ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #46
BrandonR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
I just saw the Barometer, it's front page news, a line around the block for free Burritos.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #47
oregonlmd
Dirt,street,its all good.

Oddometer: 160
Another Corvallis rider ready to go. Recently acquired a KLR650. Ride dirt and street. Its damned cold right now, but am up to finding a good excuse to ride most anywhere, anything, any time.
Most likely will be riding Flat Mountain (WR426) on Saturday ,the 2nd to last day this year those trails will be open to permit holders if there are any of you on this list.
oregonlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #48
KLR PILGRIM
SICK ASS ADVENTURE RIDER.

Oddometer: 863
CRESWELL AREA signing in, I took a small group from the Corvallis area to day up Champion Creek trail to the Bohemia Ghost town. We got about 200 yards away from the private property rd into the Ghost town and got turned back by frozen snow. A solid sheet of ICE about 1/2 mile long all the way up to Fair view look out. So we too pics from there and went with plan B. Search for all the water Falls in the area. We ended up at Parker falls Wild Wood Falls Sharps creek and many more.
The only bad thing was um mm sort of cold and I went down on my new 09 in the snow and ice. (No damage to the KLR650) and my Knee is only twice the size as it was this morning be for we took off. I will post some pics if they ever get the attachment thing straightened out.
Was !hell of an awesome day.........
2009KLR650,Blue
2007KLR650 Red Sold
1975XL350 sold
2007 pontoon boat
2007 Gun Dog,
KLR PILGRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #49
E-Bum OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fowl Monkey
CRESWELL AREA signing in, I took a small group from the Corvallis area to day up Champion Creek trail to the Bohemia Ghost town. We got about 200 yards away from the private property rd into the Ghost town and got turned back by frozen snow. A solid sheet of ICE about 1/2 mile long all the way up to Fair view look out. So we too pics from there and went with plan B. Search for all the water Falls in the area. We ended up at Parker falls Wild Wood Falls Sharps creek and many more.
The only bad thing was um mm sort of cold and I went down on my new 09 in the snow and ice. (No damage to the KLR650) and my Knee is only twice the size as it was this morning be for we took off. I will post some pics if they ever get the attachment thing straightened out.
Was !hell of an awesome day.........
I'm looking forward to those 09 pics. How do you like it? How are the brakes?

I'm still currently being destroyed by school. I may try to go out for a ride after finals and before I head back for Portland for winter break. Hopefully it won't be too cold or rainy. Crossing my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonlmd
Another Corvallis rider ready to go. Recently acquired a KLR650. Ride dirt and street. Its damned cold right now, but am up to finding a good excuse to ride most anywhere, anything, any time.
Most likely will be riding Flat Mountain (WR426) on Saturday ,the 2nd to last day this year those trails will be open to permit holders if there are any of you on this list.
I won't be in town on Saturday anyways so I wouldn't be able to make it, but I will be looking out for you around Corvallis. Flat Mountain looks like a good ride. I was thinking sometime in the spring would be a good time to do a peaks ride and do all the peaks in the Alsea area. Flat Mountain, Green Peak, Prarie Mountain and maybe some others.

E-Bum screwed with this post 11-27-2008 at 12:55 PM
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #50
KLR PILGRIM

if you end up at alsea falls the gate is closed and lock , but there is room on both sides of the gate to get around it with little effort. FYI if you go to the lower parking lot and over the little bridge and then down the trail that leads to the left. its a blast but its very tight. I loved every minute of it. It goes way back there and you will see some great water features...
The Road leaving the falls is one of my favorite.... But be warned that this time of year the road can be very slimy with all the decaying leaves.... Have fun.
2009KLR650,Blue
2007KLR650 Red Sold
1975XL350 sold
2007 pontoon boat
2007 Gun Dog,
Old 11-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #51
oregonlmd
Dirt,street,its all good.

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Bum
I won't be in town on Saturday anyways so I wouldn't be able to make it, but I will be looking out for you around Corvallis. Flat Mountain looks like a good ride. I was thinking sometime in the spring would be a good time to do a peaks ride and do all the peaks in the Alsea area. Flat Mountain, Green Peak, Prarie Mountain and maybe some others.
That'd be a great theme for a ride. I'll be out riding with two others up on Flat Mountain today who would go, one who has a KLR650, one a Tengai. They'd be way up for that.
I'm originally from SW Oregon, know that area really well. I've been dreaming up a multi-day paved/dirt loop for next spring that'd start in the Grants Pass area, touch the Cal/Oregon border at the coast, ride through the mountains 3 times, and give everyone plenty of opportunity to try to touch hard parts down on paved twisties if that's your bag (its mine). It'd all loop back to the start point if that was required of the group.

Looking forward to riding with the Corvallis contingent...
oregonlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #52
KLR PILGRIM

Damn that sounds like a great time. I bet some of the Eugene area riders would be down on that ride..........lots of twisties,yummie...
2009KLR650,Blue
2007KLR650 Red Sold
1975XL350 sold
2007 pontoon boat
2007 Gun Dog,
Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #53
Makalu
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,830
Another Corvallis rider checking in. I ride a red 1100GS with a red 'Stitch. Most of my riding these days is commuting back and forth to DPSST in Salem a few times a month. It's definitely getting to be that time of year for electric clothing.
Makalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #54
E-Bum OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalu
Another Corvallis rider checking in. I ride a red 1100GS with a red 'Stitch. Most of my riding these days is commuting back and forth to DPSST in Salem a few times a month. It's definitely getting to be that time of year for electric clothing.
Black side bags? Could it have been you I saw riding into Corvallis last Wednesday evening as all the students made their pilgrimmage out of Corvallis?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #55
Makalu
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Bum
Black side bags? Could it have been you I saw riding into Corvallis last Wednesday evening as all the students made their pilgrimmage out of Corvallis?
Wasn't me. Although I do have black factory bags.
Makalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #56
hitthedirt
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Another Mechanical Signing In...

This is a little creepy. I'm also a ME at OSU, I'm in my first senior year. I ride around on an 08 Husqy TE450, and I'm always looking to get out of class and onto some good dirt roads. We probably walk by each other fairly regularly...

Good to hear others are around, me and my dad go for rides every so often, he's on a Husky TE610 that's parked by an office on 9th and Monroe every once in a while.

Maybe I'll see you around Rogers,

Colin
hitthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #57
FlyingDirt
???

Oddometer: 8
Another Corvallis Husky

Just moving out of the lurker mode. It looks like there are a good number of Corvallis area riders. I have been watching the Salem group plan and make trips but riding on pavement all the way to Salem or further doesn't sound that fun. It would be great to have some rides starting closer to home.

hitthedirt and I are going for a short ride tomorrow (Wednesday) to the west side of Mary's Peak. We are leaving Corvallis (9th and Monroe) at 2PM if anyone is interested. Should be back before it is totally dark. May take Yew Creek Road.
Grab life by the horns and let it fall on you.
FlyingDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #58
E-Bum OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitthedirt
This is a little creepy. I'm also a ME at OSU, I'm in my first senior year. I ride around on an 08 Husqy TE450, and I'm always looking to get out of class and onto some good dirt roads. We probably walk by each other fairly regularly...

Good to hear others are around, me and my dad go for rides every so often, he's on a Husky TE610 that's parked by an office on 9th and Monroe every once in a while.

Maybe I'll see you around Rogers,

Colin
Well then you will understand completely when I say I can't come out and ride tomorrow because of f**cking ME 382!! Haha... goddamn that project.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #59
KLR PILGRIM

what is M.e???
2009KLR650,Blue
2007KLR650 Red Sold
1975XL350 sold
2007 pontoon boat
2007 Gun Dog,
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #60
alainmax
ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer: 614
Mechanical Engeneering ....I know, my son talks to me like that too.!!!