ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #31231
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,503
On the topic of boots, I still consider myself new to motorcycling, but in my experience, if I'm going to be riding off road at all, I need to be wearing MX boots. I don't get the point of dual sport boots that are less protective than MX boots. Aren't dual sport bikes heavier than dirt bikes and more likely to tip over and crush your feet/ankles/legs?

I recently dropped the serious coin for the Klim Gore-Tex socks. I haven't had to try them yet, but I went with those over the Rocky socks because they seemed like they will work better with MX boots.
cjbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #31232
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
On the topic of boots, I still consider myself new to motorcycling, but in my experience, if I'm going to be riding off road at all, I need to be wearing MX boots. I don't get the point of dual sport boots that are less protective than MX boots. Aren't dual sport bikes heavier than dirt bikes and more likely to tip over and crush your feet/ankles/legs?

I recently dropped the serious coin for the Klim Gore-Tex socks. I haven't had to try them yet, but I went with those over the Rocky socks because they seemed like they will work better with MX boots.
The law of conservation of mass, also known as the principle of mass/matter conservation, states that the mass of an isolated system (closed to all matter and energy) will remain constant over time. This principle is equivalent to the conservation of energy, in the sense when energy or mass is enclosed in a system and none is allowed in or out, its quantity cannot otherwise change (hence, its quantity is "conserved"). The mass of an isolated system cannot be changed as a result of processes acting inside the system. The law implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space and changed into different types of particles; and that for any chemical process in an isolated system, the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products.

Does that answer your question?
Kaw4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #31233
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
they don't make armored hip boots....maybe try bootie foot waders with mx boots....
Not a bad idea there!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #31234
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,476
cjbiker: Thanks. I think I strung together whatever was dotted on Garmin and available in the area. heck, I guess I'm rolling with it. The lobster better be good after 6 hours of riding there

On topic of boots: On the street, I loved my Sidi (any and every one of them). Now I wear Scouts when I get on the 650GS and Axo Prime when I get on the KLR250. the Axos suck water like a sponge - I wear neoprene socks - but they saved my ankles/feet more times than I care to admit.
Have not crashed in the Scouts (yet) but I do like them for moderate/hard riding if I have to ride street to get there first.

BTW, except the Axo Prime, all my boots were/are waterproof. I hated the Scouts when the water got above the boot and i was wearing a full bucket for the rest of the day, but they rock in 'normal' situations. I just wore them to catskills - 4 hrs there, 4 hrs back, 2hrs on the mud and I stayed dry despite the fact that the 20% chance of rain turned out to be an all day drizzle/rain event.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #31235
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
Moderate protection. DRY! Feet dont overheat. Tend to run wide which I need.

I like mine!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #31236
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Quote:
The law of conservation of mass, also known as the principle of mass/matter conservation, states that the mass of an isolated system (closed to all matter and energy) will remain constant over time. This principle is equivalent to the conservation of energy, in the sense when energy or mass is enclosed in a system and none is allowed in or out, its quantity cannot otherwise change (hence, its quantity is "conserved"). The mass of an isolated system cannot be changed as a result of processes acting inside the system. The law implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space and changed into different types of particles; and that for any chemical process in an isolated system, the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products.

Yup
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #31237
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Wasteful, wretched excess...

Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #31238
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,532
Quote:

it appears someone's boots are too tight and they don't know it.....
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #31239
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Quote:
Yup
I am not !!!

Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #31240
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,538
Quote:

Thanks, Cliff.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #31241
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Thanks, Cliff.

I just reread that with Cliffs voice.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #31242
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
here is what I just ordered.....free shipping
http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-De...RE-TEX®_Socks/

I have used the "sealSkinz" socks in my kayaks and hiking for years. Quite comfortable and very good at keeping my feet dry...

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=23511

I've seen them for as little as $25.... Come in a couple of heights and shoe sizes. (and cheaper than most similar products I can find). ymmv

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #31243
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,538
Quote:

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #31244
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan207 View Post
I have used the "sealSkinz" socks in my kayaks and hiking for years. Quite comfortable and very good at keeping my feet dry...

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=23511

I've seen them for as little as $25.... Come in a couple of heights and shoe sizes. (and cheaper than most similar products I can find). ymmv
Dont know why this is a problem, just stand on the seat during river crossings.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #31245
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,469
Quote:
Dont know why this is a problem, just stand on the seat during river crossings.

HA! I'm LUCKY if I can stand on the PEGS during water crossings. I think I need to get better at THAT before I try for the seat-stand option.

Thanks though

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote