ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #25666
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,433
kobukan - Your RR is much needed medicine for this soul. I have been couped up with a nasty cold, and seeing a story like this warms me as much as a good bowl of soup, and a warm fire. It gets me thinking about my next big trip. Keep em coming.
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #25667
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobukan View Post

About 10-15 miles later I was on this dirt highway headed for San Simon.

It took quite a while to get thru the mountains and by the time I reached San Simon I had just enough time to run the 100 miles back home on pavement before nightfall. This was probably my last long ride out here before flying back to ME on Saturday.

I normally don't take a lot of pics when I ride, and I don't really do ride reports - I hope you guys didn't get too tired of me cluttering up the thread with all these pics - and if you did, blame the guys that kept asking for more.
Thanks Kobukan all the pics and RR have been a great distraction to my season of non riding
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #25668
MZcountryboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Hey Kaw4life... get that?

Nipple deep powdah!

I just wanted to see that spelled out!
It's already nipple deep on a church mouse here!!!

MZcountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #25669
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,111
I like the pics Kobukan. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #25670
goodolguzzi
Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:
Hey Kaw4life... get that?

Nipple deep powdah!

I just wanted to see that spelled out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZspectaclecoordinator
It's already nipple deep on a church mouse here!!!

Awesome pix K - thnaks fro taking the time to rub it in
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #25671
Tslapper
#!

Kobukan and his pictures have got me thinking.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:56 AM   #25672
goodolguzzi
Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:
Kobukan and his pictures have got me thinking.
any sand dunes in your thinkin?

Old 01-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #25673
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolguzzi View Post
any sand dunes in your thinkin?

Sweet!

Although, I'd be happy with a long winding dirt road and one vista after the next.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #25674
Tslapper
#!

About 4.5 months ago I started feeling some pain in my shoulder. I connected that to picking up a tractor counter weight with my brother in law and putting it in the truck. Small tug, little discomfort, not much drama.

Over the course of 3 months I continued to lose motion in my shoulder, pain increased and I was loosing sleep. I wasn't shaking this off.

After the usual poking and prodding, xrays and MRI, I was told I have adhesive captivitas. WTF?

They do not know for sure what causes it but basically the fluids in the joint start getting sticky and binding down your movement. There is a great deal of off the charts pain.

If doing nothing, range of motion comes back in 1.5 - 2 years on its own.

Or, you can do PT. You can also have it forced to move in a machine, or even some surgery. My doc suggested yesterday that I keep up the PT. After 6 weeks I have regained about 50% range of motion that I lost in that shoulder. Wooohoooo!

I can still ride, but want to be pain free and I'm working at it. There is no way I can ride like I always have but I expect to be able to again and sooner rather than later.

All I can think of is what a good friend of mine said....

"Welcome to your 50's".
Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #25675
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,133
Quote:
About 4.5 months ago I started feeling some pain in my shoulder. I connected that to picking up a tractor counter weight with my brother in law and putting it in the truck. Small tug, little discomfort, not much drama.

Over the course of 3 months I continued to lose motion in my shoulder, pain increased and I was loosing sleep. I wasn't shaking this off.

After the usual poking and prodding, xrays and MRI, I was told I have adhesive captivitas. WTF?

They do not know for sure what causes it but basically the fluids in the joint start getting sticky and binding down your movement. There is a great deal of off the charts pain.

Or, you can do PT. You can also have it forced to move in a machine, or even some surgery. My doc suggested yesterday that I keep up the PT. After 6 weeks I have regained about 50% range of motion that I lost in that shoulder. Wooohoooo!

I can still ride, but want to be pain free and I'm working at it. There is no way I can ride like I always have but I expect to be able to again and sooner rather than later.

"Welcome to your 50's".
Count your blessings that you made it this far before it set in
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #25676
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Oddometer: 635
" normally don't take a lot of pics when I ride, and I don't really do ride reports - I hope you guys didn't get too tired of me cluttering up the thread with all these pics - and if you did, blame the guys that kept asking for more."

Great pics and description. Thanks for taking the time to post. You may have inspired a road trip.
stromsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #25677
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,402
Quote:

"Welcome to your 50's".
is that the same as or called "frozen shoulder"? Wife has had that twice and there is 1 physical therapist in Bangor area who knows just how to deal with it. Sounds very similar...and yes she did get past it and is not bothered by it...
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #25678
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
Count your blessings that you made it this far before it set in

I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
is that the same as or called "frozen shoulder"? Wife has had that twice and there is 1 physical therapist in Bangor area who knows just how to deal with it. Sounds very similar...and yes she did get past it and is not bothered by it...

Yup, same thing. I call the PT place, little shop of horrors.

Glad to hear, first hand, that it worked out. I keep hearing this is the case.

Starting to look promising for the start of the riding season.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #25679
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,402
Quote:
I do.

Yup, same thing. I call the PT place, little shop of horrors.

Glad to hear, first hand, that it worked out. I keep hearing this is the case.

Starting to look promising for the start of the riding season.
I think the PT my wife went to knew just how far to push it each time to get some of those little thingys broke loose each time without too much pain
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #25680
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,133
The only thing worse that working with MS Access is fixing something that was built by someone that has NO idea what a relational database is.

Kaw4Life screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 09:09 AM
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote