ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #61
gtackett
Studly Adventurer
 
gtackett's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Bedford, IN
Oddometer: 701
Since there is a reference to Woodsrat, I believe this gate is in the Hoosier National Forest. However, I don't recognize it.
__________________
2006 KLX250
1985 CB700SC
1990 KX250
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #62
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer
 
KneeKicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade
Not to be a dick, but a photo of some gate in the woods, with the only clue being a refrence to an ADVrider is not going to get me to participate in this game. We can do better than this right? I would love to get involved with this, espically during the winter months, it give me a reason to crank the heated gear and do some riding.

Mo better clues please!
It's ok if your a dick you can still play.

This is really an easy one if anyone has ever ridden in the Deam Forest.

There's your clue.
__________________
everything looks cool on motorcycle

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #63
Eugene
-
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: IN
Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by platterdr
It's ok if your a dick you can still play.

This is really an easy one if anyone has ever ridden in the Deam Forest.

There's your clue.




I think that's a good enough hint for me. Austin should snag that one as a memento.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #64
hilljak
Hayseed
 
hilljak's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Lost in the mulligrubs...
Oddometer: 375
you fellers said "dick"
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #65
RoadDad
n13ub
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Jasper, Indiana
Oddometer: 411
Clues, clues

Well, now you know it's a closed road in the Deem Wilderness. Watch out for turkey hunters seeking that elusive red headgear on the Thanksgiving bird. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. How is that for more clues? The idea is to get you to think and then ride when you can. Hopefully at least one new tag every week.
RoadDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #66
Wade
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Wade's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: The Capital City of the Great State of Minnesota
Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad
Well, now you know it's a closed road in the Deem Wilderness. Watch out for turkey hunters seeking that elusive red headgear on the Thanksgiving bird. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. How is that for more clues? The idea is to get you to think and then ride when you can. Hopefully at least one new tag every week.
Absolutely, the deam hint was enough so that with a little work you could get the general area and then go and explore to find it. Now the question is who is going to go and get it???
__________________
2006 Buell Ulysses
1975 Honda CB400f
2008 Street Triple (For Sale in Twin Cities MN, PM me)
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #67
scarysharkface
30-125
 
scarysharkface's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Lakland
Oddometer: 12,924
I figure the ride to work didn't kill me, so maybe I need to take a mental health day and go for a look-see later this week..

John
__________________

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #68
tpar1220
such a pud..
 
tpar1220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: martinsville... ish, in.
Oddometer: 2,512
Quote:
I figure the ride to work didn't kill me, so maybe I need to take a mental health day and go for a look-see later this week.

well, if i don't go to ky with platterdr trail riding this weekend...i may beat u to it.....maybe.

i have thurs/fri off...but, when jack frost starts nippin at my ass, i start cryin and head for home.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #69
scarysharkface
30-125
 
scarysharkface's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Lakland
Oddometer: 12,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220
well, if i don't go to ky with platterdr trail riding this weekend...i may beat u to it.....maybe.

i have thurs/fri off...but, when jack frost starts nippin at my ass, i start cryin and head for home.
I'm starting to feel a bit woozy and ill this afternoon. My wife assures me that I had better feel good enough to be at work tomorrow, but at this point I'm not sure. I think I have a fever or something. I probably should wire the grip wraps before a long day on the bike...

John
__________________

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #70
Eugene
-
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: IN
Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface
I'm starting to feel a bit woozy and ill this afternoon. My wife assures me that I had better feel good enough to be at work tomorrow, but at this point I'm not sure. I think I have a fever or something. I probably should wire the grip wraps before a long day on the bike...

John
You better grab that photo. If not I'll run down and get it. I have a good spot for the next one.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...,0.038624&z=15


Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #71
scarysharkface
30-125
 
scarysharkface's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Lakland
Oddometer: 12,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
You better grab that photo. If not I'll run down and get it. I have a good spot for the next one.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...,0.038624&z=15


*If* I ride tomorrow, I'll have to see if I can even find the darn thing!
__________________

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:09 AM   #72
alpiv
Sr. nOOb
 
alpiv's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Oddometer: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
You better grab that photo. If not I'll run down and get it. I have a good spot for the next one.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...,0.038624&z=15


My god man, there's got to be snow on the ground up there by now, or soon to be.

Could be up to 4 feet in a night.....
If you tag that one, it may be some time before anyone is able to any were near there to get the tag....
Yet, it would be fun!
alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #73
Eugene
-
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: IN
Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpiv
My god man, there's got to be snow on the ground up there by now, or soon to be.

Could be up to 4 feet in a night.....
If you tag that one, it may be some time before anyone is able to any were near there to get the tag....
Yet, it would be fun!


I live about an hour north of Indy and we've got a little snow on the ground here.

I've been tempted but I don't want to be responsible for bringing everything to a stand still. That and I don't want to subject someone to the torture of straight and flat boring roads.

Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 AM   #74
alpiv
Sr. nOOb
 
alpiv's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Oddometer: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene

I don't want to subject someone to the torture of straight and flat boring roads.

How could you be responsible...
Hell, mother nature did that to us a long time ago! LMAO
alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #75
Eugene
-
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: IN
Oddometer: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpiv
How could you be responsible...
Hell, mother nature did that to us a long time ago! LMAO
Unfortunately. It's 100-150 miles to anywhere with decent roads.

It would be an understatement to say it's hard for me to get motivated to ride when it's cold out.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014