ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #28726
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
Now how the hell am I going to pick up the wimmins wearing an ugly suit ?!

Keep your helmet on.. ...
2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #28727
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post

I was gonna... yer quick.

Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #28728
Autocracy
KLR = Trials bike?

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Now how the hell am I going to pick up the wimmins wearing an ugly suit ?!

Get a BMW and park at a Starbucks.

SIG: HUP
Autocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #28729
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post
Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #28730
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,322
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #28731
Pundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Seriously, the early morning comedy here is better than anywhere else. You guys crack me up.
Pundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #28732
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocracy View Post
Well, definitely a comment that I don't think anybody here would reserve for me...
HA! that is probably True Jeff, but unlike ME, you are still young! I don't heal as quickly as I once did

Ride it like you stole it Young sir!

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #28733
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocracy View Post
Get a BMW and park at a Starbucks.
....ummmmmm.... My Buell worked better than anything I have ever owned for such activities. That thing looked a bit like Darth Vader screaming down the road, and when they eventually sat on the back, the thing vibrated so much that many would need a nap afterwards. Just say'n

TMI?

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #28734
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,464
Quote:
So I write to the owner of Aerostich to request a mod to the one piece that the worker bees say it not an option they provide. It is to leave off the patch pockets on the front. These pocket are not in integral part of the suit. They are patch pockets. They make the suit less functional in my opinion and are ugly to boot. Well that was five days ago and still no answer. Well now I am pissed. Guess this 'try it to see what you think' one is going back. Funny how something you tell yourself you want so bad can become so not. Aerostich products like many others (Touratech) are WAY over priced anyway.
When I started riding way back 3 years ago , I researched the heck out of gear, and ended up ordering Motoport pants and jacket. That's also how I ended up here and spending all my money on motorcycles and parts, but that's another story... Anyway, last fall I stumbled across a killer deal on a 1pc 'stitch. The Motoport stuff is nice, and Wayne will add or remove pockets and anything else to your heart's content. However, the gear I grab most often is the Aerostich. I don't know if it's any safer than MP, but I feel like I can withstand a nuclear blast in that thing. I hate the front patch pockets too. My biggest gripe is that it bunches up in the front. I conversed with somebody at Aerostich and she recommended a 40R jacket and 40L pants 2-pc suit (my 1pc is a 40L). I'm seriously considering selling the 1pc and some other gear and ordering up a 2pc.

So, long story short, have you considered the 2pc suit? The patch pockets are attached to the jacket and a few inches higher, so may not bother you as much.
cjbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #28735
Chris W
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
So I write to the owner of Aerostich to request a mod to the one piece that the worker bees say it not an option they provide. It is to leave off the patch pockets on the front. These pocket are not in integral part of the suit. They are patch pockets. They make the suit less functional in my opinion and are ugly to boot. Well that was five days ago and still no answer. Well now I am pissed. Guess this 'try it to see what you think' one is going back. Funny how something you tell yourself you want so bad can become so not. Aerostich products like many others (Touratech) are WAY over priced anyway.
Which pocket? I use all of them.

Mines got about 200K on it now. Thinking about replacing it with another one just like it.

The owner might be out riding. He responded to a question I had in 09 very quickly.

I've toured the facility in Duluth. The people making the Roadcrafters are American's and appear to be getting 3 meals a day and get to go home to their families after 8 hours. Can't think of any other MC gear that you can say that about. I have some familiarity with textile manufacturers. I think the Roadcrafter is the only one they still make domestically.

A few years ago a person I work with bought a Joe Rocket outfit. He was in charge of the departments responsible for designing everything from shoes to technical jackets and then sourcing the materials and finding factories around the world to make it. He could not figure out how they could produce such a complicated product of those materials and still make any money on it. He didn't think we could do it.

anyway... It's pricey, but I think the value is still there.
IBA #393

"I know I'm getting tired when I start ducking for over passes..." ~ Ardys Kellerman
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #28736
DocRogers
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
My Aerostitch Roadcrafter 2 was a little spendy when I bought it, but that was 20 years ago so the memory is a little fuzzy. I do know it continues to serve every day. Can't say the same for the "cheaper" pieces of gear I've owned.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #28737
DocRogers
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
So, long story short, have you considered the 2pc suit? The patch pockets are attached to the jacket and a few inches higher, so may not bother you as much.[/QUOTE]

I will add, mine is a 2 piece - ble with grey patches on the jacket, grey pants. Looks rather dashing, I think. And feels safe.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #28738
Chris W
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRogers View Post
I will add, mine is a 2 piece - ble with grey patches on the jacket, grey pants. Looks rather dashing, I think. And feels safe.
Mine too.
IBA #393

"I know I'm getting tired when I start ducking for over passes..." ~ Ardys Kellerman
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #28739
jwrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
Mine too.
Mine treee! I also use the pants for snowmobiling and winter riding with spiked tires. Fantastic outer layer!
jwrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #28740
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
The ride on Tom's Berg is like a splinter in your mind huh..EC

It's probably wedged right against this one..

Not yet. But, then, I haven't plowed through the The Husaberg 70 FE Adventure Traveler Thread yet.

If my 'dream bike' can be believed, and a bike that weighs as much as my KDX(more or less) , has the 'happy handle' of a 950, some kind of reliabilty that doesn't require a 'piston inspection'' after 105 hours and can carry gear on an adventure ride exists, it has to be investigated.

Part of me hopes it doesn't meet all of these requirements.

I like the splinter analogy, btw.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote