ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #40501
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Time for a new doc.

Mine talks guns and hunting, even lies to me about my liver. I like him and I hope I can keep him.

She really wasn't being mean or telling me not to do anything just pointing out that I wasn't 20 anymore... something about needing a screening that sounds a bit uncomfortable
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #40502
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw4Life View Post
What is wrong with your lover?

Nothing, other than the lies.

Tslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #40503
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
She really wasn't being mean or telling me not to do anything just pointing out that I wasn't 20 anymore... something about needing a screening that sounds a bit uncomfortable
I went to Rockland. They asked me if it was ok for a female doctor to do the procedure. I said sure, no problem. I might of had some bad thoughts about that trying to cheer myself up. She was nice and all but blond, pig tails and 240. Last thing I thought on the way to sleepy land was... Helga!!!!

Good luck!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #40504
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
I went to Rockland. They asked me if it was ok for a female doctor to do the procedure. I said sure, no problem. I might of had some bad thoughts about that trying to cheer myself up. She was nice and all but blond, pig tails and 240. Last thing I thought on the way to sleepy land was... Helga!!!!

Good luck!
Small hands are important at a certain time in your life.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #40505
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Soooooo..... when is this frigging weather gonna break anyways?
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #40506
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
Soooooo..... when is this frigging weather gonna break anyways?
I was wondering the same thing man. No idea.

I am starting to get cabin fever though.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #40507
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Gonna frigging well earn every minute of that spring road trip shoveling snow and freezing this winter..
Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #40508
Tslapper
#!

I miss having to clutch to get my bike to move.

Ridonkulous!

Old 03-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #40509
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,095
Now, why'd ya have to go and post that?

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #40510
Tslapper
#!

The R makes 150 HP... giggle!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #40511
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,845
Nice. Everytime I ride the 950 or the 390, I have to keep telling myself to ride it harder. The suspension works so much better if you're flogging it. But it takes soooooo long for my brain to get back into that mode, by the time I think I'm there, I'm beat.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #40512
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Oddometer: 628
F#*k ALS Trip West

Hi Guys just checking in? Sorry it's taken so long but between recovering and now fun in the sun I have not had much time. I won't go into details of shipping bike to NC (delayed and damaged), or the ride down from Maine in my old Saab. However I will include some pictures and some writing I took/did along the way. Part One of Journey West

If this is too long and boring, someone kindly PM me and I will cease and desist.
Don't want to do official RR as it's to personal and I am too lazy.

Part One
Woodrow Wilson bought me dinner in South Carolina. He saw me pull in and insisted that he carry my pack, help me to my room, and lifted the walker over the curb and room threshold. He had an interesting life story, which included marriage, divorce, and kids long gone who did not stay in touch. A past as a scholar and professor, a writer, a mason, and now a handyman at a B-motel owned and operated by a couple from India, who could care less about who he was and where he came from. They were more concerned about whether he would work for $7.50 an hour with free board. I asked him how he came by his name, and if being named after a famous president had affected his life in any way. The short version was that his father had great respect for WW because he not only received the Nobel Peace Prize, he also brought the USA into the war with Germany, after a U Boat sank a US sub in which one of his father’s brothers had perished. He told me that during his years as a professor, his name gave him some stature, but even as the years rolled past, and with them his wife, family, friends, job and self esteem, his name was something he was still proud of, even as his namesake’s accomplishments and contributions, along with his own, faded from memory and importance. He said, for those living in the present climate and attitude of "what can YOU do for ME" his name was of little value, but no matter, it was his and he wore it proudly. I asked him why he had reached out to me, and his reply made me reconsider my worry that this was a selfish self-indulgent trip. He said that on witnessing my determination to be part of the world without asking for help despite my physical challenges, that he felt compelled to meet me, and that I would be worth spending an hour’s wage on. I hope I was worth his time and money because the Woodrow Wilson who bought me dinner was most certainly a southern gentleman, one who did his name proud, and one I felt truly privileged to meet.

Spent the next night in Atlanta surrounded by hookers and drug dealers, and was pleasantly surprised to see my bike still under the hotel portico in the morning. The elevator smelled of urine, and the lock on the door of my room was busted, which I took as an obvious warning to sleep with one eye open. Deals for sex and drugs were negotiated in the back of the parking lot with no attempt to disguise the transactions. I was in their ‘hood and did not expect to be greeted as a brother, but they were actually most polite to me, and treated me respectfully, even after they figured out I wasn't going to be doing any business with them. When I asked one of the dealers if my bike would be stolen, he simply said, "not unless I say so". Think maybe in the future, I need to make better decisions regarding my choice of accommodations.

A woman approached me in a Mississippi Best Buy. First thing she said is that I made her day. She went on to tell me that her woes and problems were dragging her down, making her feel sorry for herself that morning, until she saw me struggling to get the walker off the motorcycle. She saw the ALS sticker on the bike. Followed me into Best Buy, she said, because she felt the Lord wanted her to meet me this day. I began to reply in my struggled laborious one breath per word way, but she stopped me a dozen words in. She said "You Poor Dear Man", took me in an embrace, and then she began to cry for me. So, that is how I came to find myself at Best Buy in Mississippi, weeping in the arms of a black woman named Jennifer, whom I had only met five minutes earlier.

Too be continued.........maybe.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #40513
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,355
thanks for checking in SS...been wondering if you had got headed out on the trip
nice stories and pics
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #40514
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Glad to see you are doing well SS...the world is full of good people.

Please keep the stories and pics coming we are waiting for more

so what do you think of the new bike?
Old 03-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #40515
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,355
memory lane...

LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote