ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #91
bonegrl
n00biest of n00bs

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmar
What kinda bike?
You mean what am I getting or are you giving me shit about making a bad joke about a bicycle?

We were looking at a BMW F650GS, but I am now leaning towards a Suzuki V-Strom 650. I went and sat on one today and it seemed very comfortable height wise and weight wise. Now to decide if that is what I want and which color.
bonegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #92
sandmar
llama llama..rabbit

Oddometer: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonegrl
You mean what am I getting or are you giving me shit about making a bad joke about a bicycle?

We were looking at a BMW F650GS, but I am now leaning towards a Suzuki V-Strom 650. I went and sat on one today and it seemed very comfortable height wise and weight wise. Now to decide if that is what I want and which color.
Nope ,was an honest question about what kinda bike you were looking for. I have a 04 black Wee-Strom. No complaints from me.I really like this bike. Don't think you would go wrong there,but try as many as you get a chance,bikes are definitely not,one size fits all.
sandmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #93
bonegrl
n00biest of n00bs

Oh that I do know. The only problem I find is that though I am 5'8", my inseam is average for a girl I guess and some bikes are just too tall. I can't even reach the ground on the hubby's DRZ400. So far the V-Strom is the most comfortable. We are going to go hard-core shopping when he gets home next month.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #94
sandmar
llama llama..rabbit

Quote:
Oh that I do know. The only problem I find is that though I am 5'8", my inseam is average for a girl I guess and some bikes are just too tall. I can't even reach the ground on the hubby's DRZ400. So far the V-Strom is the most comfortable. We are going to go hard-core shopping when he gets home next month.
Hope you find what you are looking for soon.Should make for a great Christmas gift The Strom is comfortable for me,but I am 6'1" and old and fat so YMMV.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:40 AM   #95
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,597
Quote:

Don't let the inseam decide which bike you buy. You can lower almost everything very easily. Anyway, you only need to put one foot down, just ask GaDualSport... he's like an elf (albeit an extremely talented elf) and rides a KTM 950.

But yeah, Stroms are great bikes and I would own one today if I had not come across my Tiger.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:03 AM   #96
bonegrl
n00biest of n00bs

Talking Thread jacking

Oh it is going to be a nice Thanksgiving present! I plan on trying as many bikes that I can, but so far between the DRZ400 and the other dirt bike I sat on, the V Strom seems to be the best fit. The hubby talked about possible lowering his bike for me, but I think that was just a way for him to get a new bike.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #97
sandmar
llama llama..rabbit

Quote:
Oh it is going to be a nice Thanksgiving present! I plan on trying as many bikes that I can, but so far between the DRZ400 and the other dirt bike I sat on, the V Strom seems to be the best fit. The hubby talked about possible lowering his bike for me, but I think that was just a way for him to get a new bike.

Smart man
Old 10-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #98
SR1
I'm a Seoul Man...

Oddometer: 4,276
I may or may not figure out the tag, I think I'm really close, but since I'm not a local, I'm having some difficulty figuring it out. We'll see.
SR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #99
kdscoates OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1
I may or may not figure out the tag, I think I'm really close, but since I'm not a local, I'm having some difficulty figuring it out. We'll see.
find it brother we need that tag back up here!!!
another clue is the rivri that it damns to make this lake is the same river on the state line all the way to fla!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #100
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,597
Here's another clue. This is what you see when you look off the high end of the damn:

flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #101
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,670
What's up with you guys and the damn damn, I mean dam? SR
Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #102
sandmar
llama llama..rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
What's up with you guys and the damn damn, I mean dam? SR

Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #103
SDS
introverted excavator

Oddometer: 932
I know where it's at......won't have a chance to go get it though.
SDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #104
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,857
This game is stupid, I don't want to play it anymore.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #105
SR1
I'm a Seoul Man...

Oddometer: 4,276
Ok, I got it, kinda. I left too late, and all my pics are in the dark. I couldn't get a shot of the dam from the same point as the tag owner, so I technically failed...the gate was shut at sundown and I was there with my "standing in the corona of the sun" Hella's on full blast. I DID get a shot of the lit-up power station, but not of the dam like Flux.

Second issue, I am heading SOUTH over the weekend, not north. If you guys grant me a tag on this (I'll give the pics if you want them, or you can declare them as invalid, it's ok), the tag will likely head south.

So, it is up to you guys, I'll let you ring in before I show the pics so you can just "reset" the tag or take my submission, knowing the tag will likely go to another part of the state. Let me know what you'd like. :)
SR1 is offline   Reply With Quote