ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #26041
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,418
Morning all ...what are we doing on the second page?

I don't know about the rest of you but I sure am getting a case of early spring fever..the afternoon sun out by my garage can almost trick you into thinking it is early April not Feb..

I finally got the center stand on my strom now I am thinking I need a Madstad bracket and new windscreen to repair the damage from last fall. Any V-strom owners lurking around with experience with the Madstad bracket?

Since Carlos has jumped to a fancy new 800 and MWS is already one his I figure I better work on crash protection for the V..because you all know I will drop it... a lot. Anyone have any experience with Pat Walsh Designs stuff?
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #26042
Gibson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Madstad

Grumpy,

I had good luck with a Madstad bracket and stock windscreen on my V-Strom. It pretty much eliminated the buffeting, and it was a cheaper fix than many of the aftermarket screens. What worked best for me was the tipping the screen back, but it's easy to play with the adjustment.
Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #26043
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,824
[QUOTE=PWRCRZR;17920168]Morning all ...what are we doing on the second page?

. Anyone have any experience with Pat Walsh Designs stuff?[/QUOTE

I installed one on Micheles bike, it fit good and is still easy to get at the oil filter.

And oh yeah, congrats on the new bike Carl.
2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #26044
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhspirit View Post
Not sure what bike you have but this pic is a Micatech rack on my tiger w/the rotopax mounted. FWIW

My idea is to mount one on the top-rack of one of the side cases, most likely the right. I believe I got so far as to take a ruler to the top rack and think it would fit.
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #26045
radguzzi
The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer: 5,582
Classic racing in NZ

Guzzis...

Member: AMA - USCRA - MGNOC
radguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #26046
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Oddometer: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Morning all ...what are we doing on the second page?

I don't know about the rest of you but I sure am getting a case of early spring fever..the afternoon sun out by my garage can almost trick you into thinking it is early April not Feb..

I finally got the center stand on my strom now I am thinking I need a Madstad bracket and new windscreen to repair the damage from last fall. Any V-strom owners lurking around with experience with the Madstad bracket?

Since Carlos has jumped to a fancy new 800 and MWS is already one his I figure I better work on crash protection for the V..because you all know I will drop it... a lot. Anyone have any experience with Pat Walsh Designs stuff?
Put a Madstad with stock screen on the V. Works well, up and tilt back for slab, down and straight up for dirt. Worth the $$$ IMO.

Today is why I like having more then 1 bike. Preheated the DR, started on the fifth kick. 50 miles later I returned a happy man. Hope others got a chance to ride this beautiful day.

stromsurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #26047
radguzzi
The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer: 5,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromsurfer View Post

Nice, did you bring the boards and take a couple of runs...?

Member: AMA - USCRA - MGNOC
radguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #26048
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromsurfer View Post
Put a Madstad with stock screen on the V. Works well, up and tilt back for slab, down and straight up for dirt. Worth the $$$ IMO.

Today is why I like having more then 1 bike. Preheated the DR, started on the fifth kick. 50 miles later I returned a happy man. Hope others got a chance to ride this beautiful day.

Thanks I think that is settled then, i will be definitely getting the madstad. I am however still thinking of trying the Givi screen as well for those longer road trips.

Good on you for getting out, I thought long and hard about it but way too much to do..
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #26049
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,434
had a nice evening with ADV riders plus a stray KTM rider and Mrs Bk and son at UNO's last night
heavily dominated by DR650 riders. Badactor101 showed to meet inmates for the first time with lots of questions. The stray KTM rider has been running the snow track setup for several years with good experience to share in that area.
LifeSong
BKMLWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #26050
Autocracy
KLR = Trials bike?

Oddometer: 534
I rode the KLR again today. Snow is pretty sparse around Portland it was easy riding today -- didn't even need the neck gaiter.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll melt when I'm riding around Aruba on a TW-200 next week.

SIG: HUP
Autocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #26051
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocracy View Post
I rode the KLR again today. Snow is pretty sparse around Portland it was easy riding today -- didn't even need the neck gaiter.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll melt when I'm riding around Aruba on a TW-200 next week.
maybe not melt but a good burn if riding native style...have a good time there...
LifeSong
BKMLWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #26052
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocracy View Post
...I'm starting to wonder if I'll melt when I'm riding around Aruba on a TW-200 next week.
Only if you don't post pics.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #26053
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by radguzzi View Post
Nice, did you bring the boards and take a couple of runs...?
Dam mountain was closed and I am to lazy to back country it up.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #26054
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 402
I got up and out early enough to rotate the wheel bearings a bit before work this morning. Starting off with a quick 50 miles while watching the sun come up means you can't have a bad day after
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #26055
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Thanks I think that is settled then, i will be definitely getting the madstad. I am however still thinking of trying the Givi screen as well for those longer road trips.

Good on you for getting out, I thought long and hard about it but way too much to do..
I am short so the stock screen with Madstad did it for me. You being the bigger then life legend that you are, would need the Givi.

I did get in a short run today also. Makes it feel like we are that much closer to Spring.