Oddometer: 4,612
For you former KLR riders. $10 courtesy of American Tourister

itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #94
robhar54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Touratech VP45

At the Sjaak Lucassen/Doris Weidemann Touratech event Feb 3 Doris had a Touratech VP45 tank bag/tank pannier combo fitted on her F800GS. I haven't seen it listed on the TT website specifically for the F800GS, but maybe it's adaptable...?

I think she said she was using a TT AV pocket instead of the tank bag. This approach allows more leg clearance--doesn't interfere when standing on the pegs.

For those that don't know, Sjaak (on a R1) and Doris (on a F800GS) are riding from Key West, FL to Prudhoe Bay, AK--in the winter!

Rob in Seattle
Old 02-08-2009, 01:50 AM   #95
mrpete64
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
snap on 800 GS tankbag from Twisted Throttle

Twisted Throttle is bring out a tank bag setup that will use their ring clip. Nice bags...no straps...should be a good choice for an 800 GS/650 GS.
Saw this idea at the NYC bike show. I understand that they will have it out very soon.

Mr. Pete--->
aging hippie
mrpete64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:59 AM   #96
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpete64
Twisted Throttle is bring out a tank bag setup that will use their ring clip. Nice bags...no straps...should be a good choice for an 800 GS/650 GS.
Saw this idea at the NYC bike show. I understand that they will have it out very soon.

Mr. Pete--->
aging hippie
This?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/1859/723/
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #97
Betelgeuse
Don't Panic

Oddometer: 214
American Tourister?

Now that looks like what I'm looking for..... clean and secure mounting (is that 3 or 4 point?) plus a clear view of the guages and GPS. Where do you get one of those puppies?
Betelgeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #98
Trout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Mistake

So I bought a rapid-transit Big City Strap - it doesn't fit well at all. It's going back.

Ordered a Wolfman Rainer that should be here Monday or Tuesday. I anticipate better fit/results with this bag.
Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #99
cisco
old fat guy

Oddometer: 277
Question Wunderlick

So. Has anybody bought the Wunderlick tank bag. Any reviews?
cisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #100
Downer
Downer

Oddometer: 210
Wunderlich Tankbag

I ordered one from the German website about a month ago. It is on back order. I and was told it would be shipping around the end of the Feb. Still have not received it but have a couple of weeks before the before the weather cooperates and I get into rides where I need it. I will probably follow up this week for a new estimated shipping date. Since they are on back order here I would be surprised if they are available in the US.
Downer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #101
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdowning
I ordered one from the German website about a month ago. It is on back order. I and was told it would be shipping around the end of the Feb. Still have not received it but have a couple of weeks before the before the weather cooperates and I get into rides where I need it. I will probably follow up this week for a new estimated shipping date. Since they are on back order here I would be surprised if they are available in the US.
This bag looks like it'll be great. The only things I'm not wild about are the colour of the lining (and that's a real minor issue) and the fact that it narrows so much towards the rear. I like to carry all my travel documents in a folder when touring and I'm not convinced it'll fit. Let us know the outcome of your follow-up.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #102
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,787
Yeah, the Wunderlich tankbag for the F800GS seems to be the best available as of yet. The Touratech ones come in second for me, but have some minor designs flaws: not waterproof, strap connection points to the bike, etc.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #103
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz
Yeah, the Wunderlich tankbag for the F800GS seems to be the best available as of yet. The Touratech ones come in second for me, but have some minor designs flaws: not waterproof, strap connection points to the bike, etc.
Strange as they're both manufactured by Kahedo
Old 03-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #104
Downer
Downer

Oddometer: 210
It arrived today

Quote:
The Wunderlich bag arrived today. Didn't have a chance to put it on but it seems like a solid well constructed piece of equipment. At least now if you are interested you know they are being shipped.
Downer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #105
WoodWorks
House Ape

Oddometer: 2,204
Quote:
The Wunderlich bag arrived today. Didn't have a chance to put it on but it seems like a solid well constructed piece of equipment. At least now if you are interested you know they are being shipped.
Lots and lots of pix, please.

David

I'm tryin' ta think, but nuttin' happens!
--Curly
WoodWorks is offline   Reply With Quote