Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #436
1994klr250
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
I really wish I had gone with the wolfman. I bought a wolman medium duffel and it is awesome. Totally durable and waterproof. I bought the GL fandango, which looks great on the bike, but it leaks like a sieve even after a whole tube of seam sealer.
Yea, the top picture with the small tank bag is from a 7,000 mile ride I did in August 2011. At that time the only thing wolfman I had was the tank bag. I had the Giant loop bag on the back and even with it being seam sealed things still got wet on the inside. I ended up picking up a wolfman medium duffel as well for my next trip and was really impressed with it. After that I went all wolfman on the bike for luggage. The dry expedition saddle bags in the bottom picture are the latest addition.

1994 KLR250, 2009 F800GS, 2006 KLX351
1994klr250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #437
macbethandbanquo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Read this entire thread and considered all the pros and cons of the right bag for my 2012 F650GS.
The one I finally decided on is the RKA Pine Flat 13 liter with 4 attach points. At $155 it seems a great bag. I've never seen one on a bike and almost pulled the trigger on a Touratech except when I got to the price it doesn't seem justifiable.
I'll probably order the RKA this week. Has a 30 day return, so I'm cofortBle with that.
My thought process brought me from Wolfman Express or Small Expedition Then Wunderlich. GL Fandango and BMW too. Touratech looked very good
In the end I want a NEAT clean look on the bike. Lots of talk on the Cortech Superminis. Looked great but not robust enough for me.
Thanks guys for all the first hand research.
macbethandbanquo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #438
Fré
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
F800gs Tank bag...got one you like? tell us about it!

After a few weeks of elaborate researching I bit the bullet, and I am now extremely happy with the Touratech Daytrip! Don't like the big ones they have at our shop, but it has to hold more than just my wallet and phone.
I equipped it with Powerlet accessories and some 12V to USB connectors to charge my Iphone and camera and evryone else's :-D
In the mean time I added some scotchguard protective sheet to the tank and side panels, damn was it a hassle until I came up with the hairdryer to let the isopropyl alcohol activate the glue and soften the foil. Came out perfect after all, curious as to how well it will hold up to dirt and frequent washing...

Fré screwed with this post 12-23-2013 at 08:42 AM
Fré is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #439
Latka303
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I ordered Cortech Super 2.0 8-Liter Strap Mounted Tank Bag. Any experience with this bag for F800GS?
Cortech Super 2.0 8-Liter Strap Mounted Tank Bag
Latka303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #440
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
http://giantloopmoto.com/products/bu...-bag-complete/

I used the small Wolfman on my COBDR trip last year-no room for the brothers on the longish uphill grades! I tried the 1st Gen Buckin Roll, just didn't fit proper so I upgraded to the GenII bag. Fit is as perfect as I can imagine and the center pouch will be removable for my upcoming AZ/UTBDR trip in March!! I'm going to add a pass through SAE plug to the left pouch to work as a charging station for cameras and whatnot, right side will be my catch all and shield cleaning kit.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #441
fsiul17
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Nelson Rigg

Got a Nelson Rigg CL 1050, for my birthday! ......great bag....and only $65...... is a 15 lt expandable to 21lt .

fsiul17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #442
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Giant Loop Diablo.

I hate tank bags, but the GL is one I can stomach. I have actually grown to like it.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #443
JRose
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Giant Loop Diablo.

I hate tank bags, but the GL is one I can stomach. I have actually grown to like it.
JRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #444
LeeBransgrove
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Not a tank bang but.....

I know this is a tank bag thread but I didn't want to put a tank bag on because I didn't want to scuff up my fake tank, so I came up with this idea.
Attached Images

LeeBransgrove is offline   Reply With Quote