ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #34981
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunch View Post
I went up a couple of sizes in the main jet, cut the top of the airbox and drilled a hole thru the first two baffles. Check Kientech Engineering
Have you sold that old dinosaur?
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #34982
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Clean carb. New gas sucks.

Clean the carb? I hope it's clean already, the whole darn bike came out of the crate just recently! It's currently got about 120 miles on the clock, 109 of which I did yesterday. I will explore the ProCycle options too. Thanks for the tips.

And speaking of today's fuels, yes new gas does suck. I've written every elected official I can think of to express my disgust with this whole corn fiasco. So far the only one who seems to be as concerned as me is Senator Ayotte. She wrote me a very strongly worded letter condemning "our nation's misguided ethanol policies" and the backroom BS that has us in this ethanol mess. At least somebody in DC gets it. But in the meantime I'm having fun with a shiny DR. The best blood pressure medicine I can think of.

When life hands you melons, you could be dyslexic.

MWValley screwed with this post 04-21-2013 at 02:22 PM
MWValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #34983
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,353
You can't believe anything you read on the interweb.

Nice bike, Jeff!

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #34984
captain crunch
huckleberry

Oddometer: 699
Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Have you sold that old dinosaur?
wanna buy it? I'll make a good deal for a friend.

That's right, I don't have any.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #34985
team8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
I was up your way Jeff, scouting out some trails, Saw alot of this!

Nice bike ya got there
team8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #34986
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWValley View Post
Clean the carb? I hope it's clean already, the whole darn bike came out of the crate just recently! It's currently got about 120 miles on the clock, 109 of which I did yesterday. I will explore the ProCycle options too. Thanks for the tips.

.... But in the meantime I'm having fun with a shiny DR. The best blood pressure medicine I can think of.
PURRDY!

looks a lot like the one that they were just setting up at Reynolds the other day when I was getting all my bikes inspected - Did about 60 miles that day and never went further than their shop!

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #34987
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
I love the grey DR650! Nice machine.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #34988
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
I love the grey DR650! Nice machine.
yeah, but he's gotta get it dirty at SOME point

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #34989
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWValley View Post
OK, who are the DR650 gurus? I've pretty well sorted out a dozen V-Stroms and a DR-Z or two but I've just acquired a DR650 much to my great delight. It's just about perfect for my use except for a tiny hesitation or lag on take off. Dynojet kit? Secret Mayan blessing involving mammal parts and full moons? Your thoughts greatly welcomed.
Hi Jeff
Pull the left side cover off, remove the 4 screws that hold the air filter cover , road test, if hesitation is gone ...then punch one or two holes in the top of airbox. My DR is really fussy on air, I can tell when my filter is getting dirty by the hesitation it has when I tend to whack the throttle on that rare occasion.

This winter I went though the bike, new bearings, tires, plugs,fixed the oil leak at the cam chain adjuster, wider foot pegs,new front/rear springs, chain sprockets and to top it off I covered the air box hole with some Frogzskins that are used in the snowmobile industry to stop water/snow from entering where it shouldn't in a sled....well I was running it down at the pit outback and when I hit the road it hesitated, skipped and bucked like a mofo, took it apart and put old plugs in it. (skipped like a broken plug only on hard accel.), that didn't fix it, pulled the side cover off the air box and hesitation, bucking gone.....removed said Frogzskin (fine mesh/screen) reassemble and runs perfect !

2twisted screwed with this post 04-21-2013 at 04:24 PM
2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #34990
heatmaker
WWC FOUNDING MEMBER

Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post
Hi Jeff
Pull the left side cover off, remove the 4 screws that hold the air filter cover , road test, if hesitation is gone ...then punch one or two holes in the top of airbox. My DR is really fussy on air, I can tell when my filter is getting dirty by the hesitation it has when I tend to whack the throttle on that rare occasion.

This winter I went though the bike, new bearings, tires, plugs,fixed the oil leak at the cam chain adjuster, wider foot pegs,new front/rear springs, chain sprockets and to top it off I covered the air box hole with some Frogzskins that are used in the snowmobile industry to stop water/snow from entering where it shouldn't in a sled....well I was running it down at the pit outback and when I hit the road it hesitated, skipped and bucked like a mofo, took it apart and put old plugs in it. (skipped like a broken plug only on hard accel.), that didn't fix it, pulled the side cover off the air box and hesitation, bucking gone.....removed said Frogzskin (fine mesh/screen) reassemble and runs perfect !
picky! better bring an air filter up on the Roam...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #34991
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmaker View Post
picky! better bring an air filter up on the Roam...
Or two....
2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #34992
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
You can't believe anything you read on the interweb.

Ain't it the truth! And I know because it says so on the interweb!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #34993
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post
Hi Jeff

Thanks a million, that's some kind of priceless DR wisdom I was hoping to find. I'll try 'er tomorrow after running my errands all around Happy Valley. Much obliged! I hope the swap meet is a huge success. Wouldn't you know it, I've got to work that Saturday. Have fun! Hopefully it will be more than 48 degrees by then!

Wade, you're bang on man. There's still snow in the woods in many places around here. I tried crossing the middle (unplowed) section of the Potter Road a few days ago on the V-Strom with street tires. No chance. Even the ruts were lined with ice. We need a good stretch of warmer days. And you bet, the DR will be muddy soon enough. I just need some time off from work to go get lost in the woods for a bit.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #34994
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 402
I can report that Hurricane Mtn Rd is still gated, and no, in fact you CAN'T make it through the snow and ice at the top. Two tries at it gave me a lesson in respect, humility, and the heaviness of a KLR pointed in a direction other than intended.
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #34995
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Oddometer: 2,086
[QUOTE=MWValley;21237329]

When is this bike going to be on the WHP billboard?

Poacher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote