ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #31741
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,218

Congrats to you both You two should have lots of fun riding together..

Tell her she can follow us to CROMAG next fall on her own bike...tell her to trust me we will just run a leisurely KLR pace
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #31742
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
Thanks for stopping by Tinman! I think we both made out in the deal. I have already started the parts list and now I will be waiting on brown santa.
Time to loosen the grip on the piggy bank again huh
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #31743
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Oddometer: 585
Sidecar

Just throwing it out there that I am looking for tub to attach to my Dakar, or a complete sidecar set-up to trade for. If anyone hears anything send it my way.

Enjoy the week.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #31744
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur

Oddometer: 628
Drew, Sorry to hear of your untimely get-off. I am so glad you are not seriously hurt. That is a crazy road all right. I think sometimes all of us forget how tricky it can get (when you add tourists in cars to the mix especially).

I'm just reading this now as I've been in Cape May NJ without normal computer access. My son the Coastie had a seizure about 10 days ago. He was life-flighted to the trauma center in Atlantic City where he had surgery the next day to remove 90% of a brain tumor. He tolerated the surgery very well but there are many more steps to take and things to learn about what's ahead. So for the meantime my wife and I will be down on Cape May hanging out with the boy. Except for the giant scar and stitches on his head you'd never guess he had such a thing happen to him. He never lost his sense of humor or his sarcasm for a minute. Less than 24 hours after the surgery, a speech therapist was asking him a battery of questions to evaluate his ability to think. At the time he was hooked to a zillion machines and was heavily medicated. She asked him, "What are three things that are usually white?" Without hesitation he croaked, "Snow, paper, and presidents." My wife and I were on the floor laughing and although his face was all swollen you could tell he was smiling. We hope to be back with all of you in New England sooner than later. Keep riding for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdrew View Post
ugh... I high-sided the mini ninja off Hurricane Mtn Road yesterday.

I'm a little sore in a few places, and I have a rashed bike to fix, but I came out of it relatively unscathed.

Ohh, and the car I wrecked trying to avoid didn't even stop.

When life hands you melons, you could be dyslexic.

MWValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #31745
Kaw4Life
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWValley View Post
Drew, Sorry to hear of your untimely get-off. I am so glad you are not seriously hurt. That is a crazy road all right. I think sometimes all of us forget how tricky it can get (when you add tourists in cars to the mix especially).

I'm just reading this now as I've been in Cape May NJ without normal computer access. My son the Coastie had a seizure about 10 days ago. He was life-flighted to the trauma center in Atlantic City where he had surgery the next day to remove 90% of a brain tumor. He tolerated the surgery very well but there are many more steps to take and things to learn about what's ahead. So for the meantime my wife and I will be down on Cape May hanging out with the boy. Except for the giant scar and stitches on his head you'd never guess he had such a thing happen to him. He never lost his sense of humor or his sarcasm for a minute. Less than 24 hours after the surgery, a speech therapist was asking him a battery of questions to evaluate his ability to think. At the time he was hooked to a zillion machines and was heavily medicated. She asked him, "What are three things that are usually white?" Without hesitation he croaked, "Snow, paper, and presidents." My wife and I were on the floor laughing and although his face was all swollen you could tell he was smiling. We hope to be back with all of you in New England sooner than later. Keep riding for us.
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours Jeff!
Kaw4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #31746
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,585
MWV, we wish you and your family the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan207 View Post
omg! she has not stopped grinning since we got home! You know the day that Team8 crashed on the berwick ride? We lost count of how many times he said, "What the f* just happened, where is my bike?..." She has been saying "Shoot, I should have ridden that bike on that dirt road up there..."

I am totally laughing my butt off! She is totally stoked. She is already scheming ways to get to places where she can ride it - not an easy thing in the city
I am so glad she is enjoying it. She can always come back and ride around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Time to loosen the grip on the piggy bank again huh
Shhhhhh. Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #31747
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours Jeff!
+1, Jeff

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #31748
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,290
+2

MWV, thoughts and prayers headin your way.
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #31749
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromsurfer View Post
Love those kind of sessions. Locals only, still in a 4/3 suit, and good quality waves. Glad your getting water time.

Looks like someone got a picture of you.
http://instagr.am/p/OczyOZSitE/

Holy hell... I'd need a new wetsuit after a wave like that...

NH has some great surfing beaches. sandy beach breaks with real gradual bottoms. You can walk quite a ways out, which keeps even the big waves very gradual and easy to catch. Few rocks, too.

But then, head height waves are rare for the most part.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #31750
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,157

I just read her your thoughts here Dave. (She has her own account here, but hasn't developed the habit of logging in)

At first she laughed and nodded, but as she was standing at the kitchen counter pouring a cup of coffee I heard her mutter, "I don't know if I will EVER be able to go at a leisurely like THAT..."

Seriously, I nearly spit out my own coffee.

Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post

Congrats to you both You two should have lots of fun riding together..

Tell her she can follow us to CROMAG next fall on her own bike...tell her to trust me we will just run a leisurely KLR pace

02 Suzuki DL1000 - 06 KLX250s - 06 Suzuki DL650 (the boys really) - 06 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #31751
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,157
Don't be surprised if we do, but while she lives in S Portland, I live in Buxton. I have a LOT of dirt Roads within spitting distance from my house too. She will just have to come out and visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
I am so glad she is enjoying it. She can always come back and ride around.

02 Suzuki DL1000 - 06 KLX250s - 06 Suzuki DL650 (the boys really) - 06 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #31752
goodolguzzi
Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer: 2,137
wicked indianguzzi...chiefambo!
http://digitalpressimages.photoshelt...000_mXeKvk32qM

Old 10-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #31753
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Reason # 143 to live in Maine. It was Reason #142,149 and 234 to 43
along with Mile Square Rd / Burt Huff Rd in Avon and Pond Rd off 234

Warm fall day and a motorbike that gets under your skin.

Wish I had a real camera. Phone camera has bad lense.

Can't remember seeing a blueberry field on fire like this one.

nice pic of the field but when I saw blueberry fire I thought you saw the burn buggy going across a field which is also quite impressive in the evening....
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #31754
Tslapper
WWC Founding Member

Oddometer: 5,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
nice pic of the field but when I saw blueberry fire I thought you saw the burn buggy going across a field which is also quite impressive in the evening....
Nope, sun bright between the clouds, came around the corner and the field was absolutely lit up red!

Amazing enough that it got me to stop riding for a few minutes.

Rubberside -> Palermo, Freedom(ish).
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #31755
Chiannaa
Dirty Gurl

Oddometer: 69
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan207 View Post
Since picking up the DR, the DRZ has been relegated to Garage Queen. No Longer!

The DRZ has a new home, and a much smaller little bike can live in my garage as a "hers" bike. LadyJ has not ridden in over 10 years - until this afternoon that is! She is already asking when she can ride it again. She's is not legal, but I fully expect to spending a lot of time watching her ride around parking lots and fields for the next little while

Bottom line....

Totally worth it!

Woot!! Another female rider!!