Arai Tour X owners

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Tee Dee Mmm, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Tee Dee Mmm

Tee Dee Mmm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am upgrading from my Zeuss to an Arai Tour X3 which is on order and due in about 2 weeks but went in yesterday to one of our large national franchises and was looking at a Shoei Hornet, i was approached by the accessories manager and asked some questions about the Hornet and asked if they stocked the Arai and he replied that they no longer keep the Arai Tour X due to the problems the owners have with fittings such as vents falling off and peaks and visors falling off and no longer wanted to cop abuse from customers with these problems!

Have any of you guys that own Tour X had any of these problems? or is he full of it?

Cheers
  2. Rick001

Rick001 Never too old

Oddometer:
    Had my Arai Tour X for over a year now - have a huge problem with it getting dirty (might be something to do with where I ride :lol3 )

Have not had a problem with it at all.
    • Vents are not loose - have never fallen off.
    • Peak could never fall off (unless I forgot to tighten the screws)
    I would buy another one tomorrow without hesitation

Me thinks he might be full of :topes - But this is only my opinion
  3. JustAL

JustAL Let's go!

Oddometer:
    Nope....and I've fallen off a few times. McLeods is probably giving him a better deal than Cassons.
  4. mcguyver

mcguyver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had mine for 2 years 25000klms mostly off road, sometimes skidding along the road :rofl and have had no probs. Me thinks margins might be better in Shoe for your dealer.
  5. Oldfatbeerman

Oldfatbeerman Enroute to a PUB

Oddometer:
    Ditto !!!!!!!!!! In fact last night I was in MCA in Sidinee and they have Tour - X ( Old model run out ) on special for $ 699 , I was tempted to get one and put it away till the one I`m wearing has died but alas they only have black left and I dont need my brains fried in our deserts when its a bit warm , I like white helmets so I left with my plastic mostly in tact. I only spent $ 140 on a pair of nylons that go outside and over my boots and zip off at the knees to turn into shorts once the bike is parked at the campsite :thumb.

Cheers Alan
  6. Tee Dee Mmm

Tee Dee Mmm Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was my feeling at the time so i thought i would ask the question.

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

Cheers Rick
  7. oziexplorer

oziexplorer fugarewe tribe member

Oddometer:
    I've got one.
    Love it.
    No problems thus far.
  8. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had it 3 years but only about 30K. (I used to do more that each year!) The cheek pads are wearing from all the smiling, I think they are available seperately..... can I suggest you refer the comments on to the arai distributor? I know I'd been told all types of BS when I was trying to buy mine, I eventually called the distributor directly, got put on to the regional rep then eventually a dealer who could supply one. My biggest concern was ordering one that didn't fit properly but I was assured the dealer could just return the lid if it didn't fit.

I'll be buying another if / when this one ever wears out / does its job....
  9. thecanoeguy

thecanoeguy just a yobbo from oz

Oddometer:
    alaska to colombia everyday for 9 months and yes i think the guy must be full of shit ,its a great helmet ,got sick of bees and wasps flying inside my moto x helmet ,there are a few doing a similiar thing these days
  10. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

+1 Love mine and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, even at the full price if I had to.
  11. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Had mine for 2 years, and while the screws for the visor and peak annoy the shit out of me (Arai, you can do better!) the helmet itself has been faultless.
    I'd buy another tomorrow. And white is the best colour for visibility and heat management.
  12. Mr Ogmore

Mr Ogmore no u

Oddometer:
    had mine for 6 months, totally abused it and showed it no respect at all and it looks as good as new seems like a good product to me, definately doesnt feel like your average made in china plastic used on it
  13. Billy.B.F.

Billy.B.F. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2 years & no dramas - though I might be tempted to get two helmets instead next time - but that's in no way related to the helmet's quality etc.
  14. Kels316

Kels316 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm gettin' in late, but still calling BULLSHIT on this...

Never had those problems and I ride 100km a day in my XD3 - also had a few dirt road offs in it and nothing has fallen off (the helmet).

I looked at the Shoei too but the Arai fit me better - I'm glad it did!:clap
  15. minusone

minusone Long timer

Oddometer:
    "Support the industry"
    "Buy local and enjoy the benefits"

What crap

The sooner the added expense of dealers and salesmen are gone from the delivery chain the better. There is enough info on the net to be far better informed than any local salesman I have come across.

=================

Oh and by the way out of the 6 current helmets I own the Arai TourX has been the best fit, aerodynamic and hard wearing of all.
  16. Autostream

Autostream Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another vote here.
  17. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Buy the one that fit's you best.

But maybe buy from someone that's not full of shit.

No probs at all with my Arai - nor any of the Arai that I've bought over the years, luv em.
  18. The Duck 01

The Duck 01 Tigerman

Oddometer:
    I've got an XD and have done 28000k's around Aussie with mine and it fell to bits.Yes all the stitching around the helmet let go and the foam fell out.
    I also had to tape wooden coffee stirrer sticks on the peak to stop it flapping.

To the imports favour back in NZ they fixed it with new parts, But the wear factor on a top line helmet is not that good.I've had a Shoei road helmet for years and it's still good.

I've just arrived home from another short trip to Aussie doing 5500k's in 2 weeks using a DS Hornet and i must say the Hornet wins.

As i said Curved Ball.:eek1
  19. Kels316

Kels316 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Slightly off topic, but +1 for idiot local salesmen!

Was sniffing around a beemer joint in the ACT this week (I'm not going to name it), checking out the R2P suits (saw they are running out old ones on ebay quite cheap). The "sales" dude cruises over to see if I need help... "Nah, just checking out your suits" says me... :evil

We make some small talk and he tells me "oh yeah, these suits are great, I use one myself". I ask him "do you ever take the sleeves off" and he lays this on me: "the sleeves dont come off"... :eek1 Cool as, I reply "oh, I thought they did?" - he fires right back at me with this "nah mate, they dont". Pure GOLD!:lol3

About 30 seconds later he then drops this bomb (talking about the "city" pants) - "yeah, I think these have, like, kevlar and stuff in them". :clap

Oh man, by this point I'm loving this guy - he is a complete and utter dickhead with no idea about the product he is selling! I wander around to scope out the new F800GS and then get the f*ck out of there. Can you imagine the after sales service you would get in that joint?

BTW - this is an older guy, maybe in his 40s.

Anyway, it's caveat emptor in Canberra dudes!
  20. The Duck 01

The Duck 01 Tigerman

Oddometer:
    DS Hornet on the job Aussie DR Trip 08 107.JPG Ride report to come soon:D