ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #38206
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post

my KLR has seen 'em come and go and its seen 'em die but long ago I stopped asking why......
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #38207
techgeek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
looking for a DR?

CJ, I have a clean 2007 DR650 I just picked up, but having second thoughts after I see how much I'd have to spend to get the suspension set up right for my mass.

You're welcome to come check it out or take it for a blast. I could be very fair on price if you were interested..

PM if you have any interest. This one's black, though..
techgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #38208
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
CJ, I have a clean 2007 DR650 I just picked up, but having second thoughts after I see how much I'd have to spend to get the suspension set up right for my mass.

You're welcome to come check it out or take it for a blast. I could be very fair on price if you were interested..

PM if you have any interest. This one's black, though..

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #38209
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Oddometer: 2,198
Quote:
Would you settle for a 750?

Bout time they updated the TW 200...
Poacher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #38210
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,502
Quote:
Would you settle for a 750?

Folks get really riled up over car tires on motorcycles, imagine the uproar that quad tires will cause!
cjbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #38211
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,467
Quote:
procycle has "fat-guy" rear springs for $125+-. I need one of them, but truth is, for most of the riding that I do, it not a huge priority. I only notice it on days like today when I went out into the sandpits. Maybe I'll ask for one for x-mas

Get yours all set up, and paid for. and then if you hate it. and I bet you won't, there are a LOT of large-mass riders who would love to relieve you of the parts or the bike

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #38212
techgeek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
setting up the DR..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan207 View Post
procycle has "fat-guy" rear springs for $125+-. I need one of them, but truth is, for most of the riding that I do, it not a huge priority. I only notice it on days like today when I went out into the sandpits. Maybe I'll ask for one for x-mas

Get yours all set up, and paid for. and then if you hate it. and I bet you won't, there are a LOT of large-mass riders who would love to relieve you of the parts or the bike

I paid cash for the bike, so that's not the issue.. but after talking to CD, they implied that just re-springing it with the 8.3kg spring wasn't going to do much for me. The recommendations were to rebuild or replace the stock shock, with new springs, and either re-spring the front forks or put this little spacer in, whose name escapes me right now, with the stock ones. (someone suggested cutting down a piece of pvc pipe to achieve the same results..) All in all it was well over a grand with the pumper carb upgrade tossed in..

I realize it's my size that creates the issues, but it just feels so little and underpowered to me.

Then again, I sometimes feel the same about my GSA and more so my S10, so the issue is more with the rider than the bike.. ;)
techgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #38213
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

another nice day for riding....after the black ice melted.....
never got on the road till almost 10....
down to Northport, up to Appleton and back thru Frye Mtn and hills of Dixmont....
some the the dirt roads were getting slick from the frost settling in and melting in the sun...
LifeSong
Old 11-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #38214
rubRsidedown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,700
Laugh Free for the taking... Maine Ice Chest

Just wondering if anyone needs a free chest type freezer, would be great for a bait well holding tank.
This is a VERY large old chest type freezer, not sure if it works or not (it very well may still work) It's in VERY nice condition.

Anyone wanting it or know of someone who wants it is more than welcome to pm or email me directly.
It is located in Millinocket and the best time to get it would be the weekends.

I can snap a photo or two if anyone needs one.

1st come 1st served.

Also, there is a large air conditioning 110v unit that may work as well we will throw in if they want that too. Probably 12000 to 15000 BTU range.
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
rubRsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #38215
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,543
DR Upgrades

Quote:
I paid cash for the bike, so that's not the issue.. but after talking to CD, they implied that just re-springing it with the 8.3kg spring wasn't going to do much for me. The recommendations were to rebuild or replace the stock shock, with new springs, and either re-spring the front forks or put this little spacer in, whose name escapes me right now, with the stock ones. (someone suggested cutting down a piece of pvc pipe to achieve the same results..) All in all it was well over a grand with the pumper carb upgrade tossed in..

I realize it's my size that creates the issues, but it just feels so little and underpowered to me.

Then again, I sometimes feel the same about my GSA and more so my S10, so the issue is more with the rider than the bike.. ;)

It is unlikely that you weigh as much as I do (not to mention the 40 pounds of ammo boxes). I changed out my DR springs (F & R) about a year and a half ago and was very happy with the results. It certainly did not suddenly emulate Ohlins suspension but did get me riding in the right portion of the suspension stroke. If you are unsure about the DR being a part of your future it is a gamble but if you are a DR fan, you would need the springs anyway should you decide on more suspension work in the future so all that is lost is the labor of changing them out. I don't know how convenient it would be but mine could be available for comparison although it is currently lowered and on 17" wheels so ....

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #38216
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,536
Nothing to do with the above.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #38217
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
another nice day for riding....after the black ice melted.....
never got on the road till almost 10....
down to Northport, up to Appleton and back thru Frye Mtn and hills of Dixmont....
some the the dirt roads were getting slick from the frost settling in and melting in the sun...
Roads are toast up this way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #38218
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...

Oddometer: 1,467
this was a child vid after EC's offering. Thought some of you might be interested.

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650
TinMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #38219
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubRsidedown View Post
Just wondering if anyone needs a free chest type freezer, would be great for a bait well holding tank.
This is a VERY large old chest type freezer, not sure if it works or not (it very well may still work) It's in VERY nice condition.

Anyone wanting it or know of someone who wants it is more than welcome to pm or email me directly.
It is located in Millinocket and the best time to get it would be the weekends.

I can snap a photo or two if anyone needs one.

1st come 1st served.

Also, there is a large air conditioning 110v unit that may work as well we will throw in if they want that too. Probably 12000 to 15000 BTU range.
we had a big old chest freezer and thru some energy program of the state, they paid us about $50 and came and got the freezer out of the basement which was worth $50 to me to get it up out the bilco basement entrance....
LifeSong
Old 11-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #38220
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Roads are toast up this way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
295 is looking good these days.

2twisted is offline   Reply With Quote