2, cant see how it should buckle.

anyway, any help is appreciated.

'04 1150 GS
'09 KLR 650
'10 800gs
Moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #355
KnuckC
F8er

Oddometer: 199
Not a tank bag fan but finally had bit the bullet for practical reasons (easier access to camera) and bought the Fandango tank bag. A little expensive but fits like it was made for the bike. Looks great in black and doesn't interfere with seat key or my GPS mount, although does make insert of ignition key a little tight. Perfect size - wide open compartment with divider. Allows for easy install of custom foam.
KnuckC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #356
AKTroy
BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer: 2,211
Ive posted mine earlier but this more recent pic really shows how well the Courtech Mini fits the bike.

AKTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #357
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,358
+1 on cortech. not sure this is the mini, think it is the next size up.

loph917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #358
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass View Post
I need a new one. The one I have been using for years flops from side to side and drives me crazy...but it has a pocket on the ass end that I leave open where I can pop the camera in and out very easy. I need a stiffee with a map pocket..not too big just need cellphone and small stuff up front..Ideas I have been looking around...but the camera pouch I dont find on tank bags...

floppy...but you see the ass pouch! very nifty!
I had a Wolfman on my monster and then on the 658. However, there is a flaw with the way the harness if MFGd. If you pull one of the lines through the holder the bag/strap systems is forever FuXXX0r3d. I went w/the Wunderlich faux tank bag. While it holds far less than my Wolfman, it at least has a consistent perch on the bike and on/off action doesnt scratch the snot out of the faux tank.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #359
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
who's got a tank bag on the TT tank?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #360
moist
Thaumaturgist

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktroy View Post
ive posted mine earlier but this more recent pic really shows how well the courtech mini fits the bike.

pm'd ya!