ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #91
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
I'm pretty sure I know where that is. That is the area I was planning on heading on the next trip (whenever that may be!).

I usually do ride alone, wonder if there is cell service in that area?!

On the google map it looks like there are alot of places to explore around that edge of Lake Monroe.

Thanks for the info.!

Greg
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #92
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,887
Looks like this weekend will have excellent weather for the bike. 50 degrees and sunny for Sunday, according to weather.com!

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post24898278
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #93
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface
Looks like this weekend will have excellent weather for the bike. 50 degrees and sunny for Sunday, according to weather.com!

I hope your right. I'm heading south to Kentucky to do some Daniel Boone NF trails with some of the KY ADV riders.

If anyone wants to join in I'll be leaving in the morning.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #94
tpar1220
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,459
Quote:
Oh hell yeah it counts--remember, there is only one rule. Bike must be in picture. Now is the new tag going to be posted in time for a ride this weekend?
well, i had something in mind for my tag photo, but there is no way i can get to it and have it posted for u guys by sun (which is supposed to be nice). so this will have to do.

and this is what it looks like from a distance...

this also gives the northern guys a shot. i would suggest going here first.

this a pretty cool place and they have free maps of all the covered bridges in the area, u can see in this pic (above)....right next to scales is a rack with all th free maps. getcha map, find the tag, and have fun. pretty cool place to ride, and many, many covered bridges out there.

oh, and don't bother askin directions from locals, look at these signs.

seriously.....wtf is up with that. how does a rd intersect with itself?

looks like platter and i are goin trail riding in ky. this weekend, so i won't be able to check back till sun night.

have fun...
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #95
tpar1220
such a pud..

Quote:
wonder if there is cell service in that area?!

i have att, and had no service....thats when i bailed!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #96
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,135
That's an easy one Tpar! I feel like I'm cheating. I've got a GPX file with all of the covered bridges as waypoints.

I'd love to ride some trails in KY but I've come to the conclusion that I need a lighter weight bike(for my current skill level). I've been on the lookout for 250 DS. That will open up the MI trails as well as KY.

Anyone want to mosey over to the covered bridge area Sunday? Dean, John? Anyone? There are a bunch of covered bridges in the area we could check out.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #97
tpar1220
such a pud..

Quote:
I'd love to ride some trails in KY but I've come to the conclusion that I need a lighter weight bike(for my current skill level).
i am bringing tw!!

Quote:
That's an easy one Tpar! I feel like I'm cheating
ya, i know...but would take some work for someone who has never been there. and if they have never been there, it's a pretty cool area to explore. if i had time to get the one i originally wanted....well, it would have been more interesting.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #98
Eugene
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220
i am bringing tw!!
Sweet! I've been thinking about one of those. I found an '02 with 800mi. on craigslist for $1800. Not sure if it'll work for me. I want something I can ride a little distance on the road. Still thinking about it though.

You guys have fun!

Quote:
ya, i know...but would take some work for someone who has never been there. and if they have never been there, it's a pretty cool area to explore. if i had time to get the one i originally wanted....well, it would have been more interesting.
No wories, that'll do just fine.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #99
Wade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
If the weather holds I am down (that is slang for I will do it ). Let me know a place and time to meet and Ill get back to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
That's an easy one Tpar! I feel like I'm cheating. I've got a GPX file with all of the covered bridges as waypoints.

I'd love to ride some trails in KY but I've come to the conclusion that I need a lighter weight bike(for my current skill level). I've been on the lookout for 250 DS. That will open up the MI trails as well as KY.

Anyone want to mosey over to the covered bridge area Sunday? Dean, John? Anyone? There are a bunch of covered bridges in the area we could check out.
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #100
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene

It's too easy. I know exactly where that one is and have pics of it and the bike around here somewhere already. That said, If I can get out for an hour in the next couple of days...

Tracy (Pinktoad) and I might do some riding Sunday, and if so we'll probably head down to HNF/Deam and abuse the gravel roads a bit.

John

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post24898278
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #101
tpar1220
such a pud..

Quote:
Sweet! I've been thinking about one of those. I found an '02 with 800mi. on craigslist for $1800. Not sure if it'll work for me. I want something I can ride a little distance on the road. Still thinking about it though.
don't let the size fool ya, the tw will go anywhere u want to go. there are guys that tour on these things.

http://tw200forum.com/

this is just one guy from th tw forum...on his alaska trip.

and there are many others....tw member "the mule" took his tw on a trip and did 700+ mile days.

only problem is riding with other people, tw's are not very powerful, so everyone tend to run away from me. so, when i ride the tw, i usually ride by myself....and have an absolute blast.

offer the guy $1500, and enjoy...thats a good price for a tw with 800mi. if ya don't like it, sell it and get all your money back....no problem.

whatcha got to lose? if ya had it....u could have gone with us this weekend.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #102
Eugene
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface
It's too easy. I know exactly where that one is and have pics of it and the bike around here somewhere already. That said, If I can get out for an hour in the next couple of days...

Tracy (Pinktoad) and I might do some riding Sunday, and if so we'll probably head down to HNF/Deam and abuse the gravel roads a bit.

John
No problem. If you're around the area grab it. I won't have a whole lot of participation in this(at least until spring) due to my location. I mainly like seeing where everyone ends up going and getting new ideas.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #103
Eugene
-

Quote:
don't let the size fool ya, the tw will go anywhere u want to go. there are guys that tour on these things.

http://tw200forum.com/

this is just one guy from th tw forum...on his alaska trip.

and there are many others....tw member "the mule" took his tw on a trip and did 700+ mile days.

only problem is riding with other people, tw's are not very powerful, so everyone tend to run away from me. so, when i ride the tw, i usually ride by myself....and have an absolute blast.

offer the guy $1500, and enjoy...thats a good price for a tw with 800mi. if ya don't like it, sell it and get all your money back....no problem.

whatcha got to lose? if ya had it....u could have gone with us this weekend.
You're a bad influence.

I might see if it's still for sale and check it out tomorrow. I've never even sat on one so who knows.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #104
Eugene
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade
If the weather holds I am down (that is slang for I will do it ). Let me know a place and time to meet and Ill get back to you!
Great! We could meet somewhere around 10am? Maybe around Waveland? How about Maple Ridge Cemetary.

I'm a few hours out from that location and you're probably an hour. You might try to let me know sometime tomorrow. I might change plans a bit if no one else is tagging along.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #105
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Gas station Elkinsville?

Back on the HNF previous tag area.

Anyone know if there is a gas station in Elkinsville? Or, where the closest one would be?

That may dictate which way me and my stock tanked XT go from that point.

Thanks.
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote