ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #16
R.Markus
Damage Addict

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220
jerry,
whatcha do, hook up an off road light? or is it a reflection...don't think ya can run your heated gear with an extra light. ya may be pushin it...

oh, and i think u have to add the next mystery pic...
My guess is that's the Swinging Bridges sticker reflecting from the flash.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #17
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 402
Padanaram

Finally went down a dead end road I've always wanted to check out. If you went on either of the HNF rides the past year you were very close to this place. You may need to do some internet searching to find it. Or if you're as goofy as me you could flip a nickle and head for a town with a vegetable name.
Attached Images

RoadDad screwed with this post 11-03-2008 at 02:42 AM
RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #18
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
South-West of Silverville? Did a google map search and I think I see it.
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #19
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,135
I think Jerry killed the game.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #20
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

I may be somewhat close, just not sure, and haven't had time to ride out that way to see.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
Eugene
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtackett
I may be somewhat close, just not sure, and haven't had time to ride out that way to see.
Good luck. I don't know where that's at. The only info I found was what you've already posted.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #22
dmay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
I know exactly where it is,I just don't wanna go down to "God's Valley"
(prior experience with the inhabitants)

2011 Sherco 250 trials,83 Fantic 240 trials,1992 Fantic 309 trials,09 Kawasaki KLX250s,1984 SWM 320TL,03 KTM 640 Adv
dmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #23
Eugene
-

I think I'll pass on that one.

Was gtackett right about the locatioin?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #24
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

If the road is a little loop around a pond/lake, then I think I found it on the google map.

I think I could stretch a lunch hour out long enough sometime to make the run .... unless someone else does it first....

Greg T.
Bedford, IN
Old 11-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #25
dmay
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
I think I'll pass on that one.

Was gtackett right about the locatioin?
yea,he's got it,now he's gotta get that photo for us.

2011 Sherco 250 trials,83 Fantic 240 trials,1992 Fantic 309 trials,09 Kawasaki KLX250s,1984 SWM 320TL,03 KTM 640 Adv
Old 11-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #26
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 402
Padanaram

Yes, you have the correct location. Since I made the post I've done a little investigating and I understand dmay's position. Pandanaram turns out to be a commune started in the 1970's by a group of separatists. They tend to live in there own world but have many business interests around the area, including Bloomington. When I rode there two weeks ago, no one paid any attention to me. But some net sites seem to indicate that, in the past, they were heavily armed and a little paranoid (Ruby Ridge).
In any case, if any one out there would prefer, I could post a different tag location. If I get one reply to this note I will go ahead and post another tag. Don't want anyone going where they feel uncomfortable.
Attached Images

RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #27
metalmaster OP
adventure dreamer

Oddometer: 159
Yeah, go ahead and do a new tag location. I don't like the sound of that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad
Yes, you have the correct location. Since I made the post I've done a little investigating and I understand dmay's position. Pandanaram turns out to be a commune started in the 1970's by a group of separatists. They tend to live in there own world but have many business interests around the area, including Bloomington. When I rode there two weeks ago, no one paid any attention to me. But some net sites seem to indicate that, in the past, they were heavily armed and a little paranoid (Ruby Ridge).
In any case, if any one out there would prefer, I could post a different tag location. If I get one reply to this note I will go ahead and post another tag. Don't want anyone going where they feel uncomfortable.

metalmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #28
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad

I remember reading some of those same reports online about them.

Back in the day the local police couldn't do anything about them,called in the FBI and after a few run-ins with them the Feds just decided it wasn't worth a bloodbath in southern Indiana and just let them be.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:51 AM   #29
dmay
Gnarly Adventurer

Well,I wouldn't be that freaked out by them so I'd change the tag,It's just my sister was part of their "family" for years.We'd go down and visit and you'd see a lifestyle that you just didn't want to endorse(she and her multiple children are all out of there now)They had no respect for anyone not of their group(refered to us as "skaggs",but at least not to our faces),any equipement they bought for their logging business or their sawmill seemed to get thrashed in a matter of months from purchase.All the women and children were on AFDC programs so they could get free healthcare from the rest of society.
They do manage to run businesses that continue to function(Empire Wood) and did do a decent job of logging a co-worker of mines property and the check they promptly paid him didn't bounce,he was unable to get any other logging company to even come out and give him an estimate.
I never felt like we were in danger going down there,it was just creepy.
I'd be afraid that the one person who recognized me would be standing right there as I snapped my photo and I'd be drug into a "How's Monta,we really miss her,would you like to join our commune" discussion...

So someone should run down there and post it up,imagine the thrill of visiting such a controversial place,after all,it is Adventure Rider,not Safe Tourer, isn't it?

dmay screwed with this post 11-08-2008 at 04:43 AM
Old 11-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #30
hilljak
Hayseed

Oddometer: 369
Wimps...... TAG.....
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote