ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 06:46 AM   #76
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
Unfortunately. It's 100-150 miles to anywhere with decent roads.

It would be an understatement to say it's hard for me to get motivated to ride when it's cold out.
I rode to work this morning. Tracy wouldn't let me take a sick day. She said if I didn't go to work today I couldn't play my gig tonight.

The ride in was beautiful at 33 degrees, even without heated grips. I really wish I were out looking for that iron gate instead of at work troubleshooting software problems. Great day morning sky for pictures!

John

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post24898278
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #77
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface
I rode to work this morning. Tracy wouldn't let me take a sick day. She said if I didn't go to work today I couldn't play my gig tonight.

The ride in was beautiful at 33 degrees, even without heated grips. I really wish I were out looking for that iron gate instead of at work troubleshooting software problems. Great day morning sky for pictures!

John
We've had snow flurries all day and it's been dreary out. I think I should have headed south today.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #78
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
We've had snow flurries all day and it's been dreary out. I think I should have headed south today.
One crazy ass in the group went out(no not me). He called wanting directions to the tag.

We should be seeing pics soon.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #79
tpar1220
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,447
i guess i must be kinda crazy, i didn't see another bike on the road all day. was 36 degrees when i left and 28 when i got back. only thing that got cold was fingers. i love my widder heated gear.

did finally make it to the deam wilderness. and then had the pleasure of picking my bike up after it fell over....sinking in soft ground. shoulda got a pic.

i rode around out there for almost 2 freakin hrs and could not find that stinkin gate! since i couldn't find it anywhere, i thought they may have got it down this road. what a shithole this was, slippery/greasy/sloppy mess for sure. my gps was showing it to dead end, i took it a ways, and it just kept gettin worse. thought....not even roaddad or platter would try and get people to go thru that for a phot tag. so, i turned around and got the flock outta there.

i am gonna go back there and ride the rest of that shithole...but will bring tw.

with a little guidance from platter...i found it.

figures....it was at the end of first place i looked.....just didn't take it to the end.

well, found it all the same.

since i did get a little help, does it still count. or should we wait for someone else to find it ?

it was startin to get dark...so , i called platter for some help
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #80
tpar1220
such a pud..

oh, i forgot to mention...i also melted my brand new bag on the exhaust... BITCHIN..
Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #81
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,623
Tparr if you rode in the temps we had today you deserve the tag. As far as that sloppy nasty road goes. Well your right it keeps getting worse as you go. I have never went to the river(which is were it leads you). Here is a pic of that road I snapped last year.

BTW Where is the next tag?

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #82
dmay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220
i guess i must be kinda crazy, i didn't see another bike on the road all day. was 36 degrees when i left and 28 when i got back. only thing that got cold was fingers. i love my widder heated gear.

did finally make it to the deam wilderness. and then had the pleasure of picking my bike up after it fell over....sinking in soft ground. shoulda got a pic.

i rode around out there for almost 2 freakin hrs and could not find that stinkin gate! since i couldn't find it anywhere, i thought they may have got it down this road. what a shithole this was, slippery/greasy/sloppy mess for sure. my gps was showing it to dead end, i took it a ways, and it just kept gettin worse. thought....not even roaddad or platter would try and get people to go thru that for a phot tag. so, i turned around and got the flock outta there.

i am gonna go back there and ride the rest of that shithole...but will bring tw.

with a little guidance from platter...i found it.

figures....it was at the end of first place i looked.....just didn't take it to the end.

well, found it all the same.

since i did get a little help, does it still count. or should we wait for someone else to find it ?

it was startin to get dark...so , i called platter for some help

I do believe it should count,anyone who went out riding today is a freakin' hero in my book!

I didn't think the goal of the game was to be a master slueth,it's to get out and ride...

2011 Sherco 250 trials,83 Fantic 240 trials,1992 Fantic 309 trials,09 Kawasaki KLX250s,1984 SWM 320TL,03 KTM 640 Adv
dmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #83
tpar1220
such a pud..

Quote:
Tparr if you rode in the temps we had today you deserve the tag. As far as that sloppy nasty road goes. Well your right it keeps getting worse as you go. I have never went to the river(which is were it leads you). Here is a pic of that road I snapped last year.

that road looks cool, we need to run it to the end. this makes the 2nd time i have rode it part ways.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #84
tpar1220
such a pud..

Quote:
I do believe it should count,anyone who went out riding today is a freakin' hero in my book!

I didn't think the goal of the game was to be a master slueth,it's to get out and ride...

Quote:

ok then, i have something in mind....just gotta get there for a pic.

patience.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #85
Glockowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Looks like a lot of fun, I look forward to participating. It will probably be a few months before I get back out on the bike, I have no heated gear and I hate the cold so my riding season has come to an end.
Glockowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #86
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,056
Dang, I'm pretty sure I knew where that one was!

Frackin' day job... I need to get paid to ride.

Next tag, please...
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:01 AM   #87
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 400
Tag

Oh hell yeah it counts--remember, there is only one rule. Bike must be in picture. Now is the new tag going to be posted in time for a ride this weekend?
RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #88
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,135

Good job Tim! Looks like you had fun.

It looks like I'll be down south this weekend so I might be able to grab a photo.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:50 AM   #89
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Where ??

TPAR1220 / PLATTERDR,

Hey guys, where is that road (with all the slop) ? I've been looling for some rough roads like that in the HNF.

Could you post a map or directions, or PM?

Thanks,
Greg T.
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #90
tpar1220
such a pud..

Quote:
TPAR1220 / PLATTERDR,

Hey guys, where is that road (with all the slop) ? I've been looling for some rough roads like that in the HNF.

Could you post a map or directions, or PM?

Thanks,
Greg T.

from 446 south of lake monroe, hit tower ridge rd at deam entrance, run tower ridge rd past fire tower. couple miles past fire tower look for peterson cemetary sign (on left), take that rd to cemetary (don't know the name of rd).

when u get to stop sign(if there are any signs out there), cemetary will be on left. u will have to turn left or right. make a left....and enjoy!

ride with a buddy....bring your spot, and tell your next of kin where u are headed!

jk, it's prolly not that bad...but i wanna find out, and i am going back there sometime. but yesterday, with darkness and temps falling....no way!