ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #18241
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.
 
internalcombust's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Middle TN.
Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewillsmith View Post
Are you Spike?
.

It will not stop.
__________________
2012 Tiger 800XC
04 DRZ400S
79 GL1000 basket case
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #18242
RapidTransit
Adventurer
 
RapidTransit's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Monson,Maine
Oddometer: 68
Name:  nyc dude.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  195.8 KBSaw thies guy the same day,said he was headed to Labrador and was staying in Lily Bay Campground.Suggested he poach the Golden Rd.Wonder how he made out.
RapidTransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #18243
Tslapper
#!
 
Tslapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Mainely here
Oddometer: 6,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTransit View Post
Attachment 255401Saw thies guy the same day,said he was headed to Labrador and was staying in Lily Bay Campground.Suggested he poach the Golden Rd.Wonder how he made out.

If he got by the gate, I'd estimate 3-4 miles before sticking a tire with a rock.

Wouldn't that be a nice ride up through there though. Could spend a week exploring.
Tslapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #18244
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTransit View Post
I rode out in that area last year and only noticed no atv signs,nothing about motor bikes.Maybe I didn't look close enough...
the usual sign is white rectangle with top saying "Private Road 35 mph"
then smaller words saying no motorcycles or dirtbikes that can't be read unless you stop to read it... then verbage at bottom about atv trails..

but near the west end is atv trails so I was thinking of just going out past the buffalo farm...
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #18245
RapidTransit
Adventurer
 
RapidTransit's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Monson,Maine
Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
If he got by the gate, I'd estimate 3-4 miles before sticking a tire with a rock.

Wouldn't that be a nice ride up through there though. Could spend a week exploring.
The south gate hasn't been open in years,cruised right through over Abol,dont know if it was legal or not!
RapidTransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #18246
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,697
Jo-Mary/ Millinocket area?

Anyone ride the Jo-Mary, South Twin, B-Pond Ragged lake area on their bikes?
Looking to possibly do that this year with a few friends and my wife.
Just don't want to tread on thin ice (ride where we don't belong) I know the Golden Road is off limits but .......

It will be with our dual sport bikes and not ATVs or dirt bikes.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #18247
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubRsidedown View Post
Anyone ride the Jo-Mary, South Twin, B-Pond Ragged lake area on their bikes?
Looking to possibly do that this year with a few friends and my wife.
Just don't want to tread on thin ice (ride where we don't belong) I know the Golden Road is off limits but .......

It will be with our dual sport bikes and not ATVs or dirt bikes.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jo Mary area is run by GNW and there is a gate on the way in...gated on the KI road from Greenville too....
Nahmakanta area is state owned and may be legal atv area but you would have to trailer it in.....also Seboeis Lake area on the other side of Rt11 is ridable....

http://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/....pl?park_id=60

http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/programs/prl.html
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #18248
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,380
there is a project of a "trail" up the east coast for big D/S bikes, I have helped on a trail across Me. from Vt. to Vanceboro Me. a mix of dirt roads and back road pavement. Will be ready to share the gps track in a little while. It will be tying into a trail in New Brunswick to loop up to Quebec and across Ca. and also into Nove Scotia...will be a nice "dirty" cruise across Me. and beyond....
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #18249
Chromer
Not going gentle
 
Chromer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Into that good night
Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainedr View Post
I know it's early, but I'm gonna throw this out there anyway for advance planning. I hope to have a couple good Big-Bike routes picked out too for those who don't want to do the 1 and 2-tracks.



http://nbdsc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?...p=35489#p35489


Marc
In, in, in, in, in! For the little bike ride, LG says she's in as well.

Thanks for setting this up Marc. Last year was excellent.
__________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Chromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #18250
Mainedr
Fakawe
 
Mainedr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Aroostook County, Maine
Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
LG says she's in as well.
She better be. After all, we named one of those big puddles after her.
__________________
'96 DR650
NBDSC.CA
Mainedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #18251
Mainedr
Fakawe
 
Mainedr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Southern Aroostook County, Maine
Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainedr View Post
I know it's early, but I'm gonna throw this out there anyway for advance planning. I hope to have a couple good Big-Bike routes picked out too for those who don't want to do the 1 and 2-tracks.



http://nbdsc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?...p=35489#p35489


Marc
Sh*t...I forgot you have to be registered to view that thread on NBDSC. Anyhooo...here is the text from the thread.

Howdy all!

This year the annual Aroostook Rip will take place from Friday July 1 (Canada Day) through Sunday July 3 at MaineDR's and Ms. MaineDR's place in Houlton. Stay tuned for more info.



I'll update here too as we get closer to the date. Or...just register on the club site and keep up yourself.
__________________
'96 DR650
NBDSC.CA
Mainedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #18252
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
there is a project of a "trail" up the east coast for big D/S bikes, I have helped on a trail across Me. from Vt. to Vanceboro Me. a mix of dirt roads and back road pavement. Will be ready to share the gps track in a little while. It will be tying into a trail in New Brunswick to loop up to Quebec and across Ca. and also into Nove Scotia...will be a nice "dirty" cruise across Me. and beyond....
Sounds VERY interesting..... I'd be up for a trek like that.
__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."

rubRsidedown screwed with this post 03-24-2011 at 01:43 PM
rubRsidedown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #18253
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,697
Now, when it says "shared use" Multi use trail doesn't that mean Sled, ATVs and DS combined?
Looks like Jo-Mary road is stated as Shared use road.

http://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/....pl?park_id=60

I could be wrong.... I've been wrong my whole life so why should it change now?
__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #18254
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubRsidedown View Post
Now, when it says "shared use" Multi use trail doesn't that mean Sled, ATVs and DS combined?
Looks like Jo-Mary road is stated as Shared use road.

http://www.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/....pl?park_id=60

I could be wrong.... I've been wrong my whole life so why should it change now?
I guess the question is if you can get past the Jo Mary checkpoint to get to the Henderson Checkpoint....or come in from Kokajo as shown on the map....


I just sent the map to print at D size to see it better....
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #18255
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer
 
rubRsidedown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Maineiacationland, USA
Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
I guess the question is if you can get past the Jo Mary checkpoint to get to the Henderson Checkpoint....or come in from Kokajo as shown on the map....
I will be up there this weekend, I'm going to ask a few of the locals.
SURE would be nice to see that area in the summer as well as in the winter. Most importanly while riding
my bike, NOT in a truck.

Forget it.....
I just got this from the North Maine Woods site.

ATVs and motorcycles are not allowed. Children’s bicycles are allowed in the campground, but bikes are not allowed to leave campground property. The access road and surrounding forest are privately owned, but open to public use. While our neighbors welcome campground visitors to enjoy their land, they do not allow motorcycles, ATV or bicycles- especially on gravel roads used by forest workers and logging trucks.



SHIT!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Jeff B In Maine
05.5 KTM 950 Adventure Black, Mine
06 BMW F650GS Electric Orange, Hers
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014