ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #35416
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouthyMainah View Post
I think he dusted off that "special" helmet he has in the garage though.
Yeah, that's it, "special".

Damn that thing was gross!
Tslapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #35417
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,685
2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #35418
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post
Looks likes Sasquatch ate a clown and then took a dump on your lid.

Tslapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #35419
New2dualsport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Ride info.

I think wifey and I will be loading up the truck trailer and Wee to go north to camp in Medway on Memorial weekend. Looking for a route that will be quiet,scenic and places to stop and eat, etc. Gravel is not out of the question it just has to be mild with her on back.
New2dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #35420
tonybcrazy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan207 View Post
I have an Aqua star/Bosch on demand water heater. Got it from HomeDepot years ago but its only been installed for about a year. Most days it works fine, but occasionally - like this morning - it throws one of a couple of error codes and stops working. It's easy to reset, but that means getting out of the shower, going downstairs, pressing the button, and going back upstairs, usually dripping with water the whole time.

Normally I would call the guy who installed it, but he's been back a couple of times and can't seem to solve the problem. I don't know if he really knows what he's doing....

I'm open to suggestions
Do you routinely descale the heater? I don't own one personally but have talked about on demands in depth with my boss who has designed a couple heating systems around them. According to him they will work fine then all of a sudden stop working in a unpredictable manner. The issue every time has been scale build up. Apparently descaling is an important yearly maintenace routine.
tonybcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #35421
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,952
Quote:
I have an Aqua star/Bosch on demand water heater. Got it from HomeDepot years ago but its only been installed for about a year. Most days it works fine, but occasionally - like this morning - it throws one of a couple of error codes and stops working. It's easy to reset, but that means getting out of the shower, going downstairs, pressing the button, and going back upstairs, usually dripping with water the whole time.

Normally I would call the guy who installed it, but he's been back a couple of times and can't seem to solve the problem. I don't know if he really knows what he's doing....

I'm open to suggestions
If you're up for some simple wiring you could always install one of these as a back up to at least be able to finish your shower before going to reset the other one.

From what I've seen the breaker in the shower is optional.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #35422
GClark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Picked up another bike. XT600 is going to be a summer project, and I couldn't wait to ride.

99 Sv650. With 2,000 miles! Little dents on the gas tank and a ripped seat, mint otherwise. Crappy garage pic:

Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #35423
radguzzi
The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer: 5,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post

Sunday morning Mrs 2t n I will be heading to Nashville for a few days and then across to Johnson city to finish part II of the "2twisted gets a Guzzi"or two And then I get to ride a bike I have yet to lay eyes on for the rest of the week on a trip home, while mother Jet-sets home to Maine.
Nice T... Real saga going on here... Congrats on the Guzzis, one can never have too many.

Safe travels.

Radzo...

Member: AMA - USCRA - MGNOC
radguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #35424
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybcrazy View Post
Do you routinely descale the heater? I don't own one personally but have talked about on demands in depth with my boss who has designed a couple heating systems around them. According to him they will work fine then all of a sudden stop working in a unpredictable manner. The issue every time has been scale build up. Apparently descaling is an important yearly maintenace routine.
had not thought of that, but since this has been happening since day one almost I don't think its the culprit THIS time. though it seems something else I need to explore

thanks for the input

02 Suzuki DL1000 - 06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 06 DR650 - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 AM   #35425
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
If you're up for some simple wiring you could always install one of these as a back up to at least be able to finish your shower before going to reset the other one.

From what I've seen the breaker in the shower is optional.
Ummmm wow?

that is quiet a piece of engineering there. If you don't mind though, I would like to find a slightly more permanent fix.... that piece just wouldn't "fit" with the ambiance of my bathroom. I don't have any blue in my color scheme.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #35426
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Ummmm wow?

that is quiet a piece of engineering there. If you don't mind though, I would like to find a slightly more permanent fix.... that piece just wouldn't "fit" with the ambiance of my bathroom. I don't have any blue in my color scheme.
I think we will pass on the Tinman shower cam....insert lil green pukeman here ! Mornin , G.
2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 AM   #35427
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,952
Quote:
Ummmm wow?

that is quiet a piece of engineering there...
It wasn't at this particular place but at one with a similar 'water heater warmer' Dave sez the water was warm. I get in afterwards and can barely stand the cold stream coming out of it.

"Jiggle the switch around a little bit...maybe it's not making contact."

*jiggle, jiggle, jiggle*

- green arc glows through the plastic housing -

"Ahhhhhhh...warm water..."

Complete opposite of what's been driven into our heads about electricity and water.

If I had a camp one of these would be in my suitcase on the trip home. Then again, if I had a camp I wouldn't be able to travel...

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:45 AM   #35428
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Oddometer: 1,977
[QUOTE=EvilClown;21417885]If you're up for some simple wiring you could always install one of these as a back up to at least be able to finish your shower before going to reset the other one.

Any pics of your KLR?

Poacher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #35429
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
It wasn't at this particular place but at one with a similar 'water heater warmer' Dave sez the water was warm. I get in afterwards and can barely stand the cold stream coming out of it.

"Jiggle the switch around a little bit...maybe it's not making contact."

*jiggle, jiggle, jiggle*

- green arc glows through the plastic housing -

"Ahhhhhhh...warm water..."

Complete opposite of what's been driven into our heads about electricity and water.

If I had a camp one of these would be in my suitcase on the trip home. Then again, if I had a camp I wouldn't be able to travel...

My experience is in Mexico - a place that I really want to spend more time in honestly - but it seems that many of the Latin american countries are similar. They do a LOT of that type of "get by" engineering. The city sewers can not handle the load so you don't flush your paper. There are people who make their living by walking around town with a bucket and a sponge (and MAYBE some soap) washing cars. They dip the bucket in the city drainage system (read sewer?) and get your car "clean".

If this sounds like I am criticizing, it s not my intent. Its just a couple of examples of what has worked in their culture for many MANY years that people in our culture could not imagine. WE think electricity and indoor plumbing are requirements for normal life. THEY prove that it is not. I respect that.
r

Old 05-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #35430
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2dualsport View Post
Ride info.

I think wifey and I will be loading up the truck trailer and Wee to go north to camp in Medway on Memorial weekend. Looking for a route that will be quiet,scenic and places to stop and eat, etc. Gravel is not out of the question it just has to be mild with her on back.
get out your Maine atlas before reading this....pg 44, 52, 32,33

be sure to ride Rt 116 south from Medway taking the Butterfield Rd to the right 5-6 miles out of Medway. It comes back onto 116 in Chester. When 116 turns left to go across the river towards Lincoln, stay straight after a mile or 2 the road is dirt and goes to Howland (Mattamiscontis Rd) turn right on North Howland Rd which is a mix of dirt and pavement towards Milo. Just before Milo take the Pleasant River Rd towards Brownville, stay on the east side of the river until Brownville Jct. then Rt11 back into Millinocket area

Or take 157 from Medway to Mattawamkeag and Rt2 to Molunkus then take the Aroostook Rd up to Sherman and then Rt11 back to Medway
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote