ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #32851
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...
 
TinMan207's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Maine -- most days
Oddometer: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by avianello View Post
If anybody is interested, I have decided to put up for sale my Ducati. Here is all the info:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854884
I passed along the information to one of my girlfriends who has been talking about a Ducati for a while. PM me your phone number and I'll get it to her. She's not an inmate.
__________________
When I was young I hoped to be Rich and good looking. At this point, I think that having great stories of many adventures is a much better plan

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #32852
avianello
Gnarly Adventurer
 
avianello's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Standish, Maine - Venezia, Italia
Oddometer: 113
Thank you. I have replied to you message with my phone number

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan207 View Post
I passed along the information to one of my girlfriends who has been talking about a Ducati for a while. PM me your phone number and I'll get it to her. She's not an inmate.
__________________
2000 Aprilia Pegaso 650, 2009 Suzuki TU250X, 1987 Honda Transalp 600 and Vespa 125
avianello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #32853
avianello
Gnarly Adventurer
 
avianello's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Standish, Maine - Venezia, Italia
Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
Riding season too short .... I have thought about moving for that very reason. Only problem is I HATE hot.



Sorry about the sale, should move fast.
I don't like hot either, but snow and ice are worst!
__________________
2000 Aprilia Pegaso 650, 2009 Suzuki TU250X, 1987 Honda Transalp 600 and Vespa 125
avianello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #32854
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot
 
cjbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Maine
Oddometer: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
Riding season too short .... I have thought about moving for that very reason. Only problem is I HATE hot.

This is what I daydream about from Nov-Mar here in the land of frozen misery...

cjbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #32855
Kaw4Life
Busted Adventurer
 
Kaw4Life's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Maine
Oddometer: 6,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by avianello View Post
I don't like hot either, but snow and ice are worst!
Ok ... those that know me (and listened to me bitch about it for years now) prepare for an eye roll ...

only one reason I dont ride year round ...

(NaCl)
__________________
... for every mile of road, there are two miles of ditch. - MZcountryboy

... which part you focus on is up to you.
Kaw4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #32856
avianello
Gnarly Adventurer
 
avianello's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Standish, Maine - Venezia, Italia
Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
Ok ... those that know me (and listened to me bitch about it for years now) prepare for an eye roll ...

only one reason I dont ride year round ...

(NaCl)
I understand you: I bought my old Suzuki with the idea of having a winter beater to take out on our salted roads. After four winter seasons my previous DR (which got totaled) was in really bad conditions.
__________________
2000 Aprilia Pegaso 650, 2009 Suzuki TU250X, 1987 Honda Transalp 600 and Vespa 125
avianello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #32857
Newportcycle
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsfield, Maine
Oddometer: 21
Intro

Just wanted to introduce myself to the Maine group. I've just returned to the land of my upbringing from a 4 year stint in the lower mid atlantic area, where unfortunately didnt get much riding in. I'm glad to see this active thread, in past years found it difficult to conenct with primarily Maine riders.
Newportcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #32858
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
PWRCRZR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newportcycle View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Maine group. I've just returned to the land of my upbringing from a 4 year stint in the lower mid atlantic area, where unfortunately didnt get much riding in. I'm glad to see this active thread, in past years found it difficult to conenct with primarily Maine riders.
Welcome aboard

What part of the state do you reside in and what type of riding do you do..lots of folks here spread around the lower half of the state.

Most of us on this thread have none each other for atleast a few years and have ridden together from time to time..don't take some of our banter to seriously it is usually in good hearted fun
__________________
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #32859
heatmaker
WWC FOUNDING MEMBER
 
heatmaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Wiz
Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newportcycle View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Maine group. I've just returned to the land of my upbringing from a 4 year stint in the lower mid atlantic area, where unfortunately didnt get much riding in. I'm glad to see this active thread, in past years found it difficult to conenct with primarily Maine riders.
Im thinking he is from Newport....

Welcome!
heatmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #32860
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newportcycle View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Maine group. I've just returned to the land of my upbringing from a 4 year stint in the lower mid atlantic area, where unfortunately didnt get much riding in. I'm glad to see this active thread, in past years found it difficult to conenct with primarily Maine riders.

several of us in the general Bangor area are meeting for dinner at Uno's which is along Stillwater Av./Bangor Mall area.
6pm Monday (tomorrow)....welcome to join us.

we have also developed an email list for dualsport/dirt riders in the general Bangor area. It just got going last fall but has about 14 riders listed. The intent is for connecting for evening/weekend rides
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #32861
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
PWRCRZR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmaker View Post
Im thinking he is from Newport....

Welcome!
Well I drew that same conclusion but Benny Hill taught me to never assume...

__________________
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #32862
Newportcycle
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsfield, Maine
Oddometer: 21
Thanks for the welcome. I'm formerly of Newport, grew up in the County, Pittsfield now by way of Maryland. I've ridden since I was 14, dirt then, progressing to road bikes, gave it up for a time, got back into it about 20 years ago, put on about 250k since then. I've ridden the Natchez Trace start to finish, Tail of the Dragon, Blueridge Parkway, most every road in Maine, New Hampshire, and many in Vermont and upstate New York. I'm primarily touring, no off road stuff so I may have the wrong forum, but I always believed that Adventure comes in many forms. I wrecked my favorite bike a '99 Triumph Trophy, replaced it with a K1200LT, wife liked riding with me on that bike so I did what any self respecting loner would do, I got rid of it, dont get me wrong, my wife is the greatest thing to happen to me, but enough is enough. I replaced that with a '01 Triumph Sprint ST, put 45k great miles on that bike, but alas, it has been recently replaced (yesterday) with a new fasination, an R1200R, candy apple red (fastest color). So now I'm just hanging out waiting for the roads to clear a bit before I get back out there and rack up the miles on the Beemer.

Thanks for the invite to the Bangor club, sounds like fun, we will see what happens. Newportcycle came about cause I could get discount cycle parts and oil if I was a business so I set myself up for a time hence Newport Cycle.
Newportcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #32863
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
PWRCRZR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 7,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newportcycle View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I'm formerly of Newport, grew up in the County, Pittsfield now by way of Maryland.
Pittsfield you say...see why I never assume

Lots of people here with MBS (multiple bike syndrome) so they have road bikes and dirt bikes. I am sure you will fit in fine
__________________
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #32864
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
PWRCRZR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 7,417
I had gotten it in my mind that I was going for a ride today, was hoping for a little more sun and dry conditions but oh well...ride I did




I hosed the DR down with wd-40 and armor all...then gave her a good bath upon my return.. Visibilty sucked and it was a little cool on my way back but man wasn't it nice to ride around a bit
__________________
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #32865
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
I had gotten it in my mind that I was going for a ride today, was hoping for a little more sun and dry conditions but oh well...ride I did




I hosed the DR down with wd-40 and armor all...then gave her a good bath upon my return.. Visibilty sucked and it was a little cool on my way back but man wasn't it nice to ride around a bit
nice, glad you got out and around..
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014