Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #46
thelouv
ocd

Oddometer: 105
Hey Woodworks, you can tell Miguel @ Santa Cruz that you are the one responsible for me placing my sub $600 order today. Got me some Wunderlich crash bars coming and a few other goodies. Wanted more but it's not all available yet. To keep this thread on track, I too would like a Wunderlich bag when they are available.
Triumph Rocket III (sold)
F800GS (got mine)
Next? Duc 1098 ADV? nope,
went back to a Jeep, and still lovin the GS
thelouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #47
zaner32
In over my head

Oddometer: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouv
Hey Woodworks, you can tell Miguel @ Santa Cruz that you are the one responsible for me placing my sub $600 order today. Got me some Wunderlich crash bars coming and a few other goodies. Wanted more but it's not all available yet. To keep this thread on track, I too would like a Wunderlich bag when they are available.
Just to keep this thread off track for a couple of more posts...

I was planning on ordrering the Wunderlich crash bars. Would you mind sharing what they cost you?
zaner32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #48
WoodWorks
House Ape

Oddometer: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouv
Hey Woodworks, you can tell Miguel @ Santa Cruz that you are the one responsible for me placing my sub $600 order today
Cool! Do you think that'll get me a discount on my bag?

David

I'm tryin' ta think, but nuttin' happens!
--Curly
WoodWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #49
MonsterJ
I have motopsychosis

Oddometer: 262
Marsee 10L teardrop

I pounced on a Marsee close out sale at New Enough (great prices, great peeps, no affiliation) and got a couple of the Marsee tank bags. I think they're on sale for ~$85 for the 10L quick release models. I plan on running power to it and installing a Starcom Advance, Icom two-way radio, and an XMP3 inside each one of them.

Pros:
- I love the see thru top. Great for maps or seeing the volume/channel/freq
- Waterproof
- Wire feed thrus allow most of the wiring to stay in the bottom section while just the goodies are in view in the top.
- Organizer in top of main compartment.

Cons:
- The bag zips to the base and if there's nothing being stored between the base and bag keeping the zipper under tension it can flop around a bit. To tighten it up I put a small micro fleece towl I use for cleaning my visor in there or (as depicted) I used two small bungie cords to take out some of the slack.
- It is a little too tall for my tastes. I'm a stubby 5'7" and even with the low seat I can still see the instruments just fine.... but it seems just a little large for off roadin'.

Overall.. a great bag. I can't wait to get all the electronics wired up. ...that'll be a its own thread.
Attached Images

Temple, TX -> Cape May, NJ -> Mobile, AL -> ECity, NC -> Kodiak, AK -> Mobile, AL -> Sacto, CA -> Cape Cod, MA -> New London, CT -> San Francisco, CA -> Juneau, AK (summer of '13) -> where to next?
MonsterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:07 AM   #50
RobTheRigger
Thread Killer

Oddometer: 673
I'm thinking about the Bags-Connection "Engage" or "City" doing the Twisted Throttle faux tank mod here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/artic...view/178/1/18/

Or using a Pelican case, like here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=thinking (HTC, you started this one...)

-Rob
I can imagine a no more rewarding career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy." JFK

"I rode a lot of dirt bikes when I was younger, so I trust the chain and sprockets more than that newfangled voodoo shaft stuff!" DolphinJohn
RobTheRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #51
JakeCWU
The Notorious H.O.G.

Oddometer: 280
I've got a bags connection enduro on order. I'll post the details when (if) it arrives.

G-

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/ezima...27-350x350.jpg
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #52
Fireman
Shazaam!

Oddometer: 97
Thumb Wolfman!

I had the Wolfman enduro on my smaller dual-purpose, and when I brought the 800GS home I switched it over right away. I tell you, it fits perfect! The slope of the bag is perfect, the straps look like they are made specifically for this bike, and the way the straps route is so clean I can't imagine how it could fit better. In fact, they are invisible as they immediately slip under the seat cushion and loop around brackets that are easily accessible. Plus, the colors of Wolfman look badass on a black and yellow GS! For the record, the bag is smallish but is completely out of the way when you want to stand up on the pegs. I'd have to recommend Wolfman over anything else I've seen.
Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:58 AM   #53
WoodWorks
House Ape

How about some pix, Fireman? From all angles. How does the ignition key fit? How wide is the map pocket, and how easy (or hard) is it to slide a folded map into it? I've torn more maps trying to shoehorn them into map packets designed by morons than I care to count. How do the straps attach, and how much hassle is it to remove the bag? Info, man. Info!

David

--Curly
Old 12-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #54
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,517
Cortech Super Mini Tank Bag

I finally got the Cortech Super Mini tank bag to work by sewing on my own Velcro straps and then joining them under the to shelter. Just the right size and holds my Ipod, water bottle, energy bars, plexi cleaner and chain oil along with a mini led light etc. Just right for what I need.

10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #55
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks
How about some pix, Fireman? From all angles. How does the ignition key fit? How wide is the map pocket, and how easy (or hard) is it to slide a folded map into it? I've torn more maps trying to shoehorn them into map packets designed by morons than I care to count. How do the straps attach, and how much hassle is it to remove the bag? Info, man. Info!

David
David. Has that Wunderlich bag arrived yet?
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #56
WoodWorks
House Ape

Nope. I've been trying to call BMW Santa Cruz all day today for an update, but they aren't answering their phones. And ALL of the Wunderlich items have disappeared from their list of F800 farkles. If it were riding season around here, I would have given up on them a long time ago.

David

--Curly
Old 12-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #57
M N B
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks
Nope. I've been trying to call BMW Santa Cruz all day today for an update ... ALL of the Wunderlich items have disappeared from their list of F800 farkles.
They don't handle Wunderlich anymore. http://www.wunderlichamerica.com will be the new place to go.

Basically, the old owners sold the shop and are opening up a retail/online Wunderlich shop, which is not ready yet.
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #58
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,095
I just put the 'too tall BMW tankbag' through a rain storm the other day and everything stayed dry. 30 miles in a steady downpour and it worked as advertised. It is big. It looks odd and it gets in the way when I stand up but only to the point that my jacket hits and I'm reminded it's there. It doesn't prevent me from moving my weight forward. To all other concerns about seeing instruments or GPS or interfering with the outlet or key ... no problem, except the Zumo part, but I have mine on a RAM arm to position better. If I ride to the Yukon next summer I'll have the BMW bag mounted but I can see having another less cumbersome bag for daily use.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:24 AM   #59
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Swan
I just put the 'too tall BMW tankbag' through a rain storm the other day and everything stayed dry. 30 miles in a steady downpour and it worked as advertised. It is big. It looks odd and it gets in the way when I stand up but only to the point that my jacket hits and I'm reminded it's there. It doesn't prevent me from moving my weight forward. To all other concerns about seeing instruments or GPS or interfering with the outlet or key ... no problem, except the Zumo part, but I have mine on a RAM arm to position better. If I ride to the Yukon next summer I'll have the BMW bag mounted but I can see having another less cumbersome bag for daily use.
+1 Mine doesn't obstruct the view of the GPS either (TT mount), but it is fugly, like a top hat. I'm not going to get rid of it, but I see a Wolfman in my future.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #60
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Swan
Mine leaked after 5 hours in torrential rain and being, how shall we put it, full of figure it got in my way sat down. Found the front attachments a little 'hit-and-miss' when detaching the bag too. The worst thing about the bag though was trying to get a map in the map pocket. Piss-poor design IMHO. Sold mine on ebay (for nearly as much as I paid).
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote