ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #35056
Trxl2
BLL Club

Oddometer: 9
Fryeburg Maine Rides

Kinda new to this forum... not to motorcycles. Did a cross country trip from ME to Coronado California and back. Was ended in Asheville NC by a drunk driver. Done plenty of street and my new goals will be to travel the country entirely off road, head down to Baja and hopefully into the tip of South America... but I need to start small, and this pipe dream is a 3 year in process goal. Just picked up a 2004 DR650 with 7k and a friend and forum rider suggested I hit this forum up. Curious about rides in the Fryeburg area. Really wanted to lurk and figure out everything on my own, so I found the Maine forum and started to read... one page, two, three... ya than I went straight to the end... 2337 pages . I am sure local rides are covered in there but maybe someone who has covered all 2337 pages would be kind enough to direct me to the one Where these rides are posted?

THANKS!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #35057
Kaw4Life
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,100
Happy Birthday Baby !!!

I has been a wonderful 50,000

Kaw4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #35058
epicxcrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Damn, that thing is CLEAN for 50,000 miles. Holy crap!
epicxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #35059
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxl2 View Post
Kinda new to this forum... not to motorcycles. Did a cross country trip from ME to Coronado California and back. Was ended in Asheville NC by a drunk driver. Done plenty of street and my new goals will be to travel the country entirely off road, head down to Baja and hopefully into the tip of South America... but I need to start small, and this pipe dream is a 3 year in process goal. Just picked up a 2004 DR650 with 7k and a friend and forum rider suggested I hit this forum up. Curious about rides in the Fryeburg area. Really wanted to lurk and figure out everything on my own, so I found the Maine forum and started to read... one page, two, three... ya than I went straight to the end... 2337 pages . I am sure local rides are covered in there but maybe someone who has covered all 2337 pages would be kind enough to direct me to the one Where these rides are posted?

THANKS!!!
If you're in Fryeburg, swing overta Whitehorse Gear in Center Conway NH. We can point you in a few directions. We haven't read all 2337 pages of the Maine thread but I bet we've read half of them. From riding all around here for a good long while we'd be glad to share some favorite routes.

When life hands you melons, you could be dyslexic.

MWValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #35060
kobukan
almost gnarly

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:

THANKS!!!
This might be a good start for you.
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #35061
Chris W
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,011
IBA #393

"I know I'm getting tired when I start ducking for over passes..." ~ Ardys Kellerman
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #35062
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,396
Cool video...I saw those donut marks on the floor at Max's when I was there a while ago...

I really like those K60's seemed to handle the gravel well, and the pavement too. Even rode out a sandy corner I took a little hot
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #35063
team8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:

THANKS!!!
Welcome Trxl2,
I'm just below you and do alot of riding in the area. I also ride a DR650.
I'm hosting the North Berwick to Fryburg Dual sport ride coming up May 4th, It's a good time if you can make it. If not I'm sure we'll meet up on a ride, I usually do several smaller rides through out the summer, and I post them up on this forum.
team8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #35064
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,201
Adios.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #35065
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,396
You two kids stay out of trouble and have a good time
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #35066
goodolguzzi
Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer: 2,218
the mtn is mostly still buried...'bout 33 people on the hill yesterday...luvinIt!!!

2t & Ts...i won't be makin the gunshow/mullies
Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #35067
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Adios.

have a nice ride..
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #35068
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!

Oddometer: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Cool video...I saw those donut marks on the floor at Max's when I was there a while ago...

I really like those K60's seemed to handle the gravel well, and the pavement too. Even rode out a sandy corner I took a little hot
Video is cool. Nice to see a dealer not taking the "BMW" thing too seriously.

PC must be bonding with the new bike/tire combo because last night he keeps telling me he is gonna take it easy to break it in.... then we end up flying through the country-side.

Thanks for the beer Chris.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #35069
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewillsmith View Post
Video is cool. Nice to see a dealer not taking the "BMW" thing too seriously.

PC must be bonding with the new bike/tire combo because last night he keeps telling me he is gonna take it easy to break it in.... then we end up flying through the country-side.

Thanks for the beer Chris.
Great night sky last night. The moon was pretty incredible.

I would have been over drinking his beer too but I wound up nearer my house at the end of 130 mile ride.
Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #35070
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!

Oddometer: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Great night sky last night. The moon was pretty incredible.

I would have been over drinking his beer too but I wound up nearer my house at the end of 130 mile ride.
Agreed, the moon was awesome last night.
I rode the back roads around your way on my way home. Found a couple new dirt road connections. Half expected to pass you out there somewhere.