ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #35056
Trxl2
BLL Club
 
Trxl2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: NH North Country
Oddometer: 9
Fryeburg Maine Rides

Kinda new to this forum... not to motorcycles. Did a cross country trip from ME to Coronado California and back. Was ended in Asheville NC by a drunk driver. Done plenty of street and my new goals will be to travel the country entirely off road, head down to Baja and hopefully into the tip of South America... but I need to start small, and this pipe dream is a 3 year in process goal. Just picked up a 2004 DR650 with 7k and a friend and forum rider suggested I hit this forum up. Curious about rides in the Fryeburg area. Really wanted to lurk and figure out everything on my own, so I found the Maine forum and started to read... one page, two, three... ya than I went straight to the end... 2337 pages . I am sure local rides are covered in there but maybe someone who has covered all 2337 pages would be kind enough to direct me to the one Where these rides are posted?

THANKS!!!
__________________
Custom Bikes Demand Custom Dreams
Trxl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #35057
Kaw4Life
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kaw4Life's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Maine
Oddometer: 6,100
Happy Birthday Baby !!!

I has been a wonderful 50,000





Kaw4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #35058
epicxcrider
Studly Adventurer
 
epicxcrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 645
Damn, that thing is CLEAN for 50,000 miles. Holy crap!
epicxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #35059
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur
 
MWValley's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: White Mountain National Forest
Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxl2 View Post
Kinda new to this forum... not to motorcycles. Did a cross country trip from ME to Coronado California and back. Was ended in Asheville NC by a drunk driver. Done plenty of street and my new goals will be to travel the country entirely off road, head down to Baja and hopefully into the tip of South America... but I need to start small, and this pipe dream is a 3 year in process goal. Just picked up a 2004 DR650 with 7k and a friend and forum rider suggested I hit this forum up. Curious about rides in the Fryeburg area. Really wanted to lurk and figure out everything on my own, so I found the Maine forum and started to read... one page, two, three... ya than I went straight to the end... 2337 pages . I am sure local rides are covered in there but maybe someone who has covered all 2337 pages would be kind enough to direct me to the one Where these rides are posted?

THANKS!!!
If you're in Fryeburg, swing overta Whitehorse Gear in Center Conway NH. We can point you in a few directions. We haven't read all 2337 pages of the Maine thread but I bet we've read half of them. From riding all around here for a good long while we'd be glad to share some favorite routes.
__________________
Studly adventurers. Those are the guys with the carbide accessorized tyres, right?

When life hands you melons, you could be dyslexic.

MWValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #35060
kobukan
almost gnarly
 
kobukan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Saco ME
Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxl2 View Post
Kinda new to this forum... not to motorcycles. Did a cross country trip from ME to Coronado California and back. Was ended in Asheville NC by a drunk driver. Done plenty of street and my new goals will be to travel the country entirely off road, head down to Baja and hopefully into the tip of South America... but I need to start small, and this pipe dream is a 3 year in process goal. Just picked up a 2004 DR650 with 7k and a friend and forum rider suggested I hit this forum up. Curious about rides in the Fryeburg area. Really wanted to lurk and figure out everything on my own, so I found the Maine forum and started to read... one page, two, three... ya than I went straight to the end... 2337 pages . I am sure local rides are covered in there but maybe someone who has covered all 2337 pages would be kind enough to direct me to the one Where these rides are posted?

THANKS!!!
This might be a good start for you.
__________________
'04 R1150GS, '97 R1100GS, '99 DR350, '02 DR650, '03 DR650
A Few Days Solo to Copper Canyon
A Maine Rider’s Arizona Day Trips
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #35061
Chris W
Beastly Adventurer
 
Chris W's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Mid-Coast, ME.
Oddometer: 1,011
__________________
Chris W
IBA #393

"I know I'm getting tired when I start ducking for over passes..." ~ Ardys Kellerman
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #35062
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
PWRCRZR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 7,396
Cool video...I saw those donut marks on the floor at Max's when I was there a while ago...

I really like those K60's seemed to handle the gravel well, and the pavement too. Even rode out a sandy corner I took a little hot
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #35063
team8
Gnarly Adventurer
 
team8's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Southwest Maine
Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxl2 View Post
Kinda new to this forum... not to motorcycles. Did a cross country trip from ME to Coronado California and back. Was ended in Asheville NC by a drunk driver. Done plenty of street and my new goals will be to travel the country entirely off road, head down to Baja and hopefully into the tip of South America... but I need to start small, and this pipe dream is a 3 year in process goal. Just picked up a 2004 DR650 with 7k and a friend and forum rider suggested I hit this forum up. Curious about rides in the Fryeburg area. Really wanted to lurk and figure out everything on my own, so I found the Maine forum and started to read... one page, two, three... ya than I went straight to the end... 2337 pages . I am sure local rides are covered in there but maybe someone who has covered all 2337 pages would be kind enough to direct me to the one Where these rides are posted?

THANKS!!!
Welcome Trxl2,
I'm just below you and do alot of riding in the area. I also ride a DR650.
I'm hosting the North Berwick to Fryburg Dual sport ride coming up May 4th, It's a good time if you can make it. If not I'm sure we'll meet up on a ride, I usually do several smaller rides through out the summer, and I post them up on this forum.
team8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #35064
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double
 
EvilClown's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: In the shadow of the Uncanoonucs...
Oddometer: 16,201
Adios.

__________________
These are our Golden Years. ~ EC

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #35065
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
PWRCRZR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 7,396
You two kids stay out of trouble and have a good time
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #35066
goodolguzzi
Guzzen around the hood
 
goodolguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Oddometer: 2,218
the mtn is mostly still buried...'bout 33 people on the hill yesterday...luvinIt!!!



2t & Ts...i won't be makin the gunshow/mullies
__________________
"I retired at 60 and have been beating the system for 30 years".......Quote by Good 'ol Pepere @ 90!
Fear No Beer :)
goodolguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #35067
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Adios.


have a nice ride..
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #35068
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!
 
mikewillsmith's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: The real Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Cool video...I saw those donut marks on the floor at Max's when I was there a while ago...

I really like those K60's seemed to handle the gravel well, and the pavement too. Even rode out a sandy corner I took a little hot
Video is cool. Nice to see a dealer not taking the "BMW" thing too seriously.

PC must be bonding with the new bike/tire combo because last night he keeps telling me he is gonna take it easy to break it in.... then we end up flying through the country-side.

Thanks for the beer Chris.
__________________
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way... turn.
mikewillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #35069
Tslapper
#!
 
Tslapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Mainely here
Oddometer: 6,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewillsmith View Post
Video is cool. Nice to see a dealer not taking the "BMW" thing too seriously.

PC must be bonding with the new bike/tire combo because last night he keeps telling me he is gonna take it easy to break it in.... then we end up flying through the country-side.

Thanks for the beer Chris.
Great night sky last night. The moon was pretty incredible.

I would have been over drinking his beer too but I wound up nearer my house at the end of 130 mile ride.
Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #35070
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!
 
mikewillsmith's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: The real Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Great night sky last night. The moon was pretty incredible.

I would have been over drinking his beer too but I wound up nearer my house at the end of 130 mile ride.
Agreed, the moon was awesome last night.
I rode the back roads around your way on my way home. Found a couple new dirt road connections. Half expected to pass you out there somewhere.
__________________
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way... turn.
mikewillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014